What's a good PC flight stick?

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Just got Tie Fighter off of GOG and the 1998 version requires one to play.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Yeah... I'm poor as fuck, so how about something that doesn't cost as much as my car?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Big tymers gotta have their flight sticks, too.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got the MadCatz TE2 Fightstick and it is fucking gangster!

Edit: fight or flight, right.

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
that Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick seems nice for that price. I reckon its worth it to spend just that little bit extra to have that much better hold on the throttle.

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
For Elite:Dangerous and Star Citizen I bought an old Saitek X45 off of ebay for about $35. It works fantastic.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
What's a good PC flight stick?
Just got Tie Fighter off of GOG and the 1998 version requires one to play.
The Logitech ones are fairly good, but for a flight simulator the better option might be a stick that's closer to the type of thing that's actually used in planes. Or you might try to find out which stick pilots actually use with their flight simulators.
If it a stick is good for flight simulators like Flight Simulator X or X-Plane, it might also be good for any other game where you need a flight stick.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'll second the Thrustmasters that Famicommander posted, I have the Hotas X and it's a pretty decent stick for the price, and is also PS3 compatible which makes it AWESOME for Afterburner Climax. The only thing is that it squeaks a bit, I've been meaning to open it up and apply some joystick lube.

Alternatively, I played through Wing Commander 2 a couple of months ago using a Xbox 360 controller and Joy2Key. The thing has enough buttons to map everything without having to use a keyboard, it was pretty rad, but naturally not as good as a good fight stick.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member