Hearthstone

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
jazz hands, jazz hands

but seriously, it sounds like your shaman deck is a standard midrange shaman deck, and oh by the way a mistcaller

I kind of want to mill the fuck out of it with my burgle rogue deck

Bring it on.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I love tusker totemic. Despite the randomness, he tends to drop a good totem.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
He's a solid 3 drop. Always be sure to put him in the middle so your flametongue totem gets value if it drops. I try to position shredders the same for that very reason.

Didn't have my mill-burgle deck ready. Just finished it and it'll be ready next time though.

Fun games. Druid still sucks.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Is burgle rogue what I refer to as Annoy-Rogue? Coldlight Oracle, Gang Up, Vanish, Sap...

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It's a mill deck. It's just fun to call it burgle rogue.

Also experimenting with ambush rogue, where you put 3 copies of a card in your opponent's deck and if they draw it you get a free 4/4 summoned. It has Anub'arak in it, as well as coldlights to give you card draw and make your opponent draw into your ambushes faster. It's not a mill, though, so when most players see coldlight they try and kill it immediately, and you just continue to draw, ambush, bounce, rinse, repeat. It's kind of fun.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
That guy would've hated running into me when I was rank 20 farming. Netdecks out the ass filled with golden legendaries and emote spamming.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That guy would've hated running into me when I was rank 20 farming. Netdecks out the ass filled with golden legendaries and emote spamming.

Hey, that's how I play always! ;)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The current meta is broke as fuck.

Justicar Trueheart breaks matches immediate when used in a priest or warrior deck.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ol'man Face Hunter of yore, as mentioned to F4U57, is highly effective now

Undertakers
Leper Gnomes
Spiders
Abusive sergeants
Crawlers
An iron beak owl
Knife jugglers
Loot hoarders
Eggs
Quickshots
Animal companions
Harvest Golems
An Argus Defender
Dark iron dwarves
Shredders
Baron Rivendere
Leeroy Jenkins

I made this deck after experimenting with ball of spiders and realizing that Undertaker is effective in the current meta

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That's a sexy deck.

I'm running a Raid Leader with similar success.

Unfortunately, like you said, the current meta is like a "stock exchange"; everyone is going to be bangin' the current meta deck - it's not going to change,

The only way to battle it is go current judged decks; face-hunter, midrange-hunter, zoo, aggro, aggro, AGGRo....And then adjust as per your rank; BGH, control, face, HELLFIRE!

Wes, insight please man, you've hit Legend, could you see youself doing so again?

I ask for tips yet my most lacking one is time so forget me..

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That's a sexy deck.

I'm running a Raid Leader with similar success.

Unfortunately, like you said, the current meta is like a "stock exchange"; everyone is going to be bangin' the current meta deck - it's not going to change,

The only way to battle it is go current judged decks; face-hunter, midrange-hunter, zoo, aggro, aggro, AGGRo....And then adjust as per your rank; BGH, control, face, HELLFIRE!

Wes, insight please man, you've hit Legend, could you see youself doing so again?

I ask for tips yet my most lacking one is time so forget me..

My insight - a complete newb could hit legend with a fresh deck that no one has seen yet, if they are willing to grind for 48 hours straight before their deck is adjusted to by the population.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My insight - a complete newb could hit legend with a fresh deck that no one has seen yet, if they are willing to grind for 48 hours straight before their deck is adjusted to by the population.

There are so many people listing decks that hit legend, but are complete bullshit decks from rank 20-1.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It's not hard to hit legend. It's just a grind. A terrible grind, and it's even more chaotic now because of the expansion, so you're going to get matched up with weird decks you don't know how to play around. I mean, it's hard to tell the difference between a face hunter and a lock and load hunter until around turn 4 or 5. Both don't care about the board and are looking to burn you down.

I feel Justicar is an amazing card when it goes off, but most times I've seen it, they play it on turn 6, sacrifice tempo, and find themselves playing catchup for the rest of the game, which the extra hero power doesn't offset.

I've hardly been playing since the expansion release, though. It's been hard enough just to keep up with the daily quests, which I've let overflow a few times already. There's no way I could grind to legend right now with my schedule. I'm going to struggle hitting rank 5 by the end of the season.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
There's no way I could grind to legend right now with my schedule. I'm going to struggle hitting rank 5 by the end of the season.

This is something I've regrettably come to terms with. I'm a casual player. I just don't have the time or ability to play like I'd like to. The last time I played on my PC was over a month ago. I need to send my family on vacation for a weekend without me.

