Help with an atx for a Naomi

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm looking for a naomi power supply a long time at a good price with no luck. So now I'm trying to convert an atx to use it.
The problem is I can't find those jst connectors and contacts anywhere (maybe I don't know what I'm looking for) some places people gave me are out of stock for a long time.
I seen around that others make some kind of adapter that just connect to the atx connector and convert it to both jst connectors, but again I cant find the pieces.
Can anyone help me with that or make an adapter of those.
ATX-Naomi.jpgATX_VLR001.jpg

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i can make you one i have the parts on hand. do you have usa shipping? or i can grab the part numbers for you?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
NaomiPowerPinout.gif

pinout i made a while ago

the 8 pin jst connector is vlp-08v
the 6 pin jst connector is vlp-06v
pins are vlf-42t-p2u

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
on my atx adpaters ive added a switch on the atx side so it can turn on and off on the sense pin
mounted directly to the atx conectornaomiatx.jpg

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
I keep looking and I found the 06v, but the 08v on two sites where out of stock and in ebay they don't exist. I think is better for someone with knowledge to make it, anyway I don't have the crimp tool for the contacts so it going to be a mess.
You can also give me the part number to keep it on archive.
Can I always leave the switch on? because I have switch on the supergun where the power cord connect.

Last edited:

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Nice info werejag. I just modified the ATX connector to one JST 8-pin plug for the Naomi, but doing a detachable adapter that doesn't require modding the PSU is much more elegant.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
thanks i try to help when i can. i dont use my atx adapter but rarely but its great to test the systems. i usually use a small slimline atx psu rated 150 watts.