Playtation TV came out today

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Is it because you're so busy dating seriously smart and successful women in New York City?

ha!

I can't make that stuff up.

Hey man, you're back in Michigan. Flint?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
At some point maybe.......

It's barely compatible with anything.

If some genius discovers to get the roms and a million movie formats working on it, I'll be in line to buy one. Otherwise 100 bucks towards a PS4 seems like a better investment, even if it's only 1/4 of the price.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I just don't understand how so many Vita games are not compatible with this thing. I did hear it streams some PS4 games decently. I'm gonna pass on this device for now.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I just don't understand how so many Vita games are not compatible with this thing. I did hear it streams some PS4 games decently. I'm gonna pass on this device for now.

Pretty simple actually:

1) Anything with touch controls inherently doesn't work

2) A lot of the devs who developed the titles are no longer working on the games (hence no patches to make them compatible)

3) Since the Vita didn't set the world on fire, developers have little incentive to throw resources at the PStv

That being said, I bought one and will enjoy what does work on it. (JRPGs and indie games mostly)

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I'll get it eventually when it's being clearanced out for $50 or $60. As someone who never plays portable games (having no commute, giant hands and a tendency towards headaches when squinting at tiny screens), I welcome the opportunity to play the majority of the Vita and PSP's library on my big-screen with a real controller. Plus I already have dozens of free PS+ games.

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
The "Second PS4" streaming functionality does me no favors, as I don't have a PS4.

Being able to use my PS3 on another TV, on the other hand, would. I wonder if this is something firmware can enable.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
I was in the store yesterday picking up some pre-orders and I held one in my hands but I didn't pick it up. I want the bundle that includes the Dual Shock controller and game. :)

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I love my Vita TV (JPN) and have plenty of games to play
Just want to play vita game on big screen and that's about it

noCLip

Camel Slug
so besides streaming vita games to a tv, what else does it do? i havent looked into it but saw that it came out. I have a ps4 but hardly play it, play the vita even less

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I assume this will play PSP (Vita compatible) game downloads as well?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I assume this will play PSP (Vita compatible) game downloads as well?

Yes and compatible PS Minis and PS1 Classics.

I was playing Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max for PSP on it earlier...works just fine.

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
This for me.

Same.

I like the idea of playing my Vita games on the big screen, but I honestly haven't looked much into the compatibility lists to see which titles I own that would work with it. If it ends up working with the majority of the games I own, then I'll probably get it at some point down the road.

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
Here's the compatibility list if anyone cares:

https://support.us.playstation.com/...d/5376/~/games-compatible-with-playstation-tv

I'm surprised to see Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is on the list..............

Thanks for that.

Looks like it works with a little more than half the games I own. Not bad, but not making me want to rush out and buy it right away either. I think I'll hold off for a while and wait for a price drop or increased compatibility down the road.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I got one mainly to play PSP games on a TV, with a controller, in full screen, but being able to play a couple Vita games on it too is kinda nice.

It's a fun little toy, but you'll be basically paying $200 for it if you want a 64gb memory card.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I got one mainly to play PSP games on a TV, with a controller, in full screen, but being able to play a couple Vita games on it too is kinda nice.

It's a fun little toy, but you'll be basically paying $200 for it if you want a 64gb memory card.

So all PSP games work on it? I mean, can I play ghost and goblins, Castlevania, and other PSP games I missed?

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Do you know if it supports arcade sticks? I'd love to be able to play SFA3 Max with a stick.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Maybe after they release it with a controller that is compatible with the touchscreen games.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Hey man, you're back in Michigan. Flint?

I live in shitty southeast Michigan just south of Ann Arbor.

So all PSP games work on it? I mean, can I play ghost and goblins, Castlevania, and other PSP games I missed?

You can play the PSP games that are available in the Vita's PSN store. I left my PSTV on for 30 hours strait downloading a shitton of PSP games. Ghouls N Ghosts is available from the store. Castlevania is not, but you might be able to work around it by accessing it from your download history and sneaking it on that way. I'll try doing that this weekend probably.

Do you know if it supports arcade sticks? I'd love to be able to play SFA3 Max with a stick.

I don't have a stick so I can't test it, but you sync controllers up to it just like a PS3, so it might work.