Hearthstone

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It's all about oil rogue. I have the 500 wins in my sights.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Your Australian computer is drunk.

Not yet it's not.

But seriously. WTF is that little pack in the second pic? Middle of the screen? That was portrayed for the whole match.

Anyway, Blizz have fucked it basically.

DarkRider

n00b
Tavern Brawl opens today on North america in about 15 minutes for anyone interested.

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
loving tavern brawl.

Started out 5-0. I haven't done Blackrock or any of the other pay quests - so i'm not sure how much of this is new-new or what, but it's all new to me and feels like an entirely new game; just using the same premise.

The other day I had someone beat me with "Fatigue". He used "Cold Light Seer" and then played "Gang Up" twice. Was hilariously frustrating. If you haven't been fatigued yet, first time you draw from an empty deck, it's -1, then it just goes up each time. My last "turn" was a card he played that was "each player draws 2 cards". -5, then -6, then...dead.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Started out 5-0. I haven't done Blackrock or any of the other pay quests - so i'm not sure how much of this is new-new or what, but it's all new to me and feels like an entirely new game; just using the same premise.

The other day I had someone beat me with "Fatigue". He used "Cold Light Seer" and then played "Gang Up" twice. Was hilariously frustrating. If you haven't been fatigued yet, first time you draw from an empty deck, it's -1, then it just goes up each time. My last "turn" was a card he played that was "each player draws 2 cards". -5, then -6, then...dead.

honestly, when you spot a mill rogue, the rest shouldn't be too hard. you should be able to know within a couple of turns if you're facing a oil rogue, as they will typically hit the hero power and get their dagger out and then start prepping it. If they aren't trying to do that early, then just prepare for a mill deck.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So, am I the only one who thinks Nefarian is completely OP in the Tavern Brawl?

What is with the 5 mana start?

DarkRider

n00b
Yeah I think Rag is at a disadvantage in the matchup. Maybe if the Rag's weapon only had 3 durability on it? If Nef starts out with a chromatic drake or 2 early it can be tough to recover.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Ragnaros has a great late game.

I'm noticing that, but it's not balanced compared to Nefarian. 8dmg hero power is useless when the enemy has just dropped Onyxia or filled the board with 2/2 dragons. I've had two wins with Rag. I've won all my turns with Nefarian.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nefarion is extremely overpowered and you will know early on if you are dead in the water with Ragnaros. Best to just quit.

But once you get to turn 5 you should be able to put up a good fight.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
I'm having better luck w/Ragnaros. Playing the corruption and brawl cards timely are imperative. I'm playing defense early - but once you get to turn 5 or so and can get Molten Giant (x2 at that) for 0 mana, and an 8 attack hero power...he's the one that feels overpowered to me.

It'd be interesting if Blizzard were able to release overall stats after the week is up.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This only last for a few days. I am excited to see what next week will have.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, all good points you fellas have put forth. Definitely looking forward to the next brawl and reward.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The people complaining about Rag aren't using his hero power. The 1 health is meaningless because Nefarian can't easily deal 1 damage via spells unless he gets a lucky moonfire from his hero power. Rag is effectively dealing 5 damage to any minion for 2 mana. You don't even have to last until the late game. Once you get to turn 4, you'll start dropping minions with your hero power and taking control of the board with his time-bomb spell. Always be using your hero power as Rag.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
New Mukla Banana Tavern Brawl is teh funs! I am having much trolling success.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
All those +1/+1 nanners being used on Grim Patrons is driving me batty.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This is my Banana deck. It's got 7/8 so far. There is also a Houndmaster out of view but I'm thinking of swapping it out for another Questing Adventurer or an Echoing Ooze.

15cgak9.jpg

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Possible expansion announcement July 22nd. Start hoarding your gold now. They usually release quickly after announcing adventures/expansions, so 100g per day should set you up for around 30 - 50 packs come launch.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
I had Mind Control in my priest deck for a while but never seem to use it - it just gets stuck as an unused card taking up a valuable position. Twice last night I beefed up a Lightspawn to 20/20 only to have it Mind Controlled away from me by someone else's priest. Gonna have to put that card back in my deck.