MVS Cart Spine Artwork

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
All these labels look great, how do you create them? Where do you get the base images or you create them from scratch? Regards.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
All these labels look great, how do you create them? Where do you get the base images or you create them from scratch? Regards.

Thanks! Basically, I scour the Interwebs to try to find the highest resolution images possible. Worst case scenario, I work with a lower quality image but first enhance it the best I can using Photoshop. Almost all of the logos I clip from various artwork, ads, etc., but they can be very tedious. Case in point, the Super Sidekicks logos took ages to make clipping paths. Ugh! Cheers.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Mai_Lover: Do you mind if I mirror your labels on a little web site I have and link to this thread for credits?

Regards.

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
Well, it seems I can no longer edit my first post, so I'll continue adding labels here.

2020 Super Baseball

16241215086_b2b5f1a614_o.jpg

Baseball Stars 2

16265318241_9d2ec3506f_o.jpg

Burning Fight

16080873148_6071010d84_o.jpg

3 Count Bout

16082778938_97967645bc_o.jpg

Cyber-Lip

16374681602_16d9b5c5cb_o.jpg

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The logos look sharp but you ought to rethink the use of opacities on the art, it only highlights the low resolution scan that it originated from. Perhaps a screen colored overlay instead of a neutral opacity would be best, hell you could even make it match the color of the game genre and all. Keep the logo's intact though, that is the epicenter of the whole idea.

Kpj made similar custom labels without the art as the background. Your MVS logo is on par but the Multi Video System legend is not. You see, I was there when the MVS logo that was used for this lables was made, it was just a replica with the curved M, however after a while the MVS logo was redone to match the proper MVS logo used on the cabs and labels which I changed for all templates but never got around to doing the Multi Video System change on the labels thus what you see in your labels now.

A piece of advice and the easy way out is to grab a hold of an insert template from ST and grab the multi video system legend from it and use it in your labels, then it will look closer to legit, it maybe worth a while since you're going through all this trouble to make "new" labels. If not, at least match the legend to the logo size, should be easy enough to do.

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
The logos look sharp but you ought to rethink the use of opacities on the art, it only highlights the low resolution scan that it originated from. Perhaps a screen colored overlay instead of a neutral opacity would be best, hell you could even make it match the color of the game genre and all. Keep the logo's intact though, that is the epicenter of the whole idea.

Kpj made similar custom labels without the art as the background. Your MVS logo is on par but the Multi Video System legend is not. You see, I was there when the MVS logo that was used for this lables was made, it was just a replica with the curved M, however after a while the MVS logo was redone to match the proper MVS logo used on the cabs and labels which I changed for all templates but never got around to doing the Multi Video System change on the labels thus what you see in your labels now.

A piece of advice and the easy way out is to grab a hold of an insert template from ST and grab the multi video system legend from it and use it in your labels, then it will look closer to legit, it maybe worth a while since you're going through all this trouble to make "new" labels. If not, at least match the legend to the logo size, should be easy enough to do.

Thanks for the ideas. Though you are 100% correct with the pitfalls, I don't have the need or desire to change things at this point. Also, when actually printed out on physical paper, the labels are small enough to hide any shortcomings. The eye cannot see the minute discrepancy of the MVS logo for example. In the end, this is just an exercise that I felt I could share with the community for free. Cheers.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Here it is:

http://gapf.ninth.su/mvslabels/

mirror:

http://gapf.insomnia247.nl/mvslabels/

Sorry for the plain page, my design abilities are next to null, but I think it works :)

If somebody can help me with a design that is less plain, I can implement it and give the proper credits.

Regards.

The main interest would be the labels so I think it doesn't matter too much if there is much design, if you want to provide a nice Surfing experience you can always pick up one of the classic responsive frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
Could you please add a ZIP File as download for the whole collection? (perhaps with a readme.txt and disclaimers of the artist)?