teenage ninja turtles with jailbars on background

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Hi guys.

I need some help on this. Got a tmnt pcb (gx963 wide version) for repair with good gameplay, right sound but jailbars on backgrounds. Here goes a video that explain better the thing:

I found the rom on k27 without signal on pins 22 to 28, so I swapped it with a 27c4096 with the right code on it, no luck.

Repaired a trace, no luck.

Some pins on the graphic chip 51962 were without signal, so I swapped it and again no luck.

Checked the rams and found pin 20 on g28 was stuck low so I thought it was about to be finished... no luck. That pin seems not connected to anything on any pcb side.

Any ideas?

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Did you verify the pulled rom to make sure it was bad? The error is definitely in the tilemap area 052109/051962 K27/H27.

Also the 27c4096 is the wrong chip for a mask rom replacement, you'll need something like AM27c400 or HN27c4000.

I have a TMNT parts board that still has the mask roms. I can pull the rom and verify or you can take the whole thing if you want.

Last edited:

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi Pasky,

What the fuck is this? Advertising? At least link to a thread that would be of some use to him.

I know personally distropia, and the link is to remember him our Spanish Arcade Asociation forum dedicated to arcade board reparation/restauration help.

Un saludo

Last edited: