Hearthstone

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Golden Jaraxxus would be awesome. I wish I could pull a golden rag. I also pulled a golden Nat Pagle today, which served as an extra 400 dust since I dusted the regular version.

You focusing on warlock heavily now? I crafted Tirion because I plan on playing a lot of paladin (pirates, yo)

Yeah, I crafted Tirion before I had my "Gold Only" crafting rule. He's a great card, if he doesn't get silenced..

I've got about 50 more wins until I unlock my gold Warlock portrait but I haven't been playing it that much. I was using that rush deck and it got slammed about 8 times in a row and I deleted it in a rage fit. Been mostly playing midrange Hunter and Aggrodin and my Dragonramp Druid - he's pure taunt hell. Running my gold Faceless and Rag in it now too, lol.

DarkRider

n00b
It was a good call on a new expansion. It's called the Grand Tournament and it's adding a new card effect to the game called inspire. Inspire triggers an ability when you use your hero power.

Also thank you for the link to the galaxy gear tutorial. I was able to get my 3 packs and card back yesterday.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The new Tavern Brawl has finally given me the chance to effectively summon my Nozdormu. Love watching the opponent stumble about with indecision and bad plays as the rope burns down... :keke:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
"We're celebrating The Grand Tournament with an exciting bundle pack offer! Starting next week, players will be able to pre-purchase a bundle of 50 Grand Tournament card packs for $49.99. In addition to 50 Grand Tournament card packs ready to bust open upon launch, the bundle also includes a triumphant new card back!"

LOL!

Take my money Blizzard.

All things considered, that's a pretty good price - I would be laying down monies for packs regardless.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The new cards look really fucking cool. I'm so happy to see new pirates and dragons. My pirate paladin deck is hard and waiting for these new cards. Did anybody watch the stream of the new cards in action? Hunter's "lock and load" card looks fun as hell, and is a big shake up from the aggro face shit that's been going on. Blizzard has been trying to move the class to more midrange with mixed results, but these could be the cards to finally push it over the edge.

Also, Shaman class -- WTF?! They're biggest weakness has been shitty 2 and 3 drops (with haunted creeper and harvest golem being their best options), and they fucking get THIS card?!

totem-golem-300x425.png

This beats out shielded minibot as the best 2 drop in the game, and is something that FINALLY makes overload worth it.

Also, this:

thunder-bluff-valiant-300x425.png

As a shaman player that's experienced the late game where you run out of gas and are shitting out useless totems just to prolong the game, holy fuck what an awesome card.

I'm so fucking excited for all of this.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't know man. Some of those fights looked boring as fuck for the person sitting there and getting hit all day with repeating Mage hero powers. This will also completely nerf every existing deck harder than when they raped undertaker.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
To be fair, that's a hard setup to get going. Heman will certainly help it, but I don't think it's going to affect other decks that much. Looks more gimmicky than anything else. They're playing with preconstructed decks, so the developers wanted to show off stuff like this. I think once real players get ahold of all the cards you'll see way more bullshit than what's in these videos, ala grim patron.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
LOL just as I was talking about more bullshit cards, this is revealed:

11695820_867875463300184_8241217264713228625_n.jpg

DarkRider

n00b
So they just made the warlock hero power completely broken as opposed to the mostly broken it is right now....

Btw I'm having so much fun with the brawl this week. I don't think people knew what to make of it yesterday but today I ran into a lot more people throwing all the big minions in their decks. It has let me make a much more fun dragon paladin deck.

The new Tavern Brawl has finally given me the chance to effectively summon my Nozdormu. Love watching the opponent stumble about with indecision and bad plays as the rope burns down... :keke:

There's just something about turn one Alexstraza on someone on also.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm not assuming anything. I've backstabbed a ton of iron senseis. Then sapped whatever was buffed (usually annoyotron). Rogue tears are a real thing

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm not assuming anything. I've backstabbed a ton of iron senseis. Then sapped whatever was buffed (usually annoyotron). Rogue tears are a real thing

So you're saying you only play as rogue?

And that you're willing to play an entire hand to wipe out a couple of iron sensei and an annoyobot? Not sure who's winning there.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
2 cards is my entire hand? Im drawing serious cards with azure drake, fan of knives, shiv, and sprint.

If I'm a warrior, I fiery win axe. If I'm a druid, I wrath. If I'm a paladin, I cogammer. If I'm a mage, I frost bolt. If I'm a shaman, I earthshock. If I'm a warlock, I darkbomb. If I'm a priest, I holy smite. If I'm a hunter, I've already won by turn 4.

Iron sensei pretty much dies if it gets sneezed on.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
2 cards is my entire hand? Im drawing serious cards with azure drake, fan of knives, shiv, and sprint.

If I'm a warrior, I fiery win axe. If I'm a druid, I wrath. If I'm a paladin, I cogammer. If I'm a mage, I frost bolt. If I'm a shaman, I earthshock. If I'm a warlock, I darkbomb. If I'm a priest, I holy smite. If I'm a hunter, I've already won by turn 4.

Iron sensei pretty much dies if it gets sneezed on.
Unless you drop two iron senseis and they buff each other.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Sap one, eviscerate the other. Or backstab one, clean it up with one of your minions, and eviscerate the other...Iron sensei is a bad card, man. Maybe if it was 2/3 it'd be viable

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sap one, eviscerate the other. Or backstab one, clean it up with one of your minions, and eviscerate the other...Iron sensei is a bad card, man. Maybe if it was 2/3 it'd be viable

it's too bad that in practice, you will likely only have in your hand 1 of the 2 cards necessary to remove that threat, and when you're done, you're thinking, great, now I don't have those cards for when the oil drops. If only we could just play our entire decks from the start.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
it's too bad that in practice, you will likely only have in your hand 1 of the 2 cards necessary to remove that threat, and when you're done, you're thinking, great, now I don't have those cards for when the oil drops. If only we could just play our entire decks from the start.

Backstabs and eviscerates aren't needed for when the oil drops. A good oil player uses these cards for board control and tempo for when it comes time to drop your combo. These aren't the only tools to deal with something as silly as a turn 4 double iron sensei drop, either. That's why oil rogue is so versatile. 9 times out of 10, those senseis are going to be dealt with.