Age of Ultron trailer

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Ultron himself looks pretty badass:

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
Just saw that a little bit ago. Looks like it should be a pretty fun movie to me. I enjoyed the first one, nothing groundbreaking but a really fun little popcorn flick. This one looks to be more of the same, which is fine with me.

MrRoboto19XX

Rugal's Thug
Looks good, I just hope it's not too serious. So far, the MCU has done a great job of balancing the 80-20 action/comedy ratio that seems to work pretty well for their movies.

Also pretty psyched to see the Hulkbuster armor.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Looks awesome. But I seem to remember the first one looking good in trailers, too, so I won't get my hopes up.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lol at ultron quoting pinocchio

oh wait who owns marvel again

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Avengers: Age of Ultron

Edit: thank you.

In any case, I thought the first movie was alot of fun.

I expect more of the same, which should be great.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Edit: delete or merge

So LttP and utter failure to scroll the forum.

Lucky I like you...

On topic.... looks good man... I enjoyed the first Avengers movie...

It was fun and didn't take itself too seriously... good old fashioned Hocum:p

xROTx

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Lucky I like you...

On topic.... looks good man... I enjoyed the first Avengers movie...

It was fun and didn't take itself too seriously... good old fashioned Hocum:p

xROTx

You're good people, Rot. Don't let anyone ever tell you different. :)

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Movie itself is supposed to lead into Captain America 3, which (duh) kicks off Civil War and the third phase. Trailer really hammers that home, I thought, as Tony's regret over what he's built and contributed to Avengers and superheroes in general comes across pretty clearly, thus setting him up to go in for registration.

CA3 is supposed to be Downey's last turn as Iron Man, which, storyline-wise would likely be due to him refusing to put on the armor anymore (as mentioned and leading into and through that).

Evans' contract runs out at that point, too, so it's supposed to be highly likely that Marvel turns to the Winter Soldier taking up the shield storyline, at that point, and it will be interesting to see if they focus almost entirely on newer characters (Ant Man is coming soon, the various others that play important parts in CW), or if they try more with the rebooted (basically) old guys (new Iron Man, maybe she-Thor since Helmsworth may be too expensive to bring back, don't forget that Marvel Studios is legendarily cheap).

edit: can't wait to see Vision in (hopefully) the next trailer.

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Wait, so Stark is the one who is going to create Ultron, in the Marvel Film Universe? Hmmm.

So far, the MCU has done a great job of balancing the 80-20 action/comedy ratio that seems to work pretty well for their movies.

Pretty sure that Guardians' kicked that ratio up to 50/50. I liked the movie but, sometimes (although seldom) they tried too damned hard to get the laughs.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
2D why do you continue to live? Suicide is so easy for you and would relieve you of the pain you deal with daily.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Wait, so Stark is the one who is going to create Ultron, in the Marvel Film Universe? Hmmm.
Which makes a hell of a lot more sense. You know, the guy who works with cybernetics and robotics, rather than the biologist/physicist guy who creates an A.I. out of nowhere and with no background in it. But yeah, let's complain anyway, because that's fun.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Which makes a hell of a lot more sense. You know, the guy who works with cybernetics and robotics, rather than the biologist/physicist guy who creates an A.I. out of nowhere and with no background in it. But yeah, let's complain anyway, because that's fun.

Wasn't complaining. Just wondering why they'd do that when they have an Ant-Man movie on the way. They could have had a tie in if they wanted to. Fully aware the Marvel Film Universe isn't a reflection of the comics, realized that after the X-men movies.

2D why do you continue to live? Suicide is so easy for you and would relieve you of the pain you deal with daily.

Hmmm. Why do you bother reading my posts? Aren't you supposed to be out fucking "successful women"?

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wasn't complaining. Just wondering why they'd do that when they have an Ant-Man movie on the way. They could have had a tie in if they wanted to. Fully aware the Marvel Film Universe isn't a reflection of the comics, realized that after the X-men movies.

You're a whiner. It's okay. Just letting you know.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
this plot seems weak.
isn't self aware AI kinda done to death?

lame.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
this plot seems weak.
isn't self aware AI kinda done to death?
To be fair, Ultron did it before most of the others. I think it even predates 2001: a Space Odyssey by a few months. I know they were both the same year, anyway.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
To be fair, Ultron did it before most of the others. I think it even predates 2001: a Space Odyssey by a few months. I know they were both the same year, anyway.

It does not predate Asamov
I, Robot 1950

....which has already been retold countless times in short stories, books, and film.

It'll have RDJ, so i'll go see it, but this is a filler film before Infinity gems have a bigger role.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
It'll have RDJ, so i'll go see it, but this is a filler film before Infinity gems have a bigger role.
Agreed.

It's never fun to go against the grain in this place, but I'll be honest when I say, I was left pretty underwhelmed by that trailer. However, I've no doubt they'll have a better, more complete offering nearer the time (6+ months off, after all).

Presumably, Jocasta isn't going to be in this film though? Wonder how they'll tie-in the Stark/IronMan/Ultron otherwise...?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
My favorite thing about the trailer is how creepy they made "I've Got no Stings". Pinocchio was one of my favorite Disney movies growing up as a kid so it's odd hearing it done like that. I still hate the fact that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch can't be Magneto's children in this version but I'm glad to see them. Five bucks he won't be as awesome as he was in Days of Future Past. Also, I take it they're going with Stark creates Ultron since Ant Man isn't ready yet? Keep in mind I never read the original comics but I was HARDCORE into Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Disney XD. Still fucking pissed that they canceled that just so they could make another show where the characters look more like their movie counterparts and it failed horribly.