Hearthstone

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Figured I'd make a thread in the online section (where it actually belongs, and won't get bumped into oblivion).

There's a big tournament at Blizzcon and I'm interested in seeing what decks are played. There is a picture floating around (probably fake) of a possible Death Knight class in an upcoming expansion (perhaps being announced at Blizzcon):

ZYg0B6V.png

Anybody buying a virtual ticket to the event? I'm probably going to buy one just for the D3, Wow, and Hearthstone extras. $40 is pretty fucking steep, though.

OT: Been playing a lot of druid lately. The amount of burst damage possible is insane (especially if you have two Innervates and a Coin). I really felt sorry for the dude at the end of this match:

Decklist (I think this is a Flood deck):

prksrBZ.jpg

You guys still active?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
There's already a modified apk that runs on devices lower than 6". I have it running on my old Galaxy Note II.

micah7

n00b
There's already a modified apk that runs on devices lower than 6". I have it running on my old Galaxy Note II.

Badass. I tend to pay attention to my Note 2's battery life more than my Nexus 7. I can't count the times I've gotten out the Nexus and it's been completely dead. I'll have to dig up the modded version and see how it runs. Thanks for the tip.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It runs really well. I was worried how the performance would be on this (relatively old phone), but it's really good. I used this install -- http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2pj2q6/much_simpler_way_to_install_hs_on_your_android/

You get a free (classic) pack for playing on an Android device as well.

http://imgur.com/sHZclYm

The only downside is that it is pretty small. I already know all of the cards, so reading the text isn't a problem, but it takes more effort to keep track of all the cards in my hand (especially if I'm playing handlock). I have a feeling Blizzard will completely revamp the UI for mobile devices, though. In the meantime, this is perfectly playable.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm still playing this. Not as much as I'd like but with the new expansion there is so much more variety and fun to be had.

I've actually been playing a total face rush Hunter with two Undertakers and plenty of Deathrattles. It's gotten me to 9 so far this season but I'm just too busy to play at the moment.

Hail Hearthstone; I love the game!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I just completed my GvG collection last week. Now it's back to stock-piling gold for the next expansion/adventure. I got my golden mage and am working on the other heroes, which all have 200+ wins a piece, so it shouldn't be long. I've been grinding level 20 for quick wins, and once that's done I'll go for the legend card back. I hope by then there's another expansion or something. If not, I'll have to play arena or something to stay interested.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice work on the golden Mage and completing the GvG. Can I ask, how do you obtain all the Legendaries? I mean, I'm still missing a fair few from the original deck and some rares too. Do you buy many packs? I've probably spent a good couple of hundred on the game since release.

I crafted Dr. Boom yesterday. It was about time I had him as he's in nearly every seasonal deck.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It's not too hard. Like I said, I had enough gold to buy 200 packs when the expansion came up. Statistically, you need to open an average of around 300 packs in order to pull + craft a complete set. I used gold to buy 200 packs + I bought close to 200 packs with real money, which gave me a near-complete collection right off the bat. I think the last legendary card I had to craft was Hemet, and that was just for completion's sake.

Before GvG, I bought a shitload of packs, but I used things like itunes cards I bought on sale ($100 card for $50 x 2), as well as amazon coins sale, which would give you $25 in credit if you bought a pack of 40 cards (pretty much half-off). I never buy packs with real money at full cost (although I did right in the beginning of open beta). There's always a sale happening somewhere.

On top of all of this, I average 100g a day. I'm already stock-piling for the next expansion (I will buy the new adventure with real money, though, just because it's a better deal than to use my gold). I have almost 400 wins on my Paladin, which should be completed within the next month.

I also crafted Dr. Boom the other day:

55EQkfn.png

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
99% of card packs get recycled for 5 fucking dust a card.

You think Blizzard is going to just let you play for free and win good cards?

Fuck no.

Why are they so cheap on dust?

I would rather win dust than coins.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Right, sounds like you've got the system down Wes.

I really need to knuckle down and just play this game. I spend far too much time playing D3. I love Diablo, but there is something special about HS. It's more rewarding. Especially a total annihilation followed up with a "Sorry..." :keke:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Right, sounds like you've got the system down Wes.

I really need to knuckle down and just play this game. I spend far too much time playing D3. I love Diablo, but there is something special about HS. It's more rewarding. Especially a total annihilation followed up with a "Sorry..." :keke:
Protip: you were squelched by your opponent from the start of the match.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Protip: you were squelched by your opponent from the start of the match.

Ha ha, do people actually do that?

It's OK, I'll troll regardless. It makes me feel warm down in the groin.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
That's an awesome board!

I had a bit of a Rocky come back moment not too long ago:

BE3JUCA.jpg

hduGiC1.jpg

JX4Uh1S.jpg

di95oW6.jpg

Never concede!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Packs are king. You can build a competitive mech mage deck for fairly cheap, too

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I got so excited over my recent friend request:

uYY8l7m.png

BRBxGEY.png

3DvdZCv.png

6K0q2eB.png

I like how he turned into Dudley before removing me