Hearthstone

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Welcome to oil rogue. Oil rogue has the best burst in the game right now. It's called oil rogue because of the card "Tinker's Sharpsword Oil," which gives your weapon +3 attack, and combo: give a random friendly minion +3 attack. Combine that with deadly poison (give weapon +2 attack) and blade flurry (destroy your weapon and deal damage equal to its attack to all enemy characters (this also includes their hero)). Oil rogue can hit your face so fucking hard in one swing, and destroy your whole board on top of it. It's probably the hardest deck to play correctly, though.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
3 weeks in and i'm def improving. Ended last month rank 18. Started today and was put back to 22. 90 minutes later was back to rank 18. I think I went 10-3 or thereabouts tonight and my last arena run was 5-3. I still need an absolute ton of cards. I get owned by Warsong / Grim Patron and Force of Nature / Savage Beast. There's a couple Mage and Rogue combos I don't fully even know exactly what's being done - I just know I don't have the cards.

For Mage, it's a series of freeze cards and the one that does me in is "if character is already frozen, deal 5 damage". I got combo-ed up pretty good on that night before last. Rogue is a series of combo's too, ITTT type stuff which kept powering up the Rogues attack - it was a frenzy and I really didn't capture what happened - it just went from 24-24, to 24-0 in one turn.

Oh, and I never seem to have a polymorph or fireball whenever Kel'Thuzzard gets dropped on me. What a dink card.

Not a lot of decks should be showing of Kel'Thuzad anymore. He's rarely seen these days.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Spectated a fun mage deck and was handsomely rewarded:

yK2rA5X.jpg

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I call her Dragonspell. It needs some tweaking but is definitely a fun deck.

Malygos is easily becoming one of my favourite cards.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
You watch Faust's Mage deck?

I thought he runs mech cancer.

Hey man, apologies once again. Playing on my phone, while drinking, typing, wasting time and running a mech mage wasn't cool. But no, I run three different mage decks, as it was my primary deck to get to Golden portrait. I really need to retire her for a bit and focus on Warrior, Rogue and Priest as I only have played them a handful of times.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
yeah, but can you really get better cards from watching certain decks win?

I think so. It must be the case.

New hero announced: Magni Bronzebeard

Alternate Warrior. Has a new animation for hero power, but the hero power stays the same. Supposedly already comes golden. Also comes with a new cardback. Fucking $10 per hero pricing announced, too.

7SYF13NG5MH01432939822543.gif

QV2H9FH9H6EK1432939822519.gif

magni-card-back.png

WK3D084SRVET1432942865792.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Man, seems like the rumors of a new warrior were true then.

But seriously, why not a death knight instead?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Man, I wonder what the new surprises are...

Probably just Bloodhoof saying "you're fit to rule the hoarde." Syke.

DarkRider

n00b
Man, seems like the rumors of a new warrior were true then.

But seriously, why not a death knight instead?

It's because this is a straight cash grab. This seems to me like skins in moba games. It's harder to make money off of adding a new class and needs more balancing. With this they don't have to do anything other then draw and animate a picture.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Pathetic. Thanks Blizzard, you've let me down. But I'm used to that.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Ben Brode has gone on record saying they aren't even thinking about new classes and that they want to do a lot more things before considering that. I'm fine with alternate heroes and other cosmetic stuff. I was kind of hoping for Varian Wrynn for warrior, though, because he's probably the most badass human in Warcraft lore. I'll probably be disappointed with all of the alternate choices, but still buy them anyway.

I'm going to get a fat stack when I get fed up and decide to sell my account. It should have close to everything.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've gone back to having a lot of fun with Zoo. I'm a fairly aggressive player in HS in general and there is something so comforting in just smashing face and watching the opponent start to scramble at turn 4 when they would only normally start to get their groove happening. There is also not much Aggro in the current meta apart from the current Paladin deck which I'm also enjoying.

