Hearthstone

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The expansion has been out for almost a week. Dust settling here is my verdict on legendaries

1) Baku is great for agro decks like Hunter Paladin
2) Shudderwock is hilarious and could create endless matches in mirror.
3) Genn Greymane is ok, but even Paladin and even secret hunter aren’t that great.
4) Toki is kind of shit. There’s a ton of wild legendaries you don’t want, and a handful you may find useful. Guess which you get...
5) Gunspire is a cool toy, but hard to pull off wins with. Still refining my gunspire deck.
6) Tess will replay every class card you played previously, if you switch to another class death knight through burgling, and then switch back to Rogue, not just your cards from other classes. Inspiration for a malygos Rogue if I ever saw it.
7) Lord Godfrey is a great board clear
8) Chameleos is great for spying on your opponents deck, but can also let you take their cards at key moments. For example, playing the Azari Devourer out of your opponents hand and blowing their deck up.
9) Prince Liam converting all your 1 cost cards to legendaries is like a golden monkey statue without having to get the map.
10) Emeriss and Splintergraft are too big. But worse is that in the current update, Splintergraft and also other cards that specify the cost of the minion to be generated (like Sonya), will not see their cards discounted by other field enchantments. An example is I played a Cthun Druid who dropped Aviana, Cthun, Splintergraft, and then just stared at the 10 mana Cthun that refused to cost 1 mana. Another example of this effect is that scorp-o-matics generated by Sonya will not cost 0 if you have mechwarpers on board.
11) Lady in White is a fun card in dragon priest. Dropping a 12/12 ysera is almost as good as 8/8 deathlords.
12) Hagatha is ok. Not bad. Not great. Just okay. Her battlecry does 3 damage to all minions, including your Shudderwock. The cards she generates are often useless and take up space in the hand and force you to waste your mana hand washing.
13) A lot of people say Darius Crowley is great for rush warrior. I don’t have the card yet so no comment.
14) Glinda Crowskin - I have seen where she gets dropped on a board and can summon giants over and over. When this gets refined she will be a terror. Also it explains exactly why Molten Giant was moved to Wild.

Currently playing:
Cthun Aviana Druid. My deck runs like a mill Druid, with naturalize and coldlights, added in Forest Guides because they draw cards for both players end of turn. One UI but thinking to drop it because hands can get heavy. The combo is this
Aviana, kun, Brann, Cthun, Zola on Cthun, cthun, cthun

What I want to play but can’t:
Aviana, Kun, coldlight, coldlight, Togwaggle, azalina,

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Crowley was one of the legendaries I picked up. It’s fun in a Rush/Weapon deck but it always gets snuffed after its first kill, which is fine. It’s definitely a mid game legendary which draws out your opponents removal opposed to a late game finisher. Town Crier as a first drop means you generally have it turn 5.

Also Militia Commander is great; Goodbye Tar Creeper.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There is an infinite combo with Shudderwock that I saw from the Kripp stream.

brrrloc x 2
flame plume elemental x 2
murmuring elemental x 2
loot hoarder x 2
Farsight x 2
fungal enchanter x 2
kobold apprentice x 2
mana tide totem x 2
Hex x 2
Saronite Chain Gang x 2
Sandbinder x 2
Tidal Surge x 2
Volcano x 2
Grumble x 1
Shudderwock x 1
Primordial Drake x 2

Mulligan for draw cards early like loot hoarder and mana tide totem. Toss Farsight back in the deck because it's better later on. Brrrloc is a good mulligan, along with Kobold Apprentice and Fungal Enchanter. use the fire plume elementals to discount the cost of the murmuring elemental. Use the Sandbinders to draw out your Grumble or other small elementals. Make sure you also play the Saronite Chain Gang and Grumble before you drop Shudderwock. Save the 0 mana murmuring elemental for the moment you drop your shudderwock. You should get back a lot of 1 mana shudderwocks. On turn 10, if you drop a murmuring elemental and shudderwock, you should be able to drop a second sudderwock and enter a 5-20 minute infinite that repeats over and over.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Looks like I need to craft Shudderwock

Ok, so infinite Shudderwock is hilarious. I was not bored watching it play out, while I’m sure my opponent was swearing at their screen. Indeed it’s broken AF and I will be very surprised if it or another card does not get a nerf to break the rhythm.

It’s decks like this that make me love the game.

Also having a lot of fun with my weaponrush Warrior. Town Crier on turn 1 will most often draw Crowley into your hand. Militia Commander on turn 4 feels like it was made just to break Tar Creeper on turn 3. The deck also harks back to the Gromm OTK utilising whirlwind, Armoursmith, Beserker and a big fat Gemmedstudded Golem from Kobolds that is getting more play than just being a brick wall due to the Armoursmith and Shield Block buffs. And of course two Shield Slams for removal.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So I made Togwaggle Druid and of course my first match was against a Shaman. After playing Azalina Soulthief, I got his Shudderwock, and went into a long loop of coldlight battlecries, his fucking Reno, azalina again, kept getting his Shudderwock. I think it was kind of glorious.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So I made Togwaggle Druid and of course my first match was against a Shaman. After playing Azalina Soulthief, I got his Shudderwock, and went into a long loop of coldlight battlecries, his fucking Reno, azalina again, kept getting his Shudderwock. I think it was kind of glorious.

