Best soccer game on the Neo?

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Or futball/football to you guys across the pond. I've been meaning to add a soccer game to my collection, but there are a few of them.

Super Sidekicks
Super Sidekicks 2
Super Sidekicks 3
Super Sidekicks Ultimate 11
Neo Geo Cup 98

Am I missing any? Which one is the best? Played them all on the multicart and I'm leaning towards Ultimate 11. Not sure why but it just looks and feels the most refined.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Soccer Brawl yo!

SSK1 is the best though.

Last edited:

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Or futball/football to you guys across the pond. I've been meaning to add a soccer game to my collection, but there are a few of them.

Super Sidekicks
Super Sidekicks 2
Super Sidekicks 3
Super Sidekicks Ultimate 11
Neo Geo Cup 98

Am I missing any? Which one is the best? Played them all on the multicart and I'm leaning towards Ultimate 11. Not sure why but it just looks and feels the most refined.

I also enjoy ultimate 11. my favorite would have to be super sidekicks 2 since it was the first one I played but it feels like a well done game with its nice visuals, solid gameplay and you gotta love it when the coach gives you the thumbs up when you make a goal. lol

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Super Sidekicks 4 (Ultimate 11) is the best soccer game on the Neo Geo.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
why are there so many football games? WHY?

Al2k

n00b
You're list is missing, Goal Goal Goal!, Tecmo World Soccer '96 and Pleasure Goal. Neither of them are very good compared to Neo Cup 98 on Ultimate 11. I prefer the graphics of Neo Cup 98 over U11 but gamplay wise are both nice.

Soccer Brawl is great although, obiously, not as realistic as the other games.

It would have been nice to have less soccer games and at least a decent ice hockey one and more basketball games.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I have yet to collect one of the soccer games on the Neo Geo but by just looking at some gameplay videos, i'm leaning more towards Neo cup 98. Why so much love for SSK?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
My vote is for Super Sidekicks 3. Far and away my favorite soccer game period!

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Why does the Neo have so many soccer games, anyway? Were they for the European market? It's not as if Americans are keen on soccer.

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
Why does the Neo have so many soccer games, anyway? Were they for the European market? It's not as if Americans are keen on soccer.

Soccer is is one of the most popular sports in Japan. It is behind baseball though.

Of course, the only real sport, プロレス, is the strongest of all.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,

Soccer is quite universal, and after '96-'97 the NG MVS became quite cheap and popular also in places like South America (if you notice since those some titles had Spanish/Portuguese Language options); when we were most focused on Model2, Model3, System11-22 and other polygon-based stuff.
What I blame is the absence of a Tennis game on Neo. And Hockey: would have been rad if they did something similar to Baseball Stars 2...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Soccer is quite universal, and after '96-'97 the NG MVS became quite cheap and popular also in places like South America (if you notice since those some titles had Spanish/Portuguese Language options); when we were most focused on Model2, Model3, System11-22 and other polygon-based stuff.
What I blame is the absence of a Tennis game on Neo. And Hockey: would have been rad if they did something similar to Baseball Stars 2...

Blades of Steel...Neo style
MY GOD.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
If NG DEV did a tennis or hockey game, I might pick it up. @ Pandarr-I'll see your Blades of Steel, and raise you a Hit the Ice!

Also, neo needs a top down F1 game. As popular as it was during the Neo's heyday, I can't believe we didn't get one.

Back OT-I'm a SSK2 guy. Pure nostalgia...it was my 1st Homecart.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Super Sidekicks the first one. Best soccer game of all time on any system. Why? 2d animation, Penalty Shots looked amazing with confetti all over the place , flying headers, bicycle kicks, nothing but classic goodness. I feel like a kid every time I play it. That 2d wannabe 3d shit on the others just doesn't do it for me.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'd love to see a simple arcadey hockey game like the NES game simply titled Ice Hockey, probably my favorite sports game haha