Metal Slug 2 & 3 AES

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Last week I bought these two high dollar carts. Opened them for photos. I have a deal with the seller to send them back if they are conversions.
Please adviseMetal Slug 2 Watermark.jpgMetal Slug 2 Watermark1.jpgMetal Slug 2 Watermark2.jpgMetal Slug 2 Watermark3.jpgMetal Slug 3 Watermark.jpgMetal Slug 3 Watermark1.jpgMetal Slug 3 Watermark2.jpgMetal Slug 3 Watermark3.jpgMetal Slug 3 Watermark4.jpgMetal Slug 3 Watermark5.jpg

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Yeah both games look legit to me as well.

For Slug 3 specifically, the presence of a PROGLBA board cements the game as legit. This is because PROGLBA has a different NEO-SMA decryption chip for each game that uses the PROGLBA board, thus is impossible to convert with.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Wow, I bet you opened those carefully! :D

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Wow, I bet you opened those carefully! :D
Yes I was quite careful. Those labels are still like new and no markings made on the plastic :D
I used no screwdriver but just a plastic tool.

Last edited:

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Does anybody know what kind of glue is that yellow glue put from SNK to seal the game? I would like to put some to hold the carts a little better.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
What do you mean? The cartridge boards are supposed to rattle loose inside. It's like that on every AES cartridge. The yellow glue is just there in the two center support posts to keep the cartridge from popping open once in a blue moon, shit happens you know. Sometimes there's too much glue and the cartridge is therefore impossible to open.

So please don't add more glue, it's not a good idea.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
You should check the inserts and manuals as well...!

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
You should check the inserts and manuals as well...!
Thats the easy part. They really are original. Checked many times before opening the carts just to avoid opening. Every Metal Slug 2 manual is cut differently up and down with each other. Mine has more artwork from the down side of the first cover than any other copy found on the internet. On the up side was sorter than others. Bootleggers can't add artwork from up and down because they don't have the original artwork to work. Their copies have shorter borders up and down as they copy the original and then have to cut the cover page. Metal Slug 3 is the first run edition with the yellow sticker on the cart and the extra awesome artwork in the manual's last page

Although even if artwork is original, every expensive cart must be opened and get exposed in this forum. The experts here can recognize every detail on the PCBs, how it supposes to be. Then and only then you can sleep in peace! I am really happy they are original and worth every penny.

Last edited:

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I do have also the 5th Slug but they don't copy that. The guy that sold it to me from here the forum, bought it new. It seems to be 100% original