Hatred... Eesh

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
this might be something of a naive/childish/uninformed/regressive/idiotic point of view, but i think the real point being driven at
is that if the prospective audience/player were well and truly "decent people" then why in heaven's name would they ever wish
to give a game with subject matter such as this the time of day for even the barest moment?

i mean, curiosity IS a thing, of course, but there is such a thing as a line that most "well adjusted" people tend to feel shouldn't ever be crossed
under any circumstance, and it does seem like "Entertainment" such as this rather leaves said line quite distantly in the dust...

for the Sadistic Sociopaths this game is rather clearly aimed to appeal to, i would imagine "Boring" is a descriptor
a concept such as this would most certainly be anything but. the most disturbing aspect of all this however
is of course the possibility that there actually might be enough of these sorts of "people" out there in the world
to actually make a project such as this seem a viable business venture to someone...

Sounds like the 'moral high horse' perspective. This said, the game definitely made specifically to push as many red buttons as possible, how else can you get a free advertising campaign like the one its getting right now? But, being a fan of games like Manhunt, there's reasons "well and truly decent people" may want to give a game like this a try. When I watched the trailer, my instinctive reaction was along the lines of "Why. Why would anyone make a game like this?" But I could challenge it with, if I took the "narrative" portion of the game out, I see exactly how I have fun with games like GTA, and Crackdown. The key difference here being that instead of just being something the player can choose to do or not, it's the entire premise of the game. The more I watched it the more I was reminded of the first time I played Manhunt. That game was the first time I actually felt wrong, unnerved, remorse, even shock for every kill I made. It was a specific kind of chill that no other game had ever made me feel, so the game stuck with me.

That said, I think I'll actually buy this when it comes out. If only because I know as said, when this comes out, the immediate storm it will bring will make it -very- hard to find, and it's not often at all that a game actually makes me feel un-nerved by playing it, feeling uncomfortable, or even wrong in the role the game casts me in, and when a game provides me a unique experience like that (thinking/feeling beyond either this is or isn't a fun time), it stands out to me. If it ends up just being a hollow, boring for teh lulz thing, then the joke's on me, I guess.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Not enough explosives in this game. Crappy graphics, looks like last-gen.

Controversy... well... I'm a bit surprised about the reactions this demo gets from some of you guys. You're getting old, you farts! :D

Ah well, this clearly is a marketing ploy, nothing more. The more parents hate it, the more kids will love it, just like the kids of yesteryear loved games like Thrill Kill on PSX or Commando Libya on C64. Nothing new under the sun.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
Sounds like Tasuke is still insane, to me.

i like to collect and customize Anime Dolls, i flat out fucked up the spelling and phrasing of a couple words
(thank you all for correcting me there, and never ever letting me ever forget it for a moment)
and i'm a bit of a backwards-minded prude in regards to controversial Video Game projects that attempt to see how far one can push the envelope
on what the general world public considers "Morally" Acceptable and/or Unacceptable.

clearly, without hint of question, i am in fact Bat Shit out of my Ever-Loving Pear-Headed Mind...

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
This reminds me of the game Postal... down to the isometric view. Maybe this is the spiritual successor?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Only a little bit. :)

I always wondered why there's no suicide bomber game. If dev'ers would manage to make it halal, it would sell like hot Qurans.

seems like it would be a short game.

maybe a phone app?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Only a little bit. :)

I always wondered why there's no suicide bomber game. If dev'ers would manage to make it halal, it would sell like hot Qurans.

I remember in one of the Shinobi games I always use the suicide bomber ninjutsu, because I get to continue the battle with the next life at full health.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
What a dumb game...
Creativity is long gone from video games.It's all EA ,franchises and meaningless violence .
....oh and call of duty crap.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
What a dumb game...
Creativity is long gone from video games.It's all EA ,franchises and meaningless violence .
....oh and call of duty crap.

Come on, that's defeatest. Shovel Knight sold nearly 200k within a month. Minecraft is one of the biggest games of recen times, and has made Notch serious €€€. While EA and other faceless evil organisations are ruining the games industry (fucking SimCity 2013, why did you do this to me EA?!), things are changing. Kickstarter, even though it is just a money magnet for nostalgic gamers, is a step in the right direction.

The future's bright totoro.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Come on, that's defeatest. Shovel Knight sold nearly 200k within a month. Minecraft is one of the biggest games of recen times, and has made Notch serious €€€. While EA and other faceless evil organisations are ruining the games industry (fucking SimCity 2013, why did you do this to me EA?!), things are changing. Kickstarter, even though it is just a money magnet for nostalgic gamers, is a step in the right direction.

The future's bright totoro.

Hey, even the new Sim City is somewhat of an okay game now that's it's playable offline, although they still needed to make the maps bigger.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
seems like it would be a short game.

maybe a phone app?

It's only a short game if you don't buy the 72 virgins in heaven management add-on.

Well... come to think of it, a suicide bomber game could be blown up (haha) to epic proportions. First you have to find the right explosives, then make yourself a nice and stylish suicide vest and finally increase your radicalism meter by collecting special surahs (this is the platformer part of the game) until it turns red. As long as it's glowing, you could either switch to Imam Mode and radicalize other people, thus creating radical cells which is necessary if you want to go for the high-point targets (US embassy, etc.) or go straight to Bomber Mode and try your luck with one of the single-bomber targets. :)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I think why this game versus a movie that depicts the same thing boils down to one word.
Participation.
Movies you only watch, games you are the deciding one. You could easily switch the innocents in this out with zombies and it would still be the same game. It's only feeding on your moral decision to kill defenseless humans. Hell, I don't even kill animals in RDR unless they attacked me. This game will prolly be crap anyway, Postal was.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It's only a short game if you don't buy the 72 virgins in heaven management add-on.

Well... come to think of it, a suicide bomber game could be blown up (haha) to epic proportions. First you have to find the right explosives, then make yourself a nice and stylish suicide vest and finally increase your radicalism meter by collecting special surahs (this is the platformer part of the game) until it turns red. As long as it's glowing, you could either switch to Imam Mode and radicalize other people, thus creating radical cells which is necessary if you want to go for the high-point targets (US embassy, etc.) or go straight to Bomber Mode and try your luck with one of the single-bomber targets. :)

It'd be cooler if you got to play as the guy who recruited the suicide bombers.

Score extra points for recruiting female virgins any anyone under the age of 10.

Then you'd pick targets, have your bomber sneak in, etc - try to explode as close to the target as possible.

Stealth Action-Explosion.