IOS 8.0.2 update ipad 2

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yep, when I first got my 4s it had iOS5 on it. A few months later the 6 upgrade came out and I installed it and it was fine. But I already knew not to go any further than that, and sure enough some of my friends installed 7 and they were PISSED. Made their phones glitchy and slow.

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Tried to update to latest iOS 8.1 but piece of shit ipad just freezes!
Any ideas guys?

Way to go Apple, piss enough people off and you'll go rotten to the core!

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Don't know what are some of you guys experiencing, but I had no issues with the latest update. I own iphone 5, no issues.... Looking forward to upgrade to iphone 6 soon since my 2 yr plan is over.

However, when I updated my samsung galaxy s4 to android kitkat 4.4.2 a few months back, I got a freezing issue on the home screen whenever I unlock the phone and I also got lots of dropped connections. Android always gave me issues while IOS has been smooth.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Don't know what are some of you guys experiencing, but I had no issues with the latest update. I own iphone 5, no issues.... Looking forward to upgrade to iphone 6 soon since my 2 yr plan is over.

However, when I updated my samsung galaxy s4 to android kitkat 4.4.2 a few months back, I got a freezing issue on the home screen whenever I unlock the phone and I also got lots of dropped connections. Android always gave me issues while IOS has been smooth.

To be fair, Samsung hacks the crap out of Android. I'd be more likely to blame them than Google for issues with that upgrade on an S4.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I don't really bother too much with these devices anymore. They upgrade them every year and the older models become obsolete way too quickly. The iPad 2 is pile of garbage and it only came out in 2011.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Bump...new update 8.1.1 supposedly improves performance on ipad2 and iphone 4S

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Bump...new update 8.1.1 supposedly improves performance on ipad2 and iphone 4S

Guy: "Hey bro…try this pill…"
Me: *Looks at pill* "Hmmm…"
Guy "Don't worry buddy…it's perfectly safe."
Other poor sap: "DON'T DO IT! I TOOK THAT PILL AND I NOW HAVE AIDS!!!"
Me: "No thanks man…I'm good"

…2 months pass…

Guy: "Hey pal, remember me? Yeah…so it turns out that pill I offered you a few months back would in fact give you aids…so that's good you didn't take it. BUT WAIT!!! Try THIS pill! New and improved bro, guaranteed not to give you aids!"
Me: *looks at pill* "Hmmm…um, yeah, no thanks…still good…"

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
Guy: "Hey bro…try this pill…"
Me: *Looks at pill* "Hmmm…"
Guy "Don't worry buddy…it's perfectly safe."
Other poor sap: "DON'T DO IT! I TOOK THAT PILL AND I NOW HAVE AIDS!!!"
Me: "No thanks man…I'm good"

…2 months pass…

Guy: "Hey pal, remember me? Yeah…so it turns out that pill I offered you a few months back would in fact give you aids…so that's good you didn't take it. BUT WAIT!!! Try THIS pill! New and improved bro, guaranteed not to give you aids!"
Me: *looks at pill* "Hmmm…um, yeah, no thanks…still good…"

A guy I work with was telling me today that the newest update fixed the majority of the problems on his 4S that had come about because of the OS upgrade. He said it's actually pretty slick now, and a lot more enjoyable to use.

Don't have an iPhone myself so I can't confirm, but it might be worth looking into if you're on an older iDevice and having problems.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
A guy I work with was telling me today that the newest update fixed the majority of the problems on his 4S that had come about because of the OS upgrade. He said it's actually pretty slick now, and a lot more enjoyable to use.

Don't have an iPhone myself so I can't confirm, but it might be worth looking into if you're on an older iDevice and having problems.

Feels better on the 5S too. 8.1.1 feels a lot faster, but I still have the occasional WiFi wackiness I never had on 7.x. Last night I had to reboot to get any connections to work. So, there are still some lingering WiFi issues, but I've only had connectivity issues a couple of times since upgrading to 8.x so it's really not that horrible of a problem. I'm guessing they're still mucking around with connectivity, overall.