A City Sleeps - Harmonix Music Driven Shmup

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Hey guys,

Sorry, I have not been too active on the forums lately.

The last several months I've been working on a music driven shmup with a small dev team at Harmonix.

The game is called "A City Sleeps" and is out today on Steam for PC and Mac: http://store.steampowered.com/app/316180/

I'm the creative lead on the project; it's definitely a quirky little game with some legit difficulty. The guys at Giant Bomb called it "forgotten worlds meets rez" which is not too far off.

some bullet points for you:

MUSIC / GAMEPLAY SYNCHRONY - Level design and song authoring is done in parallel, ensuring a hand crafted and utterly unique audio-experience. Music drives player projectiles, enemy spawning, movement, and bullet patterns.

THE “IDOL” SYSTEM – Get tactical! Use Poe’s ghost familiars to possess inanimate objects of the dream world; these “Idols” will assist you against an endless enemy horde. The soundtrack builds as you leverage a range of both offensive and defensive abilities including AOE damage bursts, and healing bullets. Experiment with different ghost combinations to compliment your own personal play style.

GIVE UP THE GHOST!! – Reverie, Lucid, Nightmare; multiple difficulties for all skill levels. Need backup? Buff Poe with equip-able relics and unlockable ghosts types for a tactical advantage, or take a stab at the re-mixed “Cursed” variants for an even greater challenge! Compete against friends and the world in the global leaderboads!

Anyway, thanks for checking it out; let me know what you think. I hope to see some of you guys on the leaderboards.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Big things happening brother! Ill be giving this a DL tomorrow. Making the MassCrew proud!

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Thanks DZ, sorry I didn't follow up about the playtest session. Things got crazy.

Hope you dig it.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Looks awesome, will be checking this out for sure!

irvsmoot

Cheng's Errand Boy
What up Perly! The game came together really well, it looks awesome. I hope you get mad downloads.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Psyched you are gonna check it out grave, hope to see you on the leaderboards.