Thread: NES Multiout

JammaNationX

NES Multiout

Is the multi out from an AV famicom a direct swap with the US NES toploader?

What other systems can I harvest this connector from? It looks like Helder isn't going to make any more of the 3D printed ones.

Baseball Star Hitter

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    Is the multi out from an AV famicom a direct swap with the US NES toploader?

What other systems can I harvest this connector from? It looks like Helder isn't going to make any more of the 3D printed ones.
    Yes the back plate is a direct drop in but please don't harvest one from an AV Famicom to a use in a top loader . The AV Famicom costs a bit more then they do and are a better system IMO. I had a few people ask me to remove the back plate/connector from an AV Famicom (working ones at that) to use on a US top loader. I refused to do it on the grounds that it defiles the AV Famicom. If you just need the connector though there are tons of dead SNES PCB's out there from which the ports can be harvested from, you would just need to find a solution for the back plate and mounting the connector. AV Famicoms keep going up in price and although you can still find them on eBay there are not nearly as many of them around as there were 3-4 years ago. When people ask me to swap an AV Famicom back plate and av port into the top loader I simply recommend they use the AV Famicom with a converter if they HAVE to have an SNES style av port.

Helder should just open up that 3d printed back panel for people to freely print off. Sell the connector, open source the panel.
    Check out Todd's Nerd Cave on Youtube!

[Rot] 1:50 pm: ladyboys are HAWT!

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by Skips View Post
    Yes the back plate is a direct drop in but please don't harvest one from an AV Famicom to a use in a top loader . The AV Famicom costs a bit more then they do and are a better system IMO. I had a few people ask me to remove the back plate/connector from an AV Famicom (working ones at that) to use on a US top loader. I refused to do it on the grounds that it defiles the AV Famicom. If you just need the connector though there are tons of dead SNES PCB's out there from which the ports can be harvested from, you would just need to find a solution for the back plate and mounting the connector. AV Famicoms keep going up in price and although you can still find them on eBay there are not nearly as many of them around as there were 3-4 years ago. When people ask me to swap an AV Famicom back plate and av port into the top loader I simply recommend they use the AV Famicom with a converter if they HAVE to have an SNES style av port.
    Should I sell my Toploader and get an AV Famicom instead? Maybe I should RGB mod it then buy an AV Famicom.

Quote Originally Posted by broken View Post
    Helder should just open up that 3d printed back panel for people to freely print off. Sell the connector, open source the panel.
    I totally agree, if he doesn't plan on making any more then he should release it to the community to prevent destruction of other NES family systems for the part.

Baseball Star Hitter

Should I sell my Toploader and get an AV Famicom instead? Maybe I should RGB mod it then buy an AV Famicom.

I totally agree, if he doesn't plan on making any more then he should release it to the community to prevent destruction of other NES family systems for the part.
    That is what I personally recommend. It gives you a top loading system and SNES multiout without sacking an AV Famicom. If RGB modded you can easily sell the top loader for $300-$350 if you include a controller and power supply. I sold my last front loader for $300. An AV Famicom and kit will cost you about $200 if you shop with some patience so you will still walk away with $100 from the top loader sale.
    Last edited by Skips; 10-16-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Kula's Candy

I think he's still going to make the mounts: http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...V-Socket/page7

All About Shooters Thread Mod. If you fuck with me, I'll step on you.

Yup he sad he will still be selling them at an increased cost
    instagram: @fullextentofthejam

Bunker Buster

I think Helder only designed the PCB. Buffalowing designed the 3D printed stuff.
    ...console emulation has no soul...

330 Mega Shock!!

$33 is for just the plastic or does that include the PCB?
    It's both.
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjmill View Post
    y'know he might be right, the technology inside the DVD player or TV is notoriously unreliable. probably best to take it to your local technology inside the DVD player or TV repairman. that stuff's pretty technical.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

Should I sell my Toploader and get an AV Famicom instead?
    This is exactly what I did. I got the AV Fami, and put an av Everdrive almost permanently in the cart slot. The AV Fami is so easy to do the mod to and it looks clean and stock even you're done if you don't install a palette switch.

Then I sold my av modded nes2 to a bud for $100.
    Last edited by GohanX; 10-17-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Thread Information