Who watches NOVA?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Seriously, this is pretty much the only thing I watch anymore. It blows my mind some of the stuff in this program.

I have been powering through the Brian Greene Fabric of the Cosmos episodes and they are even better than his books. If anyone else besides myself has been nerdy enough to read his books on physics.

The episode about the universe being a 3D hologram projected from a 2D source is really crazy to think about.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Every time I turn on PBS, I'm usually greeted to some documentary where I'm supposed to feel sorry for communists.

My personal favorite was an episode of Bill Moyers where he said, this was when gas was a little over $4 a gallon, "I almost want to leave my car on the side of the road because I can't afford to fill it up." LOL.

Then, there was the episode of Billy Moyers now (dude, retire already) where he had this idiot on that was trying to say Obamacare is the first step to repairations for black people.

So, yeah, sorry Jeremy. I pretty much stay far away from PBS. 99% of their programming is crap.

Jon

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
LOL, that's crazy.

I don't watch that crap Jon. I watch mainly the physics episodes with Brian Greene and Michio Kaku. And a few episodes on advances in medical care.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
LOL, that's crazy.

I don't watch that crap Jon. I watch mainly the physics episodes with Brian Greene and Michio Kaku. And a few episodes on advances in medical care.

Between their terrible programming, they have commercials for their network letting you know when the "good stuff" is going to be on. It's usually during the time when I'm driving to work or asleep. Every time I turn it on, it's either Billy Moyers Now, POV (HORRIBLE documentary show), or Antiques Roadshow...sometimes This Old House.

Jon

PS: The MST3K episode "Overdrawn at the Memory Bank" is basically my opinion of public TV in a nutshell.

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug
Not as fond of PBS's stuff as I am the documentaries I torrent from BBC, NHK, The Passionate Eye, The Fifth Estate, bSKyb, CH4, ect.

Nova and Cosmos is always fantastic though, and PBS had one on cosplay recently that looked good that I have yet to watch.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I imagine people who watch PBS are extremely boring people.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Imagine the overwhelming majority of active posters on this forum are extremely boring people.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
PBS definitely has a "liberal" bias, as does any public station (TV and Radio). I am not a liberal (or democrat) but I enjoy public media, it gives me a perspective on blue politics. Hell I even enjoy watching FOX news for all the conservative propaganda spewed (by greedy closet-racist) every second. Know your enemies.

PS: Nova is hit and miss with me. Love to see the disappointment in peoples faces in "Antique Road Show", when the dealer tells them how much their supposed "valuable" item is really worth... their greedy hearts sink like concrete shoes.

Last edited:

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
When I was a kid my mother would make us sit down once a year and watch Nova's "Miracle Of Life" program. As a adolescent this teaches you absolutely zilch about actual sex.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I still remember when PBS aired Sesame Street 4 times in a single day...during school hours.