Hearthstone

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Is Pirate Rogue a thing yet? I tried to create a Wild deck and it was just too slow. Rogue is my least played class.

I've tried one too - very slow indeed and you'll get bumrushed by almost any face deck. I've had ok luck with some pirate warriors (his ability to armor up while clearing minions neutralizes face decks).

I've seen the gadgetzan rogues, but i'm not fond of decks entirely reliant on one or two cards. I'm running a combo/draw rogue - it's very effective at clearing board and has a number of big finishers including argent commander + cold blood x 2 and eviscerate. It's a really slow climb tho.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I've tried one too - very slow indeed and you'll get bumrushed by almost any face deck. I've had ok luck with some pirate warriors (his ability to armor up while clearing minions neutralizes face decks).

I've seen the gadgetzan rogues, but i'm not fond of decks entirely reliant on one or two cards. I'm running a combo/draw rogue - it's very effective at clearing board and has a number of big finishers including argent commander + cold blood x 2 and eviscerate. It's a really slow climb tho.

Gadgetzan rogue? It's called miracle rogue. It's the main rogue archetype. What you're trying to do is a slow climb because your archetype was killed in the blade fury nerf.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So, Santa Hunter a thing now? It would appear so given them amount of secrets the Hunter has access to now.

I gave it a go last night and blitzed my opponents. Whereas in the past your opponent could identify quite easily which secret you'd played based on your deck (face/mid), but when running 10 or so secrets in your deck they are completely at a loss. It's interesting to watch them fumble around with their plays as they are guessing.

This deck may just take me to 500.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
So, the unthinkable happened...I actually spent money on this game...That $5 welcome bundle was just way too tempting...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So, the unthinkable happened...I actually spent money on this game...That $5 welcome bundle was just way too tempting...

The deal was excellent, but overall, I still recommend against spending more money on the game. Personally I have hit a wall in terms of being able to enjoy the recent metas. They give you the possibility of hundreds of cards to collect, but they have created and fed into a meta that cripples creativity and variance.

In short, you don't need a lot of cards to win. Just the right ones.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Hearthstone really needs to diversify how you can play the game. Standard, wild, and tavern brawl aren't enough. Arena is also archaic and in desperate need of an overhaul. We need custom formats that we can play with our friends, including tournament modes. We have hundreds of cards to choose from. Give us a reason to play them.

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
Demon Hunter, Death Knight and Monk need to be added and stuff needs to be rearranged and reworked to make many different types of deck viable for each class, or possibly to make each class its own distinct play style. I would also welcome the removal of extreme RNG mechanics like Yogg and the nerfing of some of the more game winning single cards like they did with turning down Force of Nature (like Call of the Wild, Doomhammer, etc).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think that ship has sailed. It would be cool to get those classes, but it would likely be impossible to integrate them into a the game at this stage. They should have added those classes a year ago, or at least with wotog dropped.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Blizzard will continue to release adventures and expansions and we will continue to buy them up. Hearthstone is a massive financial sponge right now and Blizzard will squeeze every last dollar out of it while people are paying. We'll end up with thousands of cards and still be fumbling to make something of them.

I agree with Wes though, the mechanics need a turn around. Blizzard need to create and introduce features that are fun to play and stop putting all their focus into the meta and ladder. The latest adventure was a blast. Fresh and tongue in cheek.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
So this bullshit happened today

cZbUe69.png

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Well how about that, I got 6 card packs for free because the Russian guy won the Hearthstone World Championship.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Guys, don't bother with tavern brawl unless you want to get rewards for your ladder deck against the armies of tempostorm.com

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
Guys, don't bother with tavern brawl unless you want to get rewards for your ladder deck against the armies of tempostorm.com

I assume you are speaking of the new tavern brawl that is a 1000 gold. Have you tried it? Is it worth doing?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I assume you are speaking of the new tavern brawl that is a 1000 gold. Have you tried it? Is it worth doing?

You won't break even until you hit 6 wins. At 7 you profit. But even then, the cost benefit ratio is completely not worth it at all.

And it's basically standard ladder.

I think the idea came to Ben Brode while fucking one of the tween pro players, who said mid coitus how much he wanted a new way to stream his shitty ladder matches on twitch.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
You won't break even until you hit 6 wins. At 7 you profit. But even then, the cost benefit ratio is completely not worth it at all.

And it's basically standard ladder.

I think the idea came to Ben Brode while fucking one of the tween pro players, who said mid coitus how much he wanted a new way to stream his shitty ladder matches on twitch.

My first thought was that they wanted a way for players to empty their gold supply in a timely fashion ahead of the new expansion.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My first thought was that they wanted a way for players to empty their gold supply in a timely fashion ahead of the new expansion.

This is exactly the opinion of the majority posters at the official hearthstone forums. This new mode has resulted in a lot of bad blood with Team 5.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Heroic Brawl was only made to suck gold from players accounts before the expansion. They don't want you to win. They want you to flush your gold down the toilet and use cash for the upcoming expansion. If you wanted any sort of proof, consider the fact that if you come to a draw in heroic tavern brawl, both players lose. This happens in no other mode in Hearthstone. The rewards are shitty until 7 wins, and even then all you're winning is WOTOG packs, which you don't even really need.

All this shit happened right after Ben Brode asked Disguised Toast to be nicer to them in his videos because, in his own words, "we're trying our best."

Heroic Brawl is Ben Brode at his best, folks.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There has been a lot of talk about people not being fair in interpreting Ben Brode over the Disguised Toast comments. He said it was a joke but people took him seriously.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I'm still a running a version of EW's Priest deck from a page back. Matches take 12-15 mins, but it has a huge guilty pleasure feeling to each match. There's always an answer, entomb, mind control, shadow word. No matter what they drop, you just take it off the board. I have Big Game and Faceless Manipulator in their too. Few better things than copying a big minion on turn 10, and then big gaming their copy 1 second later. The rage quits are frequent and enjoyable.