Are cops assholes where you live also?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The good thing about having a clean slate is that I can appeal any ticket I get and the result would be in my favor, thus maintaining that clean slate.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Famicommander is my hero in this thread....especially since last night a cop tailgated me with a searchlight on my car like I was a fucking drug dealer....just waiting for an excuse to nail me on some bullshit.

Even though I was stone sober and driving the speed limit, it's especially scary since it would've been my "third strike" before totally fucking my insurance rates (the other two "infractions" were made up cash grabs as well).

Cops are fucking worthless, and when Bobak used to call me out and say "cops exist to keep us safe" all I can do is lol.

The police are just another gang, look at mexico and see how useful they were.
Cartels took over and the cops either joined them or got the fuck out of the way. That's how they keep us safe.

They are politically inverted reflections of militias;

Loons will tell you militias are needed to fight the government when they descend into tyranny....but when tyranny comes, the militias will be the first ones to fall in line and round people up in boxcars.

The naive will tell you cops are there to keep peace and order in times of chaos, but when chaos comes and law goes out the window....I can almost guarantee your biggest problem will be the police. Just look at how they conducted themselves during Katrina, shooting/robbing civies, trading bottled water and food for sexual favors etc.

They are just another gang....and in most towns they are the ONLY gang.

You probably deserve getting harassed by the cops.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Don't do it, Spoon.

The thread turned pretty weird, eh?

I don't speed, I'm not a big drinker, never crashed my car, I don't run my mouth off at strangers, etc.
So I'm not sure why I "deserve" harassment and steep fines but whatever.

Not sure what his deal is but continuing a stupid argument over a stupid topic doesn't interest me in the slightest.
We should just put eachother on ignore and be done with it.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
The thread turned pretty weird, eh?

I don't speed, I'm not a big drinker, never crashed my car, I don't run my mouth off at strangers, etc.
So I'm not sure why I "deserve" harassment and steep fines but whatever.

Not sure what his deal is but continuing a stupid argument over a stupid topic doesn't interest me in the slightest.
We should just put eachother on ignore and be done with it.

Oh lighten up already.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Oh lighten up already.

I'll try.

I'm just getting burned out on high taxes, bills, car problems, gas prices etc....

And on top of that a lot of coke and MDMA is flooding into my town, friends I had are now getting into that shit, etc....I went to a bar last night and 4 guys went into a stall together to do some lines.

So when a cop pulls me over and gives me shit for painting my car a different color and not reporting it to the ministry of transportation, I just have to wonder what the fuck they are really there for.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
I'll try.

I'm just getting burned out on high taxes, bills, car problems, gas prices etc....

And on top of that a lot of coke and MDMA is flooding into my town, friends I had are now getting into that shit, etc....I went to a bar last night and 4 guys went into a stall together to do some lines.

So when a cop pulls me over and gives me shit for painting my car a different color and not reporting it to the ministry of transportation, I just have to wonder what the fuck they are really there for.

They want to sell you into sex slavery.

Cops are good and bad everywhere. I think a lot of it has to do with who is in charge of the police force in any given town, and whether or not they instill in the police officers that they should be working with the community, not against them. I watched my hometown's police force go from a force of nice officers to the bro type officers who are anything but friendly for the most part. That happened because of the person that was installed as police chief, the entire demeanor of the force changed with this scumbag they put in charge. It starts at the top. Problem is, changing that will not happen till the guy either retires or goes somewhere else which I doubt. He's a big fish in a small pond, so he won't leave his comfort zone. Racial profiling is in full action now as anyone driving through the main road of a different skin color is liable to be stopped and/or arrested.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Cops are ok overhere. I don't have trouble with them.
Just these "punk" people who talk about constant police violence blablablalba.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Other than a bunch of tickets I got which I deserved, I don't have a problem with the "po-pos"

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I'll try.

This post is interesting to me because you've always come across as the type that would be against the drug war in totality, yet here you're implying that you want the cops to do something about drugs. Am I misunderstanding you?

All these cases of cops seizing assets without bringing any charges, unwarranted brutalizations, and god knows what else and not being held accountable makes me afraid for the future of our country. Cops Enforce and uphold the law. They should be held to a higher standard, not a lower one.

maybe it's just my perception but trust in police seems to dwindling. I'm a middle class white guy and even I'd go out my way to avoid them. How do you maintain any law and order when there is a distrust in the people enforcing the law?

otherside

n00b
I've never had any interaction with the police (other then asking for directions), I really have no opinion either way.

What I do think is kind of funny is that in the US, you are supposed to look at a police officer as some one you should respect and admire. In nearly every other nation I've traveled to (and I travel A LOT), being an officer is an embarrassment to your family. You were to dim to graduate (or even get in to) university, but you had a uncle that worked for the city, so...

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I've never had any interaction with the police (other then asking for directions), I really have no opinion either way.

What I do think is kind of funny is that in the US, you are supposed to look at a police officer as some one you should respect and admire. In nearly every other nation I've traveled to (and I travel A LOT), being an officer is an embarrassment to your family. You were to dim to graduate (or even get in to) university, but you had a uncle that worked for the city, so...
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under."
-H. L. Mencken

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Am I misunderstanding you?

Yep!

I couldn't care less about recreational drug use...even addicts can knock themselves out on the most hardcore shit they can get their mitts on. IDGAF

Buying coke and generating wealth for some scummy cartel isn't my cup of tea, but I'm not too concerned about that either....

All I'm saying is that police should have bigger fish to fry than yours truly when I'm just driving home on a saturday night.

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!

The latter part is true here too. But our police also get more than a stick and a whistle, so there is more incentive to listen :p

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Well, other first responders like firemen and paramedics get their respect and admiration no problem.