Hearthstone

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Stuff to keep in mind when milling: pick the right time to reveal that you're playing a mill deck. Never drop down a coldlight unless you can gang up it or shadowstep. Only drop it by itself if you're desperate for draws, emphasis on desperate. Deathlord may be a gang up target if you're playing zoo or face hunter. Shadowstep can work on deathlord as a quasi-heal, same with antique heal bot for your hero.

Patience is the key. The longer you hold out on the fact that you're playing mill, the more chances you give your opponent to drop shit like northshires, acolytes, and mana tide totem. It really helps when they think they're playing oil rogue, because they'll want to draw serious cards and flood the board, which is a dream with coldlights and vanish.

Also remember that if your opponent has a full hand, sap is basically a 2 mana assassinate.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
My current Mill Druid. I've only recently included Hogger as he is good at stopping face attacks and he's paid off so far. There's an Innervate in there too.

I'd mulligan everything for Grove Tenders.

I really just focus on taking out their minions, without worrying about hitting their face - I'll heal up with Tree of Life.

The key is to save at least two heals for when you're both receiving fatigue damage.

A great board clear is Poison Seeds followed by Starfall, though it's a turn 9, unless you drop Innervate.

This easily takes out Control priest.

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
let's say you drop Hogger in that - what do you replace with?

For me - Kel Thuzad.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Hoggar is sort of the odd card out in that deck. I can't imagine he'd do much on turn 6. I think even something like heman would be better, especially since you're also drawing cards with grove tender and wrath. You'd have a nice full hand even if he only lasts a turn.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, Hogger isn't really working. I guess I added him as more of a distraction.

Kel-Thuzad could work, maybe Alexstrasza even.

I'm finding the biggest let down to the deck is the ability to board clear.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, Hogger isn't really working. I guess I added him as more of a distraction.

Kel-Thuzad could work, maybe Alexstrasza even.

I'm finding the biggest let down to the deck is the ability to board clear.

Poison seed into star fall should clear anything.

Swap iron beak owl out for spell breaker.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Poison seed into star fall should clear anything.

The problem is that's a 9 mana, 2 card combo. With face hunter and mech mage flooding the board early, you won't be able to mill them (giving them cards is suicide), and you won't likely survive until turn 9 to cast it (if you did, then there's deathrattle bullshit left over).

It's really hard for fatigue Druid to do well these days. For the reasons I stated above, and because most people know how to play against them. Once they realize what they're playing against, it's all over (which, to be fair, is harder to conceal like you can with mill rogue).

It's funny how almost all the new cards coming out of BRM go well in troll decks. Math warrior is making a comeback, and the results are fucking hilarious:

X1VieOV.jpg

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
You're right, dude. I think Mill Druid has had its day. It's still fun during during matches pre level 15.

Face Hunter is such fucking cancer, 1st drop Leper Gnome and I know I'm in for some raep.

Grim Patron is such a great card, especially with Mage as you can just pump them out with your Fireball.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You're right, dude. I think Mill Druid has had its day. It's still fun during during matches pre level 15.

Face Hunter is such fucking cancer, 1st drop Leper Gnome and I know I'm in for some raep.

Grim Patron is such a great card, especially with Mage as you can just pump them out with your Fireball.

Grim patron w warrior creates some devastating combinations. Probably the most burst you can get,if you have that charge forward minion and 2 whirlwinds, and drop a berserker to multiply off each damage taken by a minion.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

Grats!

And Grim Patron is surprisingly awesome at cleaning up a shit board that usually clutters face hunter's side. I'm having a lot of fun playing a warrior that isn't control. Can't wait to play dragon paladin once the cards are released.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Grim patron w warrior creates some devastating combinations. Probably the most burst you can get,if you have that charge forward minion and 2 whirlwinds, and drop a berserker to multiply off each damage taken by a minion.

I think 95% of Warriors are now running this deck.

Yes, it is complete brutality!

DarkRider

n00b
There was always something really fun about charging out a berserker and pumping him right up to 15-20 attack. Sounds like it's time to bust out my math warrior again and update it.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm not sure how long it's been available but I see that Hearthstone is now accessible on iPhone!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm not sure how long it's been available but I see that Hearthstone is now accessible on iPhone!

it was released yesterday.

I can only imagine the effect on productivity this will have to workers across the globe.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
For when you need to raise golden minions from the dead

FFcVVfI.png

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
For when you need to raise golden minions from the dead

View attachment 24551

Ha ha ha, nice ploy!

Well, it looks like I can't download HS on my iPhone 5S running 8.3

It just hangs on the "waiting" with the app greyed out as if it's preparing to download. It probably has something to do with the MDM software installed on my phone so the Security team can monitor my tumblr usage...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ha ha ha, nice ploy!

Well, it looks like I can't download HS on my iPhone 5S running 8.3

It just hangs on the "waiting" with the app greyed out as if it's preparing to download. It probably has something to do with the MDM software installed on my phone so the Security team can monitor my tumblr usage...
Try this

Turn off your phone

Turn it back it on.

That worked for me.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
lol, worked. Thank you for your A+ troubleshooting.

thank me after you find yourself playing HS through your work day...

sheesh. my work has been complete shit all day.

but the HS interface is amazingly well done for the iphone.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
thank me after you find yourself playing HS through your work day...

sheesh. my work has been complete shit all day.

but the HS interface is amazingly well done for the iphone.

Actually, your comment earlier is spot on regarding work productivity.

I am sure there are a huge number of people getting paid to play HS this week. That makes me smile.

I've got a project on this weekend so this couldn't have come at a better time. As soon as we're waiting on another team or have downtime, the phone will come out. Guaranteed.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
So this bullshit actually happened:

86G84rl.jpg

CdSv6pr.jpg

sMvEdKY.jpg

i1Ed1C9.jpg

This asswipe stole not only a Death's Bite, but a Grim Patron AND a Cruel Taskmaster. Jesus Christ.