Hearthstone

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
2v2 is just wishful thinking on my part. Tournament mode is the most logical conclusion, I feel. I'd really like to have an achievements system in place to give the game some replay value. I'd probably take that over an actual tournament mode, myself. I think displaying your achievement points under your rank would give your opponent a better idea of your skill level, too. Being able to click on it and view them would be something to do if your opponent takes a long time. I just hope there isn't an achievement for roping 10 turns in a row or something.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Beating people who taunt you should allow you to take their legendaries away and force them to spectate you dusting them.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
You mean like taunting you with emotes or dropping minions like Sunwalker

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You mean like taunting you with emotes or dropping minions like Sunwalker

I am afraid to say anything because I feel like I will end up get sunwalkered all day tomorrow.

I have been getting a lot of turn 1 annoyobots. It's an incredibly beneficial minion considering the cost. if you drop one of those, your chance of dropping 2 mini mages is high. then you can just freeze the opponent to death.

No, I mean the people who kick your ass and then give you a "well played..." before they win.

It's like, fuck that dude. Without the legendaries he would be shit.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Not sure if trend or not, but i've been running into a lot of Druids dropping legendaries on turn 2. Use the coin, use 2 innervates, drop a 7 mana minion that just puts me behind the 8-ball. I still don't have a Big Game Hunter and stuff like Assassinate costs more mana than I have.

Also, more and more rage quitters who don't get the starting hand they like. I don't mind the "win", but I do find it annoying for sure.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hearthstone gets the emotions running that's for sure. I troll the shit out of people, and I feel good about it. I cop my equal share in return and it gets me super buttdevastated, but so what, that's half the fun of it. Annoyobot are such the middle finger card though, just look at the name.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not sure if trend or not, but i've been running into a lot of Druids dropping legendaries on turn 2. Use the coin, use 2 innervates, drop a 7 mana minion that just puts me behind the 8-ball. I still don't have a Big Game Hunter and stuff like Assassinate costs more mana than I have.

Also, more and more rage quitters who don't get the starting hand they like. I don't mind the "win", but I do find it annoying for sure.

They aren't rage quitting in that case. It's a matter of lose fast to win fast, and very common among 20 farmers, who need to bring their rank down in order to find more varied decks and easier matches to win quickly.

Once you go past rank 15 it's all the same shit over and over. Chance of winning drops below 50.1%, because at best you have the same deck. But likely, the opponent has better late game drops.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

If you're playing Rogue, then use sap. Sap nullifies shit opening plays like that (for real, playing your whole hand on turn one is just awful).

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Nice, it looks like an official version of Challenge Stone that players have done at tournaments. I'm glad it's free as well.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Looks promising. It's about time they added a new element to the fray.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm curious if Shawn plays Hearthstone. The guy was a Magic the Gathering nerd, plus was way into World of Warcraft. And if he is, I wonder if he's any good.

The guy has to have a complete gold collection if he plays, though, right?

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm curious if Shawn plays Hearthstone. The guy was a Magic the Gathering nerd, plus was way into World of Warcraft. And if he is, I wonder if he's any good.

The guy has to have a complete gold collection if he plays, though, right?

you know Shawn would run blingtron in his decks, and follow with a golden harrison.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I see Shawn as more of a mech mage player. Or or freeze mage. Or mage anything.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
In all honesty, I think I've had the most fun playing freeze mage. I played it non-stop for two weeks until I hit 500 wins. Flamewaker probably only made it better too. I'm gonna revisit the deck after grinding the other heroes.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Freeze Mage looks powerful and most of the time when antonidas drops I know what's up. He's tough to nerf. And you can smell him coming. But what can you do really?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I didn't use antonidas in my deck. I ran a variation that used moltens. This was before gvg and spare parts though.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
12183.gif

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Grinding wins with this midrange Shaman deck. It's surprisingly really fun and consistent. It only has 2 legendaries, so it's pretty cheap. You should have Dr. Boom anyway, but you can sub Neptulon with a Sneeds, or, if you're really on a budget, a Piloted Sky Golem (which has synergy with Powermace). Neptulon just helps with the late game when Shaman suffers from lack of card draw.

soXQssu.jpg