SVC chaos

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
This was already mentioned, but I also heard that Japhei was in some capacity involved with the MVS release of SVC. I used to own a kit but never really got into it...wish I'd of kept it as it seems hard to come by a legit cart.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
So here's a question. How much should I expect to pay for a SVC Plus boot? Are there any differences between a standalone version and the one included in the 161-in-1 cart?

Even the 100-in-1 has SVC Plus boot, and it goes for about the same price as the single game version.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
wasn't there a rumor (that Kid Panda stirred?) about the boot(s) also having some fixes? I think balance, input and hitboxes were thrown around...

I don't know about the differences between "Plus" (red/blue?) and "Super Plus", but there seem to be some also.

HALP!

Been looking around for answers. found this on a youtube discription.

This Hack of the ever awesome SvC chaos allows you to play the boss characters as well as having easy access to the hidden characters... which is great because i love playing as zero. However i prefer the un-hacked version since some graphics have been replaced, altered, or obstructed. Also some of the sound effects are missing with the most notable being Zero... which upsets me greatly..

fluxcore

Another Striker
Yeah I noticed with my 120-in-1 that the svc boot had missing sound effects for Geese, which really sucks.

I missed out on a local auction for legit svc chaos mvc loose for about $35USD, still kicking myself on that one. The art assets in the game are worth that alone imo

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
The art assets in the game are worth that alone imo

You know, for a SNK-Playmore release, the game really does have some nice backgrounds. The only thing I didn't like was some of the sprites. The SF3 characters in particular look strange compared to the CPS-3 sprites.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
No it was. Japhei From my understanding brought those legit kits. Funnily enough he ended up being a scammer later.

This was already mentioned, but I also heard that Japhei was in some capacity involved with the MVS release of SVC. I used to own a kit but never really got into it...wish I'd of kept it as it seems hard to come by a legit cart.

Just to set the record straight, Japhei was a long time problem member of this site, years before SvC came out. He would pretty regularly scam people on the forums, advertising games as original here or on ebay and then sending boots or sometimes nothing at all. One of your basic roll the dice and maybe you'll get your stuff or maybe you won't kind of sellers. He was run off the forums long before SvC came out, and was a known scammer in this community and several others.

SvC comes out as a JAMMA board, and everyone here is pissed. For the longest time that was the only way to get the game, and bootleg SvC carts were on ebay and being sold through back doors on this site. Back then you didn't openly buy or sell bootlegs here or you would have been driven off the site. These 161 in 1 carts would have gotten you a nice trip to Unregistered Island. So, everyone is wanting SvC for MVS, but fuck there's no legit way to get it... Then, out of nowhere Japhei shows up with what appear to be legit MVS carts.

I don't mean Japhei was selling them here, I mean Japhei was the only fucking person selling the damn things anywhere. It was the cruelest form of irony. The guy many people hated the most at the time had the game most people wanted so bad... So, brokers were setup. Japhei actually started sending the carts to people here, free, to sell for him since his cred was shit and he was sitting on tons of carts. The brokers would sell the games and Japhei would give them one or two freebies out of the stash for their trouble.

The carts were checked out and wouldn't you know... They were the real deal. It took a very, very long time for the carts to be available from anywhere else, and most people here had to suck up their pride and buy an original SvC from a known bootlegger and scammer.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
Interestingly enough, I just won an auction for 36.99 plus shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18157487475...49&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&autorefresh=true

The label says SVS Chaos, though, so even though it's not a PLUS boot, I'm thinking it's a boot nonetheless. I'll compare the boards when I get it to be sure, though...
I've bought from this guy before. Generally in his listing he will say if its original. If he doesn't, it's most likely a boot. Interested in seeing what you get though.

lastcallhall

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've bought from this guy before. Generally in his listing he will say if its original. If he doesn't, it's most likely a boot. Interested in seeing what you get though.

So, it just came in the mail today. Definitely a boot - there's 4 uncovered EPROMS sitting on one board along with a couple of Altera chips. I'd test it out but I haven't taken the time to convert my MV1C into a CMVS so it's just sitting in the garage. Definitely gonna stick some electrical tape over those EPROMS though.

So, do I report this to eBay or just be happy with what I got???

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
You know, for a SNK-Playmore release, the game really does have some nice backgrounds. The only thing I didn't like was some of the sprites. The SF3 characters in particular look strange compared to the CPS-3 sprites.

The game is a huge mixed bag on backgrounds if you ask me. Some of them are pretty amazing and very well detailed with a lot of animation and color (forest, cathedral, final boss, and Hell), and some of them have neat concepts but are too monotone in color (the crystal stage, the giant rotating machine stage, and Heaven), and others look like crap scrapped from KOF '01 with piss poor perspective and awful use of color (the abandoned warehouse and railway).

Regarding the SF3 sprites, Hugo actually has the exact same sprites he has in SF3, only they've been converted and modified to SNK's shading style.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
So, do I report this to eBay or just be happy with what I got???
overpaying $1.99 isn't that bad. It sucks there might be people thinking they get the real deal for $36.99 - but the label and the last picture where you can glance at the top PCB are giveaways.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
All of SVC Chaos's backgrounds take place right after the holocaust in post Nazi Germany invaded places. The railroad is the concentration camp Bergen belsen.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
One of the major reasons I don't play SVC that often is because of the crappy music. I can overlook the bad backgrounds, but the music - gaah! When friends come over and see SVC they want to play it because it's SF, but I'm actually embarrassed to pop it in because the sound sucks so much. This is one of the main reasons I've convinced myself that I need to get a supergun... Convenient eh? And for that reason, I salute you SVC!

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
One of the major reasons I don't play SVC that often is because of the crappy music. I can overlook the bad backgrounds, but the music - gaah! When friends come over and see SVC they want to play it because it's SF, but I'm actually embarrassed to pop it in because the sound sucks so much. This is one of the main reasons I've convinced myself that I need to get a supergun... Convenient eh? And for that reason, I salute you SVC!

I agree, I can't stand the sound effects in this game even if the gameplay is alright.

Anyone that wants an svc+ boot should know that none of the bosses have any voices. At least they didn't on the copy I had. I'd rather have to put the easy code in than play as mute Geese.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I find the worst part of SVC chaos are the inputs. I feel like I have to slow my inputs down for them to register a special move.