Saying hello and all that Jazz.

darknezz19

n00b
Hi everyone, it's me, another new guy. Figured I better get this intro up and out of the way. Been lurking around here a bit over the times. Never thought I'd collect video games again since being a kid, let alone for Neo Geo, but the itch hit so here we go.

Many years ago I bought a gutted MVS cabinet to sacrilegiously mame out. We're talking removing coin counter LEDs, drilling 2 extra holes in the control panel plexiglass for 6 buttons, custom hardware to mount a NTSC CRT, bad stuff all around. Now fast forward a few years and I'm starting to kinda regret disfiguring this big red beauty. Alright, really regretting it.

http://imgur.com/a/KCyq0#0

Recently been checking the local classifieds and saw a cabinet(Street Fighter II?) with an MVS 4 slot in it and some games. Got in touch with the guy and of course he's out in BFE. My dad was nice enough to borrow a truck so we could haul it away if I paid gas, so we mapped out the quest and off we went. It was in worse shape than I thought when we got there and was able to whittle the price down a bit. There was also some CRT issues that I didn't notice at first because it was displayed out in the sun. Anyway, we get it back home and things are starting to come together.

http://imgur.com/a/IOIQS#0

So next I'll be waiting on a new flyback and cap kit for the 25" K7193 in there because the display has jitters and also some uneven brightness to it, like the left is brighter than the right in dark scenes. No burn in though so that's nice, but who knows if the tube is still good at this point. Also noticed the flyback has a small crack across the focus pot so heck might as well do that too. All in all it could be worse but my work will be cut out to get this all done. One thing at a time I suppose.

Well that's about it, sorry if that was boring. Looking forward to the potential lashings and verbal abuse for screwing up the cabinet in the first place, but hopefully can redeem myself some day. Thanks for your ear and have a good weekend.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
Welcome!! do be mindful there there be monsters out there, and try not to let the worst of them dampen you experience here...