Hearthstone

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Random / disorganized is more the feel.

Highest i've been is 11. Drops are much more predictable, but matches are also longer.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Everyone is trying to craft a C'thun based deck - it's very susceptible to face decks and it seems people are overdoing their minions - they can't clear the board; no deck synergy.

Not at all. The 2 and 3 drops deal with early aggro perfectly, and the taunts that buff c'thun are even better

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Well, can only comment on what i'm seeing so far. I coasted to my wins in standard using a really basic face hunter as my opponents kept buffing a 14/14 c'thun that they never got to drop. I tried to craft my own c'thun deck (granted, I don't have any of his taunt buffers yet) and I got owned.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Buffing C'thun isn't just about C'thun, there's other cards that benefit from having a C'thun buffed:

twin-emperor-veklor-300x429.png

But not only that, the early drops are just stat'ed really well:

beckoner-of-evil2.png disciple-of-cthun-300x429.png twilight-elder2.png cthuns-chosen-hd-300x429.png crazed-worshipper-300x429.png

These are just the neutral stuff, too. Face really isn't the place, anymore.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That Twin Emperor is a solid card.

It looks like Shaman has had a massive boost as well with some great cards. Master of Evolution is killer!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I haven't messed around with shaman yet. The game feels fresh, though. There's a lot to tinker with.

So far, I've found that it's actually control decks that crush C'thun, warrior in particular. Warrior doesn't care about your 20/20 C'thun with 30+ armor

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I haven't messed around with shaman yet. The game feels fresh, though. There's a lot to tinker with.

So far, I've found that it's actually control decks that crush C'thun, warrior in particular. Warrior doesn't care about your 20/20 C'thun with 30+ armor

Try Shields Up! and tell me why these Blizzard folk keep making Paladin overpowered.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
With a C'Thun based deck?

A deck where the win condition you're working towards is C'thun. These decks will drop minions that buff C'thun.

As an aside, your deck shouldn't have too many hard to achieve win conditions.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
How often are you finishing it w/o even dropping him?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I have a question. If your Tirion gets hexed or sheeped, does it count as him dying? Will he be revived with nzoth?

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Assuming it's a similar logic as applied to deathrattle minions that are hexed/sheeped; i'd think no. Meaning - when Malorne is hexed, he doesn't go back in your deck.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Right. But that's because of he deathrattle actually not being able to happen. This is bringing a minion back to life through a battlecry.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Right. But that's because of he deathrattle actually not being able to happen. This is bringing a minion back to life through a battlecry.

if Tirion or Sylvanas is hexed or morphed, then they are completely denied from coming back. But I don't think losing one or both of those two is a deal killer.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The majority of decks now are gimmicky. Might as well bring in Saraad into your decks.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I was surprised to see a new animation for my gold Druid of the Claw when dropping him when I had Fandral Staghelm on the board (your Choose One cards have both effects combined). Fandral is a fun card, it makes Raven Idol and Ancient of War epic cards!

1goxmw.png

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
at rank 20 everything is fun. It's like how when you're retarded everything is fun.