Haha, sounds like a fun deck.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ben Brode stepping down from Team 5 and Blizzard.

One has to wonder if Shudderwock is part of the reason. I read somewhere that he told the design team this card was too much, essentially not to release it. Within less than a week DisguisedToast managed to create 4 hour loops of nothing but the end of a burning rope and Wocks appearing and disappearing from boards.

Protip: just do Grumble, saronite chain gang, healing, and brrrlock with no damaging battlecries.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member

One has to wonder if Shudderwock is part of the reason. I read somewhere that he told the design team this card was too much, essentially not to release it. Within less than a week DisguisedToast managed to create 4 hour loops of nothing but the end of a burning rope and Wocks appearing and disappearing from boards.

Protip: just do Grumble, saronite chain gang, healing, and brrrlock with no damaging battlecries.

Shudderwock is essentially a quest card with hand (deck) buff. No true interactivity.

"Play 4 battlecry minions. Get: Endless loop."

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This ended up taking about 45 minutes.

Attachments

• FFEA88DD-A47B-46AE-B712-80C5CC082AED.jpeg
    FFEA88DD-A47B-46AE-B712-80C5CC082AED.jpeg
    838.7 KB · Views: 28

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

That's big news. While it's obvious he had the best interests of the game's community of players at the forefront of his mind, he's party of the greedy shenanigan crew so he can get fucked.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That's big news. While it's obvious he had the best interests of the game's community of players at the forefront of his mind, he's party of the greedy shenanigan crew so he can get fucked.

Pretty much. They had to keep coming up with new shit, next level shit, and the rate that Blizzard economists were demanding from him and Team 5 was simply not sustainable - especially from an artistic perspective, and they began to plagiarize magic cards, and suddenly multiple classes with Exodia combinations. I think Witchwood has to be emotionally draining on everyone involved. Plus he has kids and he probably wants to see them more than an hour a day.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If any of you guys have Hadronox as one of your legendaries, I highly recommend slapping together a taunt deck where Hadro is the only beast, and resummoning it with The Witching Hour and triggering with a quick Naturalize.

I am running it in my alt account, which has hardly any good cards, but I realized that a Hadronox Druid deck only needs Hadro, and no other legendaries (the Lich King does help a lot though, but you can get him off Stonehill Defenders). The result is that Rank 20 is my farm now. Baku Paladins don't have an answer because they can't run equality with wild pyromancer. Only mages and shamans can consistently stop you.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
If any of you guys have Hadronox as one of your legendaries, I highly recommend slapping together a taunt deck where Hadro is the only beast, and resummoning it with The Witching Hour and triggering with a quick Naturalize.

I am running it in my alt account, which has hardly any good cards, but I realized that a Hadronox Druid deck only needs Hadro, and no other legendaries (the Lich King does help a lot though, but you can get him off Stonehill Defenders). The result is that Rank 20 is my farm now. Baku Paladins don't have an answer because they can't run equality with wild pyromancer. Only mages and shamans can consistently stop you.

I fuck these decks up with my control warrior where I play the taunt that summons 3 raptors. Fucks witching hour summons up.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If anyone needs help with Monster Hunt

Houndmaster Shaw is the easiest to win with. Lot of people on Reddit all seem to agree. I won it on the first try, so passing on this.

Hardest to win with is Tess, the Tracker. Card selection can be a lot more difficult than other classes. My advice is to go for traps and jades. Do not try to beat Captain Shivers with a kingsbane. Beat him with a bigger green man. Run traps to slow his damage. The dart trap secret really shines in this because you can play it and rediscover it over and over. For treasures, pick the cult of the wolf that lets you use your hero power twice. This will obviously let you otk the Whisperer boss on turn 1 with a small rock.

Toki can be difficult. My experience is to use her hero power effectively, choose the erratic bucket of cards. Cards that embrace RNG will be "lucky" when you can unplay the card. Little advice - don't play the same card (ie: Tinkmaster Overspark) on the replay unless you have to. Save it for the next turn so you don't get stuck with your decision. Also, if you get Beardo, you can pretty much reroll your turns forever.
Best treasures to get for Toki: Double Time and Stroke of Midnight. Doubletime is fantastic for arcane missiles, greater arcane missiles, and other spells gauranteed to hit enemies. Not so great for fireball, but you can reroll a turn if needed. I also advise the spell damage +3 treasure.

Darius is a bit challenging, but I won on the first try with him. I don't remember exactly what I picked but I think I went with Entrenchment, to make all my minions have +2 health. Cannon positioning to make sure each shot kills off a minion is good practice, especially if you have the treasure that buffs your minions with each use of cannon.

Against Hagatha, easiest way is the following:
You start as Shaw, so mulligan for Call of the Wild and animal companion, choose the mana crystal as your treasure. Once you have Call of the Wild, feel free to upgrade heroes to Toki immediately. Choose Doubletime as your treasure. try to cycle your deck for a bit and collect good class cards. abuse Toki's hero power. When you can reach 9 mana, start playing Call of the Wild. You can then switch to Tess, and choose Cult of the Wolf. With Tess, hero power to collect more call of the wilds. Try to have a polymorph on hand in case Hagatha uses Amalgamation. It's an easy fight.