East Coast Amusements (Foxboro,MA)

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I have been going to Quan for over 10 years for chassis repairs I just can't fix or don't have time to. The operator I use to work for also sent any chassis out of warranty or beyond field repair to them. WG, Nanao, Hanatrex, Sanyo, etc.

Give him a call.

http://www.eastcoastamusements.com/
508-543-9300

Made this thread as he has fixed many members monitors and I want feedback for others looking for a good monitor tech.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Quan gets a big +1 from me.

I had a recurring problem with my Astro's MS8-29 FSG and not only did he fix my collapse issue he took the squeal out of my flyback.

In total, the process took about 10 days and 90 bucks. Good communication and zero sketchiness. Props to ReplicaX for sending me there in the first place. Super glad to have made that contact.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
west coast quan or east coast quan is the real question.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Awesome to know, thanks for the post! I can sleep a little easier knowing he exists. I wonder if he does Hitachi :scratch:

Only a duel can decide.

Who can shoot the most squirrels in 5 min?

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Awesome to know, thanks for the post! I can sleep a little easier knowing he exists. I wonder if he does Hitachi :scratch:

Who can shoot the most squirrels in 5 min?

Just call him he does a lot of odd ball stuff, even fixed Toei before.

No just cause, No Squirrels.

can it be a hot and ready duel?

hnr, yep I missed that.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

Worth a look. I had an old Sharp monitor die out on me that nobody around me would touch, but they told me to go ahead and send it in.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
These guys suck.

I sent them 3 chassis... in DECEMBER. They didn't look at them until February.

I received 2 of them back a few weeks ago, DOA.

I sent them right back, asking for them to be fixed. Had to annoy them this week about them.

I'm getting charged AGAIN for a DOA chassis and was told the other was unrepairable. Keeping in mind, both of these were never fixed in the first place.

Avoid. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
These guys suck.

I sent them 3 chassis... in DECEMBER. They didn't look at them until February.

I received 2 of them back a few weeks ago, DOA.

I sent them right back, asking for them to be fixed. Had to annoy them this week about them.

I'm getting charged AGAIN for a DOA chassis and was told the other was unrepairable. Keeping in mind, both of these were never fixed in the first place.

Avoid. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Interesting, your a first of thousands. Nobody is perfect, I'll pass it along to them as well.

May I ask what 2 chassis were the issue?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Interesting, your a first of thousands. Nobody is perfect, I'll pass it along to them as well.

May I ask what 2 chassis were the issue?

Pentranic and a Toshiba. Paid for both to be repaired, both came back DOA. Immediately sent them right back.

They had them for about 3 weeks until I asked them this week. Never have they acknowledged receipt of a package, much less made any progress without me pestering them.

I fail to believe that my multiple repeated issues are isolated.

I asked for a refund on the one chassis I absolutely needed fixed, they'll "let me know."

Bullshit, it was never fixed in the first place!

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Feel your pain man, got stung by a guy here in Australia "repairing" chassis for me. Fucker ended up milking me for $500 and destroying the Toshiba tri syncs from my Windy II's in the process.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Feel your pain man, got stung by a guy here in Australia "repairing" chassis for me. Fucker ended up milking me for $500 and destroying the Toshiba tri syncs from my Windy II's in the process.

JOMAC? Because he is "supposed" to be real good.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Pentranic and a Toshiba. Paid for both to be repaired, both came back DOA. Immediately sent them right back.

They had them for about 3 weeks until I asked them this week. Never have they acknowledged receipt of a package, much less made any progress without me pestering them.

I fail to believe that my multiple repeated issues are isolated.

I asked for a refund on the one chassis I absolutely needed fixed, they'll "let me know."

Bullshit, it was never fixed in the first place!

If it is a Tosh out of a Windy it would indeed be unrepairable if it was on its last leg and still being used until it failed blowing irreplaceable parts. I'm not gonna talk about Pentranic monitors.

East Coast did move their whole operation in the last few months. To include during the 9ft of record snowfall we had. They aren't going to make every customer happy and why I made this feedback thread to begin with.

Since I can't update the OP, their new # is (508) 543-9300 and they are now located in Foxboro, MA.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I was very happy with my Nanao MS-8 chassis repair. It took a few weeks, I was able to drop it off in person, and talk to Quan. Happy they are in Foxboro, now they are a bit closer by. My repair was $90. Had this done about a year ago, monitor is still looking good.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
I have sent 3 Nanao MS8 chassis, Quan repaired all of them, including a compression problem on the underside of the screen in an MS8-26SU which arcadecup could not fix, although, it still has the weird green dots on the screen, and the degaussing coil doesn't seem to work anymore , probably an easy fix which I can do for myself when I have the time, all in all the repair job including shipping ended up costing me me $400, +$350 in custom taxes since they didn't follow my instructions when they send the chassis back, anyways, I'm happy because I don't have other choice since nobody works on these things here in Uruguay.

This thing looks stunning in person, I think is the best RGB image I have ever seen:

Nanao MS8-25FA

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

Who was this?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
If it is a Tosh out of a Windy it would indeed be unrepairable if it was on its last leg and still being used until it failed blowing irreplaceable parts.

Is there a drop drop in, tri-sync chassis that will work on a Windy II with a Tosh tube?