NeoBiosMasta BOOTLEGGED by Andre de Souza ( Ranthos ) of Brazil and queen_cos_shop

lufeig

n00b
Just FYI

That Andre guy from Maua, he is a car maintenance technician, he does not make a living from electronics, arcade or domestic games related stuff.

At least, not anymore.

He works in a car mechanic workshop.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
VLADEGAMES still sells neobiosmasta at mercadolivre (Brazilian version of eBay), claiming it's the original device, not a bootleg.

Could you confirm if now he is selling your genuine product?

By the way, he also sells unibios eproms claiming they're genuine too.

I also found tha the guy from Mauá in Brazil still sells his bootlegged neobiosmasta.

I do not supply anyone with any of my projects. If it's being sold online somewhere in mass quantities, they weren't made by me.

This is the exact reason I made an open version. I got tired of getting pissed off that people were stealing my stuff and slapping their name on it.

I'm not thrilled that someone has been selling the Open version on eBay, but I'm not going to get worked up over it.

Last edited:

lufeig

n00b
I do not supply anyone with any of my projects. If it's being sold online somewhere in mass quantities, they weren't made by me.

This is the exact reason I made an open version. I got tired of getting pissed off that people were stealing my stuff and slapping their name on it.

I'm not thrilled that someone has been selling the Open version on eBay, but I'm not going to get worked up over it.

I questioned VLADEGAMES about the authenticity of the product he was selling.

He said he bought 12 units from you, he sold some, installed some, and now he has 4 available. For me, it seemed he was lying because he has 8 items sold. He had to have installed 0 units to have 4 available.

Anyway, he keeps affirming those boards are legit and sells each for approx USD 70.

Just for reference, official minimum monthly wage in Brazil is approx USD 250. But many, many people don't make that in a month.

Anyway, congratulations for your impressive work and contributions to this community. It's a mark on the CMVS history.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
He's lying. I have never shipped that many to Brazil. Also, the photo of it being installed has the wrong silkscreen and looks blueish. He just threw "NeoBiosMasta" on there to make it look somewhat legit. I haven't sold the non-smd version in several years. I just feel sorry for the people he's ripping off. For $70 you could have several shipped from me to Brazil.

lufeig

n00b
He's lying. I have never shipped that many to Brazil. Also, the photo of it being installed has the wrong silkscreen and looks blueish. He just threw "NeoBiosMasta" on there to make it look somewhat legit. I haven't sold the non-smd version in several years. I just feel sorry for the people he's ripping off. For $70 you could have several shipped from me to Brazil.

I totally condemn his way of doing business.

I totally agree with you.

But just for your information, the neobiosmasta you sell for USD 16, can actually cost to us USD 55.41.

16.00 neobiosmasta
14.00 shipping
18.00 import tax (60% of product+shipping)
1.91 credit card tax (6.38% of payment)
1.50 credit card average conversion rate fee (5% of exchange rate)
4.00 post office international parcel fee (flat rate)

Buying directly overseas First Class International, on average it takes from 30 ~ 90 days. Sometimes even more. With no tracking number.

That's why some people prefer to pay USD 15 more to have it in a couple of days, believing it's legit.

Last edited: