Big Red monitor wavy at top. Pic included

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Does anyone know how to fix this? It has been this way ever since I purchased the cabinet over 10 years ago. If I move the monitor horizontal to the left it looks perfect, but then a large portion of the screen is cut off on the left side. I feel like I should be able to compress the monitor picture horizontal then move the screen to the left. But there is no knob to squish it horizontal, only vertically. Which seems even more weird. You would think there would be a knob to compress both directions.

KIMG0016.jpg

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
There is An adjustment, using a plastic tool if the monitor is on turn the width coil its on your chassis. An Allen wrench will work too but don't turn it while it's on if it's metal. Upload pics of your chassis and I'll point it out or just google it.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
awesome, thank you. I am actually selling my cabinet today but I will pass this information on to the buyer.

Also, I am very sad about this. Now I have to buy a suoergun :(

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Level 1? You lost me.

The chasis is metal. This is the very first 1 slot neo cabinet.

But yes, I am ashamed I sold it. It was not my decision...

I moved and it only fit in the living room. Which I thought was perfect. But others thought not so much. Sad day indeed for me. I'm shedding tears now as I write this. Remembering the good times....

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I'm talking about your game level being set on 1 "easy", according to your picture.
I bet a supergun from James would turn that frown upside down

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
For some reason it was set on 1 win for match too. Not sure why. I was trying to fix that and probably set it to level one on accident. Last blade is the only neo game I normally play on the hardest level and use to be able to 1cc.

James pm'd me today. So later I will be sending him the options from his list of supergun features. I'm pretty excited. But it won't be the same as a cab. I might get a dedicated television and build stand up display and arcade stick holder so at least I can stand up and play.

halfelite

n00b
There is An adjustment, using a plastic tool if the monitor is on turn the width coil its on your chassis. An Allen wrench will work too but don't turn it while it's on if it's metal. Upload pics of your chassis and I'll point it out or just google it.

I have the same exact issue mind if I post up the back of my monitor I have tried all the pots I can find on the monitor but tricky doing it myself as twist then run around to the front and look I will snap a picture tonight

Westcb

I have the same exact issue mind if I post up the back of my monitor I have tried all the pots I can find on the monitor but tricky doing it myself as twist then run around to the front and look I will snap a picture tonight

Assuming you have a k7000 too you may also need to adjust the centering, there is a wire soldered to the board on the chassis that had L M R posts I believe screened on the board. You move that post between those 3 to get the starting point adjusted. If you have it on L and it's curling like that try moving over to M or R and see if that helps as well. I have had that fix 2 monitors with the se problem where the curl only happened when adjusting vertical position. If it's just a constant screen curl at the top you can adjust that briefing the 50/60hz pot that's on the board usually a little set back from the pots on the edge of the back of the board. Small turns is key and don't break the pots as they are very fragile at this point in its life.

I'm also having some image issues, it seems to roll and curl almost likea scroll of paper. I have a new cap kit and a remot POTS board (when I make adjustments to the v hold nothing happens also briding connections with my finger cause the image to fill the screen but still curl) on the way. Does anyone know exactly what this issue is? I'm on the K7000 board. I've attached a couple links to videos below showing the issue. I would have posted a new thread for this, but do not have permissions since I'm a new member (just bought this cabinet 3 days ago) and I was unable to find this exact issue within the forum.

https://goo.gl/photos/E64qvxtZ9ZrcTzuE8

https://goo.gl/photos/1hNyNLx8Jt8AaEPd7

Westcb

I'm also having some image issues, it seems to roll and curl almost likea scroll of paper. I have a new cap kit and a remot POTS board (when I make adjustments to the v hold nothing happens also briding connections with my finger cause the image to fill the screen but still curl) on the way. Does anyone know exactly what this issue is? I'm on the K7000 board. I've attached a couple links to videos below showing the issue. I would have posted a new thread for this, but do not have permissions since I'm a new member (just bought this cabinet 3 days ago) and I was unable to find this exact issue within the forum.

https://goo.gl/photos/E64qvxtZ9ZrcTzuE8

https://goo.gl/photos/1hNyNLx8Jt8AaEPd7

On those monitors you got a 90% chance of fixing any issue by recapping. Do that then take a pic.