Age of Ultron trailer

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
I thought the trailer was pretty sweet. Its definitely setting up for the civil war and CA 3. Ill still go see it Hulk buster armor fight should be damn interesting.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
can someone tell me how the hell this is 'obviously' setting up for civil war

why and how can civil war become a thing anyway when there are only like five or six known superheroes in the world anyway

the internet is stupid

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
can someone tell me how the hell this is 'obviously' setting up for civil war

why and how can civil war become a thing anyway when there are only like five or six known superheroes in the world anyway

the internet is stupid

People getting sick of Tony Stark? That would be my guess.
I haven't read comics in 20 years, so there's probably something obvious we are missing.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Of course I forgot that it seems entirely possible that Thanos will end up being the real big bad in this one, not Ultron. Marvel has teased him, what, twice now?

Would make sense to save him for a later trailer.

Supposedly the trailer that got shown behind closed doors at the various Comic Cons where everyone is dining at the Stark mansion and tries to pick up Thor's hammer is less dark.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
My favorite thing about the trailer is how creepy they made "I've Got no Stings". Pinocchio was one of my favorite Disney movies growing up as a kid so it's odd hearing it done like that. I still hate the fact that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch can't be Magneto's children in this version but I'm glad to see them. Five bucks he won't be as awesome as he was in Days of Future Past. Also, I take it they're going with Stark creates Ultron since Ant Man isn't ready yet? Keep in mind I never read the original comics but I was HARDCORE into Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Disney XD. Still fucking pissed that they canceled that just so they could make another show where the characters look more like their movie counterparts and it failed horribly.
I discovered Earths Mightiest Heroes by accident in Netflix, it was pretty rad.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Looks awesome. I've always liked Ultron and dat Hulk Buster armor!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I was HARDCORE into Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Disney XD. Still fucking pissed that they canceled that just so they could make another show where the characters look more like their movie counterparts and it failed horribly.
I was pissed about that for a while, too. But thinking about it, I realized they had adapted almost every GOOD major storyline into Earth's Mightiest Heroes already, so the series might have coasted to a stop anyway, even without a new show replacing it. Or worse, they might have tried to keep it going with no good stories left to tell and run it into the ground, Simpsons style. It's maybe better that it ended as this perfect thing that we all have good memories of.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'll post three separate posts in a row. You think I give a fuck?

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I ran an algorithm, and my computer tells me Elon Musk is going to play Stark in future movies.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Every time I see the words Elon Musk, I feel the urge to sell Tesla stock that I do not own.

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
Well suck me sideways- Thanos is coming, he's just going to be fashionably late to the party.

Wow, Phase 3 is shaping up to have some pretty interesting titles. Hope they can maintain their momentum moving forward with these.

And will the Infinity Gauntlet movies have all their heroes from across all the MCU coming in? That could either be amazing, or a total cluster fuck.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Third trailer makes it look like this will have the exact same boring climax as the first movie, just with robots replacing Loki's army. Boring-ass fight in the bombed-out city that drags on way too long. ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Third trailer makes it look like this will have the exact same boring climax as the first movie, just with robots replacing Loki's army. Boring-ass fight in the bombed-out city that drags on way too long. ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz...

This.

I want to love these films...I want to be excited about these trailers.

But I'm not.

It will be over the top, it will have insane, non-stop action sequences, it will have cardboard acting and a paper thin plot, it will have over use of CG...and in the end it will be horribly mediocre like all of the other films in the line have been.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I agree. I was excited until the fuckton of robots came out at the end, but loved the teaser of The Vision. Hopefully they won't repeat the same climax of the last movie and maybe Vision just comes in and wrecks shit.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
This.

I want to love these films...I want to be excited about these trailers.

But I'm not.

It will be over the top, it will have insane, non-stop action sequences, it will have cardboard acting and a paper thin plot, it will have over use of CG...and in the end it will be horribly mediocre like all of the other films in the line have been.

I'm sorry, but it's a movie about super heroes. I'm not entirely sure what it is you want? Shawshank Redemption? It's a silly concept movie about unbelievable scenarios. So yeah, that's the type of fair you're going to get.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm sorry, but it's a movie about super heroes. I'm not entirely sure what it is you want? Shawshank Redemption? It's a silly concept movie about unbelievable scenarios. So yeah, that's the type of fair you're going to get.

Super hero doesn't have to mean garbage.

I've read comics for years that are well written and intelligently done.

Super hero movies are shit, for the most part, because they choose to make them that way.