1st Neo Geo Pocket Color: Updated w/pics

paybacks3

n00b
Just picked up my 1st Neo Geo Pocet color , any games I must have ? Its coming with a few already

SAMURAI SHODOWN 2
PACMAN
METAL SLUG MISS
KING OF FIGHTER R-2
FATAL FURY FIRST CONTACT
PICTURE PUZZLE

Recommend getting a front light mod on it ?

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
SNK vs Capcom card clash
Dark Arms
Metal slug (there are two, so get the other of what you end up receiving)
Sonic the Hedgehog Adventures

All are cheap and readily available.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Get anything you find cheap, except maybe those Japanese slot games or whatever the hell they are. Almost all NGPC games are good.

paybacks3

n00b
Best place right about now is EBay?

SNK VS Capcom MOTM $24 is a good price?

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Best place right about now is EBay?

SNK VS Capcom MOTM $24 is a good price?

Depends. Loose games? They are cheap as all hell (for now) so scoop them while you can. That game isn't worth that much loose IMO.

Complete? That's a whole different area, much more expensive than loose especially for snapcases. Idk how much complete SNK vs Capcom complete are so I hope a better educated member (probably vectorman or metal slug they're really into NGPC here) would be better sources of info.

ahuffman

n00b
Nice Pickup, I am looking to pick one up as well to go with my new CMVS. I love the snap case games, but I may have to settle for loose myself.

paybacks3

n00b
Depends. Loose games? They are cheap as all hell (for now) so scoop them while you can. That game isn't worth that much loose IMO.

Complete? That's a whole different area, much more expensive than loose especially for snapcases. Idk how much complete SNK vs Capcom complete are so I hope a better educated member (probably vectorman or metal slug they're really into NGPC here) would be better sources of info.

Loose heard its one of the best fighters that you put some serious time into... Could really use right now stuck at jury duty lol

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Ogre Battle: Prince of Zenobia was the game that got me into the NGPC.

Only for those who can read Japanese though.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Last Blade is rising in price, but freaking awesome. It's basically a "Best Of" from 1 and 2. Totally awesome.

Kid Fenris

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium is the best fighter on the system, with The Last Blade not so far behind. Card Fighters Clash is another must-own if you have an NGPC.

Dark Arms is good if you're looking for an action game with minor RPG bits.

Ganbare Neo Poke-kun is a wonderful little oddity (and playable even if you're not up on your Japanese), but it's also expensive.

paybacks3

n00b
Thanks for the input guys. Should have that little bit of awesomeness this week. Will post pics and keep everyone updated.

Update:

Here's my little guy . So happy with the pick up. Wish every handheld came with that thumb stick. Cant want to expand the library. Next thing to do is seriously get this bad boy frontlit. Any one on the forum still doing it ?

Last edited:
Sonic the Hedgehog is fun if you're a sonic fan. It's the game I've played the most on the system. SNK vs Capcom: Match of the Millenium is the best fighting game on the system. And Metal Slug Mission 2 is worth picking up if you enjoy Metal Slug Mission 1. 2 is a vast improvement. Other than that, most of the more common titles are fun. Puzzle Bobble, Dark Arms, Puzzle Link 1 and 2 are all awesome. Some of the sports games, like Neo Turf Masters and Neo Geo Cup, just depends on what sports games you like. There's really only a hand full of NGPC titles that I wouldn't recommend either because they aren't fun or are too rare to bother with.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Pick up Shanghai Mini, I've spent a lot of time on it recently and can't recommend it enough.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Good pickup. I was a broke college student when I bought most of my games at first, then I graduated and made decent money and bought as many games as I liked.

Pick up puzzle Link 2. Awesome game and under rated.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
I wonder why no one said Faselei. Its a great game however the english version is kinda expensive.
NGPC had a lot nice games. Was or maybe still is one of the best handhelds ever made ( hardware and software wise).

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Neo Cup 98
Metal Slug 2nd Mission
Sonic
MoTM
Last Blade

Congrats on the system, thats a sweet color.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I wonder why no one said Faselei. Its a great game however the english version is kinda expensive.
NGPC had a lot nice games. Was or maybe still is one of the best handhelds ever made ( hardware and software wise).

Full agreement :)

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Magical Drop Pocket, Puzzle Link & Puzzle Link 2 are a lot of fun. I also enjoyed Gal Fighters a lot.

Basically you need to get everything (except the poker/slot games...unless you are into that).