MVS Cart Spine Artwork

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
All, I just started devoting myself to collecting MVS carts starting with a lovely "The Last Blade" cart from member wyo_vr4. I know this is a topic of controversy, but I am entertaining the idea of designing and printing my own spine labels. I won't be collecting complete kits, just loose carts, so the serials don't have any value to me. I do like to have a cart that looks half way decent, though, which is why I have started this. I have found various attempts at spine artwork throughout the forum and though they are nice in their own right, they don't look good enough for me. So I'll be making these on my own from time to time and posting them here for you if you wish to print some on your own. You can find self adhesive inkjet paper at most office supply stores that should do just fine. Let me know what you think and feel free to offer some advice and/or requests. Cheers.

The Last Blade

View attachment 19967

View attachment 19968

Metal Slug

View attachment 19969

Reminds me of the custom labels JNX has hosted on behalf of grizz. http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/grizz9567.html

grizz-label-p7.jpg

I like your detail a bit better though... consistent coloring of the top/bottom MVS & SNK logos not to mention the slightly opaque effect of the background images. Nice touch!

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
Reminds me of the custom labels JNX has hosted on behalf of grizz. I like your detail a bit better though... consistent coloring of the top/bottom MVS & SNK logos not to mention the slightly opaque effect of the background images. Nice touch!

Thanks for the compliment. Yes, the grizz labels are nice as well. Looking through them among the others here throughout the forum was the inspiration for me to start my own interpretation of labels. I wanted the logo to be front and center with the background noticeably behind. And as you pointed out, I like to maintain uniformity with the layout by using consistent colors, fonts, etc. Like I mentioned before, the hard part is to find decent original artwork to use for the backgrounds. For most games, it's not too difficult. But for some, it's pretty impossible without having the actual game as reference material. Cheers.

fluxcore

Another Striker
I have to say I really like the look of these, but to be honest I'm not quite sure how I'll actually USE them unless my labels were actually missing. They'd look good on the spine of a mvs box ripoff though. I might make some of those cardboard sleeves in another thread and put these labels on the side.

Would it be a big imposition to make samurai spirits versions of the samsho labels?

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
I have to say I really like the look of these, but to be honest I'm not quite sure how I'll actually USE them unless my labels were actually missing. They'd look good on the spine of a mvs box ripoff though. I might make some of those cardboard sleeves in another thread and put these labels on the side.

Would it be a big imposition to make samurai spirits versions of the samsho labels?

Thanks for the kind words. I suppose it is all up to you guys whether or not these are useful. I'm just doing this because it's fun and I thought I'd give something back to the community. About the Samurai, no problem. I'll post the alternative after the original once I alter them. Cheers.