Ryse Son Of Rome Taughts?

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Thinking of buying Ryse for pc.Looks good.Crytek know their shit.Anyone play it?

delti90

Cheng's Errand Boy
I played it on Xbone back when it came out, story-wise it was pretty bland but I had a ton of fun with the game and really enjoyed the way they handled the combat.

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I played it on Xbone back when it came out, story-wise it was pretty bland but I had a ton of fun with the game and really enjoyed the way they handled the combat.

Cheers man.Graphics are amazing.A good old hack n slash never done anyone any harm.I shall invest thanks..

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
It was decent. Agreed that the combat was probably the best part, kind of similar to the Arkham games.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

This. The game is quite short for today's standards but that's the only game I liked on the xbone before I sold everything.

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Yeah, I've moved to PC Engine gaming :keke:
Pure retro dude.:)I can honestly say Iv never played 1.Were never easy to get in ireland back in the day.Was never pushed after that.Pc kid always caught my eye.Waited for a snes conversion but that also was next to impossible to find here.

housethemous

New Challenger
I'm not sure about the PC version, but I thought the XOne version was very bland. Nothing stood out in it. I think it was the game that Microsoft tried to 'show off' the Xbox One with but it really didn't grab my attention. The combat system and graphics are both OK but nothing great, and the story was terrible.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I was pretty pleasantly surprised by the X1 version. I got it for free with my Sunset Overdrive bundle, though. It's a very competent brawler; super pretty too. The only things I took issue with were how few enemy models they had; you're basically killing the same guy hundreds of times. If you can look past that though, it's a pretty good time. I'd probably play through it a few more times if it had a 2UP arcade style mode.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
its a beautiful looking game. but a mostly forgetful experience. Very short too.

it served its purpose as a nice tech demo for the xbone as launch title. Aside from that its not really worth the purchase and still overpriced in my opinion.

the other thing that annoyed me about that game was the review embargo that was on it. Everyone knew it would be at 6's and 7's - yet they held the review back to the last possible second

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
it served its purpose as a nice tech demo for the xbone as launch title. Aside from that its not really worth the purchase and still overpriced in my opinion.

For free though! Pretty great for free.