Deathlord is so great as it allows me to get that board control and many will avoid silencing it as they lose its deathrattle bonus. Pit Lord and Mistress of Pain are the only two I'm a little unsure about but any demon laced with Demonheart and Power Overwhelming can be lethal. If anything I'd take a Void Terror over Mistress as that can suck all of the sudden loss caused from Power Overwhelming.

2eocndt.jpg

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
That's a confusing deck. I'm surprised you don't have any Voidcallers, because those are basically free Doomguards/Pit Lords. Pit Lord is just an awful card, but playing it from a Voidcaller might be worth it. Or unless you plan on using it with molten giants or something. For zoo, Imp Gang Boss is pretty much a two-of card. It's just that good. Mistress of Pain is suited more for control decks to heal back up + deal with trash. Deathlord just isn't worth it in constructed, imo. The card just loses you the game way more times than it wins. Even if you have it Velen-buffed in a priest deck, it still usually isn't worth it. I like bane of doom, and I think having 2 eggs is worth it since you have activators from wolf, sergeant, and PO. Void Terror is a good egg activator, but it also has the added benefit of being able to permanently absorb a PO buff.

Just my thoughts. Warlock zoo is probably the strongest deck right now, next to patron warrior. Let me know if you ever want to play Heroes of the Storm. You get a 50% friend bonus XP and I'd be down to help you grind that card back quicker.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That's some good feedback. Yeah, Mistress is definitely out, it just doesn't feel right. Pit Lord I'm still undecided; it has been proving pretty effective so far as an offensive early drop - but you're right, it would be even more effective with Voidcallers, and I love N.Eggs, so I'll add another of those coupled with the Void Terror I was also considering. Looks like I'll be dropping the Pit Lord to provide the spot.

And thanks for the offer on HotS, I'll take you up on that as I do want that card. Who knows, I might actually start to like the game. I guess the only consideration is our differing time zones. Shouldn't be an issue though.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Warlock zoo is what I played to get to legend, so I feel I have a lot of experience with that deck. It's really, really powerful. You have tons of sticky minions that, if your opponent can deal with them, still leave behind other shit with all the deathrattles, plus you're always life-tapping to draw/play more stuff. It's so overwhelming.

If you see me on then send a message. I'll be happy to play HoTS whenever.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I've gone back to having a lot of fun with Zoo. I'm a fairly aggressive player in HS in general and there is something so comforting in just smashing face and watching the opponent start to scramble at turn 4 when they would only normally start to get their groove happening. There is also not much Aggro in the current meta apart from the current Paladin deck which I'm also enjoying.

Deathlord is so great as it allows me to get that board control and many will avoid silencing it as they lose its deathrattle bonus. Pit Lord and Mistress of Pain are the only two I'm a little unsure about but any demon laced with Demonheart and Power Overwhelming can be lethal. If anything I'd take a Void Terror over Mistress as that can suck all of the sudden loss caused from Power Overwhelming.

View attachment 25995
Unless my deck has only safe random drops with no battle cry effects, I will silence that death lord. Most annoying when the death lord triggers an ancient healbot to drop.

Also, any warlock with Jaraxxus or void terror would want to avoid those cards randomly dropping.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Jaraxxus is an amazing minion to have on the board. A 3/15 dude does serious board work.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I guess?

But I prefer to have a hero that can summon 6/6 minions for 2 mana.

Me too.

That said, I have had Voidcaller summon J. for a 3/15 and couple that with Defender of Argus or Sunfury Protector and it's all block.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Putting a free 3/15 on the board early on in the game will win you the game nine times out of ten. Jaraxxus is a powerful hero, but is also great to have on the board, too. Nothing to be disappointed over if Voidcaller pulls him out. Argus, sunfury, and demon heart are great to use on him. Malganis buffs him, too. 15 health on a minion is insane.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Other than Jaraxxus himself, the rest of those cards are absent from my decks.