Hearthstone

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I came to terms with the shenanigans Blizzard pulls with this game a long time ago. I’m well aware of their Jewy tactics.

Thing is, I don’t put in nearly enough time with the game these days to have clue about the meta or what decks are popular. I can’t recall the last time I copied a deck from Hearthpwn - months ago. It’s my own fault really, I can’t blame the devs for the fact I’m both lazy and defiant to conform.

What I do know is I hate Obsidian Statue and Reno Jackson is still a joke in any control deck.

I should just sell my account. Awww yeah!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Meta:
Wild oil rogue
Nagalock
Agro Paladin

What doesn’t work:
Anything with warrior

Marek

Banned
Obsidian Statue is the worst piece of shit cancer card. I hate it and anyone who runs it.

I’m done hearing “We’re gonna be rich!” - phase that shit out.

Today I’m having a Fuck This Game moment.

Fucking Barnes.

Barnes > statue > yshaarj > soulstone

It's some bullshit to be sure

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Lifesteal = Do 4 damage to a 1hp enemy, get back 4 life.

That math pretty much sums up that mechanism.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Lifesteal = Do 4 damage to a 1hp enemy, get back 4 life.

That math pretty much sums up that mechanism.

What a broken mess...

And we’ll just have it auto melt one of your minions when it dies too. The card is top tier Legendary status compared to a heap of other Legendaries but no, fuckwits can run two of them... :/

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I've played a handful of games in the last month. Game is fucking stale. Either play rogues with 20/3 weapons with lifesteal that they can continuously draw, play against warlocks that shit out more taunts that taunt warrior ever dreamed of, healing more than a priest can, and burst more damage than a hunter can --all in the same deck, or play against a shitty version of murloc paladin. This is, by far, the worst meta. Cheating out huge minions on turn 5 with insane swings makes this game a fucking clown fiesta. There's nothing inherently smart about piloting any of the decks these days. All the shit just plays itself. There's rarely any thinking that goes into planning plays. Can you smorc your opponent down in 4 turns or can you swing a bigger turn 5 dick?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I've played a handful of games in the last month. Game is fucking stale. Either play rogues with 20/3 weapons with lifesteal that they can continuously draw, play against warlocks that shit out more taunts that taunt warrior ever dreamed of, healing more than a priest can, and burst more damage than a hunter can --all in the same deck, or play against a shitty version of murloc paladin. This is, by far, the worst meta. Cheating out huge minions on turn 5 with insane swings makes this game a fucking clown fiesta. There's nothing inherently smart about piloting any of the decks these days. All the shit just plays itself. There's rarely any thinking that goes into planning plays. Can you smorc your opponent down in 4 turns or can you swing a bigger turn 5 dick?

easy deck
easy mind
easy legend

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
New expansion announced today

I have finally hit that feeling of not caring.

Something something naga seawitch, can’t trust Ben Brode with the cards. Those guys ripped a lot of players off, big time.

Marek

Banned
So far the new cards are unimpressive.

All even or odd decks, while seemingly a trite reimaging of hughlander could make for some interesting new meta deck though, idk.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Early thoughts:

New cards are more of the same old cards. Rebuke is a cheap loatheb without a body, that can occur twice at least (because uh, echo).

Glinda Crowskin is a great combowombo starter for warlocks to go crazy with.

Hagatha - not a great card. Battlecry is like a duskbreaker with 3 damage aoe but then each minion you play will add some shaman spell to your hand. Not interested in over half of shaman’s shitty spells. This card will only be good if Team 5 rigs it for their favorite streamers (oh you think they aren’t doing that?)

Lord Godfrey - great card, 2 damage defile? Looks slick too. And it’s a character with Warcraft lore behind it. Not bad.

Marek

Banned
I have 6500 dust. Not buying any packs for this milquetoast BS

2 damage defile... How creative :oh_no:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have 6500 dust. Not buying any packs for this milquetoast BS

2 damage defile... How creative :oh_no:

You may have hit your limit and it is time to move on for you.

Hearthstone is expensive and I find myself playing it a little less now. The great cards of 2-3 years ago are no longer very good as the dev team ignored the constant complaints of power creep. I would go as far as to say that Brode and Donais embraces power creep as a business strategy.

That said, I bought the preorder and have some gold saved. I have a complete collection. My gold cards tilt small players. Opponents get tilted when they see my Khadgar because they can’t obtain him. I still need the Tespa card back.

Marek

Banned
You may have hit your limit and it is time to move on for you.

Hearthstone is expensive and I find myself playing it a little less now. The great cards of 2-3 years ago are no longer very good as the dev team ignored the constant complaints of power creep. I would go as far as to say that Brode and Donais embraces power creep as a business strategy.

That said, I bought the preorder and have some gold saved. I have a complete collection. My gold cards tilt small players. Opponents get tilted when they see my Khadgar because they can’t obtain him. I still need the Tespa card back.

I'm probably doing the pre order. I'm just crusty

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
What I do know is I hate Obsidian Statue and Reno Jackson is still a joke in any control deck.

So, what's your take on the new expansion, then? This expansion made it easier than ever to copy cards - without randomness. Priest can create copy of a minion with 1 health, there's a neutral card that adds copies of cards into decks (hello, infinite Mage), and drawing those cards you need became easier, too. Priest can recruit a Rush, Lifesteal, and Taunt minion (Statue is two of those), and Mage has a card to draw 3 for cheap. At least those cards have to be in play before they are copied, so you get clear information on what's coming. I hated the "copy the lowest minion in your hand" card. For a long time, Mage was all about not interacting with the game.

Any silver linings for you?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So, what's your take on the new expansion, then? This expansion made it easier than ever to copy cards - without randomness. Priest can create copy of a minion with 1 health, there's a neutral card that adds copies of cards into decks (hello, infinite Mage), and drawing those cards you need became easier, too. Priest can recruit a Rush, Lifesteal, and Taunt minion (Statue is two of those), and Mage has a card to draw 3 for cheap. At least those cards have to be in play before they are copied, so you get clear information on what's coming. I hated the "copy the lowest minion in your hand" card. For a long time, Mage was all about not interacting with the game.

Any silver linings for you?

Stonehill Defender has almost a 75% chance of offering you Sunkeeper Tarim now, with all the shit options removed from the standard pool.

This is great for all the Bakudin Dudes.

Marek

Banned
I haven't put any new decks together yet, but I was pretty underwhelmed by the legendaries I ended up with off my 70 packs. I think I got maybe 4 including the free one.

Im waiting to be back from vacation and see how the meta sorted out.