Idiot Ebola Nurse...

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Hate to tell you this guys but America is fucked get out while you can...image.jpg

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
If I feel the potential that I might fill my britches with hot foamy diarrhea , I'd most likely stay home instead of get on a train. If you've been treating people, or been exposed to people who have this virus then you should be responsible and self quarantine for the recommended period of time. Unfortunately, everyone is a fucking expert, goes out and does what they want before the period has ended, and this is why the government has to get involved. So there's no law yet, just wait there will be after enough people fuck it up for everyone.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
If I feel the potential that I might fill my britches with hot foamy diarrhea , I'd most likely stay home instead of get on a train. If you've been treating people, or been exposed to people who have this virus then you should be responsible and self quarantine for the recommended period of time. Unfortunately, everyone is a fucking expert, goes out and does what they want before the period has ended, and this is why the government has to get involved. So there's no law yet, just wait there will be after enough people fuck it up for everyone.

So, just to be fair... When you say "everyone... goes out and does what they want before the period has ended..." You mean, "Three people have gone out and done what they wanted before the advised quarantine ended." We're talking about two nurses, Amber Vinson and Kaci Hickox, and a doctor Craig Spencer, and only two of them actually have tested positive for the virus.

Amber Vinson is the one I really shake my head at. She was feeling sick, called the CDC and asked if she could fly to a family wedding. That's a dumb Ebola nurse. Especially with Nina Pham sitting in a hospital bed, and having tested positive, Amber Vinson starts feeling sick and asks the CDC if she should put two planes and her entire family's wedding party at risk. Fucking stupid.

Similar could be said for Craig Spencer. He returned from working with Ebola patients, started feeling a bit sick and decided to go out on the town. Fucking stupid. He even knew he had been fucking stupid and lied to police the next morning, saying he had self quarantined and hadn't gone out. It wasn't until they checked his Metro card and his credit card and saw he had been on the train the previous day, that he'd gone out for meatballs at a local restaurant, and then finished the night at the bowling alley did he finally fess up and say... OK... you got me. Craig Spencer deserves being called a fucking asshole.

But let's be fair here, Kaci Hickox has not shown any symptoms. She has been exposed to Ebola, but she is taking her temperature twice daily, she has no symptoms at the moment, and she is being responsible whether or not she is staying home. Self quarantining is fine, but it is sort of over-cautious. If Amber Vinson, after noticing her fever, had been responsible she would have admitted herself to the hospital with Nina Pham and not put anyone else at risk, as she was possibly becoming infectious.

Likewise, if Kaci Hickox stops taking her temperature before the incubation period is over, or says fuck it and goes out for dim sum after feeling ill, then she deserves all the hate you can throw at her... but at this time she's not sick, she's not infectious, and unless you want to just throw her in forced quarantine (and I'm sure some people do), there's really not much more you can do about it.

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Ok, perhaps saying "everyone" was a bit of a reach, but really my point is if you've been in contact with this type of disease, you should ideally be quarantined and cleared via a proper procedure - however long that takes. I'm sorry but you and I both know that if left to our own devices, people will attempt to rationalize/justify anything if it fits their needs. I don't have faith people are going to uphold their side of the bargain.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
You're only contagious when you show symptoms. She's not showing any symptoms.

What about when symptoms do appear? There is no timeline of when they would start, so when a person gets symptoms, where would they be?

Also about the negative test thing, have there been anyone who have has a negative test, then later had a positive one?