Prepare for Super Castlevania IV to skyrocket....

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Gotta love emulation

If anyone wants to stick with original hardware and not break the bank on a SD2SNES, there's always the Super UFO Pro 8 which can be had for about $50. It doesn't run any co-processor games but 95% of the SNES library doesn't use co-processors anyway. SCIV, Pocky and Rocky, Demon's Crest, Wild Guns, EarthBound and countless other overpriced games don't use co-processors. The Super UFO Pro 8 can even dump save files (and ROMs) from your legit cartridges, if you have any left that is.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I miss the days when all snes and psx games were 5$ at pawn shops. That golden ps2/Gc/Xbox era. Before pawn shops caught on to ebay prices.

I was paying $1 for NES carts and $2 for SNES carts.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
If anyone wants to stick with original hardware and not break the bank on a SD2SNES, there's always the Super UFO Pro 8 which can be had for about $50. It doesn't run any co-processor games but 95% of the SNES library doesn't use co-processors anyway. SCIV, Pocky and Rocky, Demon's Crest, Wild Guns, EarthBound and countless other overpriced games don't use co-processors. The Super UFO Pro 8 can even dump save files (and ROMs) from your legit cartridges, if you have any left that is.

There are also the Super PowerPak and Super Everdrive carts. They're a bit pricier than the UFO thing, but they accept donor Mode 7 chips. In fact, you can't even buy a Super PowerPak without a Mode 7 chip anymore.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I remember paying 25 cents + tax for a loose 1943 NES cart when Funcoland was still around.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
New collectors are so dumb, this game was reprinted by Majesco...

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I've still got my copy of Super Castlevania IV (loose cart, with a dog-eared manual). I bought it off one of my friends for about eight bucks back in the day--money well spent. It's a great game, but I don't think it's worth triple digits, and I imagine it was produced in relatively large numbers.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I got my loose cart about 4 years ago for around $10. The game is amazing for sure, but as far as i know its a common game, so it shouldn't be going for such crazy prices

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I saw my copy at a game store in Chicago the day after Thanksgiving in 2012. Cost $25 and I was seriously thinking of buying it but my gf just said fuck it and bought it and dragon warrior II. Well worth $20 in my opinion.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
If you think about the original cost new + inflation, it ain't that bad :D

At least that's what I tell myself more and more these days...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I was digging through storage looking for my Gameboy Advance games and what did I find? The box/manual/everything to Super Castlevania 4, so I have a complete copy. Urge to ebay rising.

Also found a complete Megaman 4. I'm pretty sure I've never played it.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
looking at that makes me happy I was able to get a loose cart for 3 bucks a few years back, I was eventually able to get the box for 15 bucks on ebay. Hoping to find the manual cheap.