Why so little Aes for sales lately?

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
I dunno if there is a reason but I notice that there has been very little AES games for sales lately. Is there any reason or?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I dunno if there is a reason but I notice that there has been very little AES games for sales lately. Is there any reason or?

AES carts have a 15 year lifespan. Give or take. Sadly the chips are nearing their end of life and are dying :( :( Big time collectors and archivists have started creating vacuum sealed boxes to try and preserve the chips, but there's only time to tell us how effective they'll be. Sad, really. Conversely the MVS doesn't have this problem, as it seems SNK only wanted the built in time bomb for home users. It was a big fuck you, but also a blessing as it keeps prices high and quantities low over the dirty-MVS-counterparts.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I guess Aes collectors don't want to let go.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Well, the AES world is for the most part composed of Big Tymers and noobs. Since all the noobs got a marketban and the big tymers usually keep their games, there isn't much carts for sale nowadays. I'd say just do like everyone else and get yourself a proper MVS setup, this is where the real party's at.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
AES carts have a 15 year lifespan. Give or take. Sadly the chips are nearing their end of life and are dying :( :( Big time collectors and archivists have started creating vacuum sealed boxes to try and preserve the chips, but there's only time to tell us how effective they'll be. Sad, really. Conversely the MVS doesn't have this problem, as it seems SNK only wanted the built in time bomb for home users. It was a big fuck you, but also a blessing as it keeps prices high and quantities low over the dirty-MVS-counterparts.

where did you get this information from?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Nigga please, RabbitTroop is always speaking the truth.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Lol, he's pulling your chain. He speaks some truth though. Eventually anything with caps or roms is going to fail. It really does depend on how you store your games.

Last edited:

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Well, the AES world is for the most part composed of Big Tymers and noobs. Since all the noobs got a marketban and the big tymers usually keep their games, there isn't much carts for sale nowadays. I'd say just do like everyone else and get yourself a proper MVS setup, this is where the real party's at.

I loled at this. Mostly because it's true.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Plastic is water based. It decays over time naturally. If never played, a game could go a bit longer, but with regular use, the electricity-based decay will have a terminal effect on you home cart games.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

So one day, these carts will cease to exist? :(

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I shall be buried with my carts in my sarcophagus inside my pyramid. XD

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
So one day, these carts will cease to exist? :(

They will not cease to exist, but they will cease to work. I only wish it takes a whole lot of years for that day to arrive, so me and (possibly) my offspring can enjoy these great games for a long time.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
They will not cease to exist, but they will cease to work. I only wish it takes a whole lot of years for that day to arrive, so me and (possibly) my offspring can enjoy these great games for a long time.

I wouldn't worry too much. By that time someone will step up and offer a service. Similar to what Raz does for cps2 chips.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member

Pyramid grave like Nicholas Cage.

Curator_NicholasCageGrave_NOLA.jpg

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
LOL :D
seriously speaking for the worried guys, due to the average storage condition, MVS could have a shorter lifespan.
I've seen plenty of shitty cabs filled with rust, dust, bugs and so on, sometimes outdoor placed, and always handled without care... Piles of mvs without any cover exposed to dirt and moisture in filthy garage/store.
Indeed in percentage I found more MVS defective carts instead of AES (usually taken on shelves with a better environment).

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Metal slug X is known to self suicide a little bit more every time is played.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
That includes AES Slug X copies. Yes, they will die one day or another, each time to play it. Not a bad idea to get yours converted over to PROGBK1, all it needs is one EPROM.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I can no longer tell in this thread who is being funny and who is just really fucking dense.