Super Neo 29 Dead Chassis, with pictures and video.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
GMK-29FS3 installed a non shorted FN651 HOT, the original was shorted. Now a transformer near it is buzzing.. No start up, no hv. Originally it'd blow a fuse each time, it no longer blows a fuse.

Has not been recapped. Caps look all original.

See the burn marks on that area right there? I checked those resistors, getting good readings. One of those metallic film caps looks a bit cooked, think its okay though. Can't test the flyback, no blue ring set up.

DSCI3474.jpg

Here is a full picture of the power section. ANY advice appreciated.

DSCI3480.jpg

Video explanation:
http://youtu.be/p9jRypyEWaM?list=UUl2t1p1skc-BfYt4FTKAoVg

Attachments

• DSCI3474.JPG
    DSCI3474.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Seems that is the B+ I replaced...Right near it is the B+ pot. So the hot is near the flyback right?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I’m hoping to replace the dead chassis in my Super Neo soon. From people I’ve talked to who own a few of these cabs, they are destined for failure and the best thing to do is immediately replace the PSU and monitor :crying: I don’t know jack about how to test individual components on a chassis, but if you need me to take any pics of my chassis for comparison sake, let me know.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I am so incredibly frustrated at this piece of shit. I have no idea what its gonna take to figure this out. Why the hell is that transformer buzzing, what does that mean, recap?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
it sounds more like you have the flyback dying.

at least that was the issue I had on my cab back then.
replaced the flyback, and the buzzing was gone.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Maybe I could try a new flyback. If that shits out, I'm at a loss.