IOS 8.0.2 update ipad 2

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Has anyone done this update on their iPads?

Mine is an ipad 2 and its running slower than a tortoise with no legs!

It won't remember passwords or usernames and keeps crashing.

I'm certainly no tech head so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fucking Apple :angry:

Thanks

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
My partners got the iPad 2 and after I updated it to 8.0.0 she asked me to roll it back to the last version after 24hrs!

It really does run like a dog on iPad 2. You can either wait and see what 8.1.0 brings on Monday or just roll back to 7.x.x now.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Everytime Apple releases a new iOS, there's problems(they are as bad as Microsoft). I have an ipad 4 and it's been asking me to do the update also, but I've held back(still on 7).

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
How do I drop my iPad 2 back to iOS 7? This 8 release is just shit.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
bad move.

dont upgrade the os when the next gen comes out.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Browsing the web has somehow gotten worse. Sometimes, while scrolling, the screen will randomly become blank when it comes to a stop, and then I'll have to scroll it a bit more in order to make the page come back, and then scroll back to where I was to read what I was trying to read in the first place. It's a pain in the ass. Sometimes webpages just won't load and I have to click "reload" a couple times in order for it to display. What the fuck were they thinking? Or myself, for that matter, considering I actually upgraded when I knew better

Pope Sazae

bad move.

dont upgrade the os when the next gen comes out.

This is my first ever Apple device since the computers back 20+ years ago. I'm way to used to something like Android where the OS updates work great and improve things all around. Ready for my Nexus to get the Lollipop release.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
This is why my next tablet will be an Samsung. Fucking sick of this update shit. I have an iPad 2 and refuse to upgrade it for this very reason...but I get to forever endure the fucking thing telling me I need an update all of the time. The same goes with my iPhone...

Pope Sazae

That sucks, maybe whatever update comes out tomorrow will help things some.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
That sucks, maybe whatever update comes out tomorrow will help things some.

Apple needs to make an update "light"...with the insane #s of iPad 1-2 and iPhone 4-4s floating around and still operating, I don't understand why they wouldn't. You burn someone's ass on a $500 item bricking it with an OS release, most won't go out and buy another...

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
They're a bunch of greedy motherfuckers who have no morals. In an ideal world they would guarantee their products to be useable for a certain amount of years, 6 or 7 would be nice but that shit just ain't gonna happen.

The new update had better help sort this shit out or they can go fuck themselves when it comes me buying a new tablet!

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I swear iOS updates are there solely to push you to new hardware by making your current setup slow as fuck.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
This is the method I used, but I don't think you can use this method anymore :( Read:

Update x1: Apple has now stopped signing iOS 7.1.2. You can no longer downgrade your device to this firmware.

There's still ways around this, I encountered a similar problem when I downgraded my iPhone 3G. Just dig deeper, some guy has figured this stuff out.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I swear iOS updates are there solely to push you to new hardware by making your current setup slow as fuck.

QFT.

Never has an iPS update seems like much other than a thing that makes your hardware run like shit. As a OSX/Apple TV user new iOS = updates to every fucking thing on my computer/Apple TV to accommodate that shit. I don't update everything all of the time so it just bugs the shit out of me daily. Turn on Apple TV (or if it sits idle for 5min) = "New update available", Turn on iTunes = "new update available", wake up iMac = "OSX update avaiable", wake up iPad = "new update available"...

It gets old...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
For what it's worth, I have an iPad 2 and an iPad Air for work, and I've left the older iPad alone due to a lot of complaints from other users. I'm not too surprised. It does seem like the iDevices are only good for one OS upgrade, then hit that window of being bogged down to total shit.

The iPad Air has been fine on 8.0.2, and I'll put 8.1 on it later today to see how that fairs. The speed is unchanged, the battery life improved slightly and I have far fewer crashes with apps than I did on 7.1, so for Air users, I'd say go ahead and update to at least 8.0.2.

My work iPhone 5S is on T-Mobile, and the best feature of iOS8 is the WiFi calling feature, but that's only available for T-Mobile at this time. Shit, my battery life is through the roof now. Whenever I'm home I just stick it in airplane mode with WiFi turned on and I can make calls all week, and sit in standby fine, and usually still have power left over by the weekend. It's freaking nuts how much better WiFi is than cellular data for standby time. I really hope more carriers enable that in the future. I was charging that damn work phone every other day before. To get a week+ out of it now is insane. Totally made 8 worth it.

5 and older iPhones and iPad 2 and older devices, I've heard of nothing but headaches with 8.x. Funny thing is... Stupid OS really doesn't look any different, or seem to do anything new or flashy. It has a battery summary now to show you what apps are taking the most power, and... They hid all the damn photos, but other than that I'd be hard pressed to tell an 8.x device from a 7.x device, so not sure how the hell these things were slowed down so much.

And... before anyone asks... I manage all of my company's mobile device releases on iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, Samsung and the Windows Store... So yes, I have a shit ton of devices ;) No, I wouldn't have bought all of these myself.

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Trying to download the damn update now because it can't make things worse but having to delete stuff off my iPad. Update says it is 66.8 MB but requires 1.4 GB to download.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Trying to download the damn update now because it can't make things worse but having to delete stuff off my iPad. Update says it is 66.8 MB but requires 1.4 GB to download.

That only applies if you're doing over the air. If you don't want to make space, you can update via iTunes (ugh) and it will only take the 66.8Meg.

Pope Sazae

I'm not touching iTunes and luckily I can't install it on my computer since aside from tablets the only thing I have currently is a Chromebook.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I'm not touching iTunes and luckily I can't install it on my computer since aside from tablets the only thing I have currently is a Chromebook.

Yeah, I don't have iTunes installed on anything either... Well, I guess technically I do, but I haven't even opened it since the OS was installed, so whatever. The first iOS8 update required something like 4-5GB of space, which was nuts. At least this one is a lot lower.

Pope Sazae

I honestly cannot tell if this update made anything better. It is acting exactly the same and maybe even worse while in certain apps, the worst so far have been Office 365 (which used to be great) and some Google ones, which I find slightly funny.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I honestly cannot tell if this update made anything better. It is acting exactly the same and maybe even worse while in certain apps, the worst so far have been Office 365 (which used to be great) and some Google ones, which I find slightly funny.

I did the 8.1 update a few hours ago. Right after install my iPad Air was shit. Complete shit. Mail was sluggish, everything was slow. I let it sit for about thirty minutes, figuring it might be doing some background stuff, but it was still slow. Rebooted it, and... It's perfectly fine now. Definitely a shitty first experience, but 8.1 is running smooth as can be on the Air.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
still running iOS 6 on my ipad 2... i learnt my lesson long ago...