EW, I'm not an asshole father, honest. ;)

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
So I keep seeing this thread bumped, and I hear a lot of good things about this. I was thinking about giving this a shot as something for my phone that I can just fuck around with for a few minutes at a time, but I have a few questions:

-Is this a game that I can play for a few minutes at a time?
-I played WoW for about 30 minutes a long time ago. Do I need to play WoW to know whats going on in this game?
-I was never a fan of Magic, mainly because I found the rules to be really confusing. Is this the same way, or is Hearthstone simplified enough that anyone can pick up and play?
-Do I have to always be online? Sometimes my commute (on public transportation, underground) makes me lose my signal...

I'm not a fan of the aesthetic of the game (or of WoW itself), but I can look past it if the game is fun.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So I keep seeing this thread bumped, and I hear a lot of good things about this. I was thinking about giving this a shot as something for my phone that I can just fuck around with for a few minutes at a time, but I have a few questions:

-Is this a game that I can play for a few minutes at a time?
-I played WoW for about 30 minutes a long time ago. Do I need to play WoW to know whats going on in this game?
-I was never a fan of Magic, mainly because I found the rules to be really confusing. Is this the same way, or is Hearthstone simplified enough that anyone can pick up and play?
-Do I have to always be online? Sometimes my commute (on public transportation, underground) makes me lose my signal...

I'm not a fan of the aesthetic of the game (or of WoW itself), but I can look past it if the game is fun.

Yes
No
Yes
No

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
You do actually have to always be online. Even if you're playing solo or adventure. The game still takes place on Blizzard's servers.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
And the game is much, much simpler than MTG. A lot of people criticize the game for this, but I think that's a good thing. It can still get complicated, but it's a sort of "complication" that even new players understand that's going on. MTG you can have 12 different things going on in the "stack" and, thankfully, none of that is in this game. The only downside is that if you plan on really getting into the game, you have 3 sets and 2 adventures to catch up on. If you don't mind playing without all the best cards, it's still fun.

If you're super-competitive, it'll start eating at you, though. I think wasabi still doesn't have a ragnaros.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
And the game is much, much simpler than MTG. A lot of people criticize the game for this, but I think that's a good thing. It can still get complicated, but it's a sort of "complication" that even new players understand that's going on. MTG you can have 12 different things going on in the "stack" and, thankfully, none of that is in this game. The only downside is that if you plan on really getting into the game, you have 3 sets and 2 adventures to catch up on. If you don't mind playing without all the best cards, it's still fun.

If you're super-competitive, it'll start eating at you, though. I think wasabi still doesn't have a ragnaros.

The fuckers who made this game are cheaper with magic dust than the old gnomes.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I've never played a TCG (digital or physical) before this and it's the sort of thing I wouldn't say i'm a fan of. Enough friends were playing that I decided to try it. Typically my gaming time is 20 mins or less - arcadey stuff, shmups or puzzlers - no time for meaty stuff (and no real interest in it either).

The tutorial made the game appear very meh - not much strategy - seemed "obvious" and felt like one of the free app games. Once you get through the tutorial and start playing real matches and unlocking cards - the game does a COMPLETE 180.

I had zero prior experience w/anything related to MMO / Battle.net / Blizzard / WoW and I haven't felt hindered at any point. I suspect some of the characters or phrases might have more "meaning" to those familiar w/the WoW universe - but by no means do you have to know anything about it - nor do you have to try and cram to get caught up on any of it. It's a stand-alone quick to pick up card game battle.

I'm playing 60-90 mins a night (which is a lot...A LOT for me). Most matches take 4-6 minutes; though occasionally you'll have one go 10-15 minutes. If you get past the first hour there will be no turning back.

Well Met!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Prepare your wallet.

Great game - addictive, fun, competitive and totally rage-inducing.

I wish I had more time to play :(

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I suspect some of the characters or phrases might have more "meaning" to those familiar w/the WoW universe - but by no means do you have to know anything about it - nor do you have to try and cram to get caught up on any of it.

You don't have to even really play the Warcraft series to know the lore. There are a lot of videos that explain the lore behind the cards/characters. There's also a series of books that are really interesting. I can take or leave the Warcraft series, but I won't deny that the story is really fucking good. Even with just a little bit of understanding, the characters make the game much more enjoyable, I feel. Especially cards that have abilities that give a nod to the actual lore behind the character (such as Wilfred Fizzlebang being a great summoner who accidentally summoned Jaraxxus, who killed him).

Here's a pretty cool video from the "Lore of the Cards" series on YouTube, this one on Mal'Ganis: