Hearthstone

Marek

Banned
This is where you need to stop yourself and ask why you want something like this.

It is necessary, if you want HS to be sustainable, to minimize expenses. The more you spend on HS the more you will regret.

You're reading into it too far.

I'm not going to craft any golden legendaries ever, but if I'm gonna draw one I want it to be one I'll actually use.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You know the answer to this. It’s bling! When you and Wes were running full gold wallets they looked fantastic! I had it once with my Mal’Ganis Zoo and wins were much more satisfying.

So yeah, golds are shallow and pointless to the game though, you’re always better off crafting a non-gold varient opposed to a gold unless you’re into measuring dicks.

you know we should make a HS guild where we can play against each other with our solid gold decks.

My solid gold OTK highlander priest with Saraad (totally unnecessary but the deck has room for the memes) is still relevant; but I miss my golden zoolock and wallet warriors.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
But let's get back on topic.

Wes, gold card collection pls

Edit : shadowverse is so weeb that I can't even fuck with it at all.

If you could actually trade or give cards away, I'd definitely hook up my forum peeps. Right now all of my excess cards go to a quarter dust value. Imagine being able to help a friend out who needs another cube for his warlock deck, and you had spare cards on hand because Blizzard laughed their asses off when you drew 9 of them in a row. As it stands now, I have close to 100 golden legendaries that I can't do anything with. I came pretty close to selling my account, but it's not like I can just sell my HS account. I have to sell all of my World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, HOTS, + the other old legacy games I've purchased if I want to unload it.

This game is so hard for new players to get into, and needs to undergo some serious changes. They could start by not letting you pull duplicate epics, as well as giving players at least half of a card's dust value when disenchanting. Or fucking let me give my friends cards I won't use or have duplicates of. They don't like to change or nerf because they want it to feel like you're playing with real cards, but won't actually implement something that people with real cards would actually do, like trade or sell them.

This business model is not sustainable. And Shadowverse is gay.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
If you could actually trade or give cards away, I'd definitely hook up my forum peeps. Right now all of my excess cards go to a quarter dust value. Imagine being able to help a friend out who needs another cube for his warlock deck, and you had spare cards on hand because Blizzard laughed their asses off when you drew 9 of them in a row. As it stands now, I have close to 100 golden legendaries that I can't do anything with. I came pretty close to selling my account, but it's not like I can just sell my HS account. I have to sell all of my World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, HOTS, + the other old legacy games I've purchased if I want to unload it.

This game is so hard for new players to get into, and needs to undergo some serious changes. They could start by not letting you pull duplicate epics, as well as giving players at least half of a card's dust value when disenchanting. Or fucking let me give my friends cards I won't use or have duplicates of. They don't like to change or nerf because they want it to feel like you're playing with real cards, but won't actually implement something that people with real cards would actually do, like trade or sell them.

This business model is not sustainable. And Shadowverse is gay.

Curious for your big guns out there, do you see it as an issue that you have to have a prepared deck in the first place? You may play as Paladin or whatever - but if your opponent is a Rogue, wouldn't you want one type of deck compared to another?

Not an issue?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Not being able to sell my HS account due to other linked games is of the clutches that has held me back. I have so much time invested in other Blizzard games that I would be selling part of my soul in doing so.

Guess I’ll just continue buying the xpacs as they’re pumped out and deal with the game’s many issues.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I am having fun with it lately. Aluneth mage to climb from rank 10 to 5. Switched gears and playing highlander priest again to grind up to 4.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice work! Kerp grinding and get that legend card back. I’d like to think I’ll persist at it one day, but I probably won’t.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Reached legend today. It was sort of easy.
Grinded to 5 with agro secret mage
Grind to 2 using highlander priest (maybe not best idea)
Grind from 2-Legend with agro Paladin

For Wes, this is similar to the deck you used to reach legend a few years ago in that it shits out minions every time the opponent clears. Haunted creepers shit out more creepers, and the more opponent works, the cheaper corridor creeper becomes.

I friended opponents along the way to avoid playing them over and over. This helped too.

Attachments

• A1CC594C-389E-4DDB-9566-4D1D1B7B616C.png
    A1CC594C-389E-4DDB-9566-4D1D1B7B616C.png
    811.7 KB · Views: 24

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Congrats dude! Glad to see you changed your mind about it. You were so close.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
For years I had Wes’s words about how long the grind took, in my head discouraging me from going for it. Glad I got past that. The climb from 5-1 was not that bad once I stopped using priest.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Grats on legend. It was a grindfest for me, but maybe either I sucked more, or I just have low tolerance. It felt really grindy to me and not fun. I stopped playing for over 2 weeks, but then I read that there's a contest for 3k packs, so like an idiot I am back. I'll probably stick to just doing quests, though. The new DBZ game takes up my time now.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Grats on legend. It was a grindfest for me, but maybe either I sucked more, or I just have low tolerance. It felt really grindy to me and not fun. I stopped playing for over 2 weeks, but then I read that there's a contest for 3k packs, so like an idiot I am back. I'll probably stick to just doing quests, though. The new DBZ game takes up my time now.

Captain Greenskin is way more popular now because of kingsbane. Tell your man.

Marek

Banned
Well I bought my 20 dollar 30 pack bundle.

I kinda wasted my legendary luck on the second ungoro pack I opened. Warrior quest and golden pyros, one other epic and a gold rare card. Pretty sweet to see all that on the screen though

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well I bought my 20 dollar 30 pack bundle.

I kinda wasted my legendary luck on the second ungoro pack I opened. Warrior quest and golden pyros, one other epic and a gold rare card. Pretty sweet to see all that on the screen though

should have taken a screen shot.

Good pack though. Pyros is seeing a lot of use with the current control mage.

Marek

Banned
should have taken a screen shot.

Good pack though. Pyros is seeing a lot of use with the current control mage.

Yeah I definitely should have screencapped it for hspulls. Quest warrior should be viable in wild still. I'm gonna craft golden stonehills

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah I definitely should have screencapped it for hspulls. Quest warrior should be viable in wild still. I'm gonna craft golden stonehills

I don't see anyone playing warrior period.

But I do see a lot of control mage in both wild and standard.

the problem with quest warrior is agro paladin and murloc paladin shred it. A hero power that hits a random enemy loses luster against a board of 1-2 mana minions.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
After 4 years of wanting, I finally crafted a golden Baron Rivendere, as a kind of warning shot to any opponent that I have a much better collection than them.

Also, this deck is a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNX1A79jNhk

Deathrattle Rogue is a lot of fun and incorporates some old cards that need to get more play

Sneeds Old Shredder
Kel’thuzad
Chromaggus
Baron Rivendere
Ragnaros

While using some lesser used newer cards like Silver Vanguard, Sonya, and Umbra.

I have only had a handful of matches with it, but suffice to say, it can hold its own.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Obsidian Statue is the worst piece of shit cancer card. I hate it and anyone who runs it.

I’m done hearing “We’re gonna be rich!” - phase that shit out.

Today I’m having a Fuck This Game moment.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You have to keep in mind that Blizzard literally patented a system to discourage players in F2P, and to psychologically push them to P2W, and pay big at that.

We are in the precipice on a new expansion, and typically Blizzard offers a way to pilfer gold from players so that they will need to spend money to keep up.

So right now, the system is in high gear. You’re probably not playing real opponents either, but blizzbots that will emote you upon winning a BS match.

Have a good day.