NeoBiosMasta BOOTLEGGED by Andre de Souza ( Ranthos ) of Brazil and queen_cos_shop

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
He already pulled the auctions and told me he would no longer be selling/creating my NBM. I won't go into detail on what he said to me other than he promised to stop.

Good, glad to hear that.

It's just very discouraging when something like this happens.

No doubt, but please balance that discouragement with all of the folks who love, benefit, and enjoy what you do. Your work is legendary and the biters have taken notice and are trying to take their small share.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
He already pulled the auctions and told me he would no longer be selling/creating my NBM. I won't go into detail on what he said to me other than he promised to stop.

Maybe I'm over reacting. I don't know anymore. It's just very discouraging when something like this happens.

It really is not over reacting. There is creating a similar product (but still designing/improving it yourself) and just blatantly copying a design. This dude did the later and that is not OK.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Sad to see this happening. Especially one perpetrated by someone who bought it here on the forums.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Damn, this is what were you talking about yesterday night on chat.
Good luck guys, hope you can stop these 2 thieves :/

Edit:
Oh, seems one stopped... hope it is permanent.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
damn that brazilian asshole. You're definitely not overreacting NTM.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

Maybe I'm over reacting. I don't know anymore. It's just very discouraging when something like this happens.

You aren't over reacting at all. For someone that bought your product and literally took it to a pcb maker and had the name on the silkscreen changed is a total pos looking for a cash grab. It's not even reverse engineering it. More insult to injury is also using Raz's work as well and tossing some electrical tape over the EPROM window.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Wow, wtf..... People can be such assholes.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I already emailed him, but no response. Looks like the conversion is around $55 USD for these. So he rips me off and sells them for $30 more.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
My god this guy is still a super piece of shit. Maybe take it up a notch and sue his ass.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
NTM. Was there anything novel with your design? Did you file for any protection before producing these? (i.e., file a patent application?)

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
yea, that guy is quite rude also if I remember right.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
If he won't be reasonable, would it be workable to try having his listing taken down from Mercado Livre? The page does at least have an 'ask the seller' space towards the bottom, it might be worth asking there why he's stealing your work at a premium to add insult to injury. I wonder whether any of his prospective buyers would care to know this.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
What the fuck is Brazil's problem? The people there bootleg EVERYTHING. Hori Hayabusa restrictor gates, B13 arcade sticks.. Even aggressive rollerblades.

That place sucks.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Hopefully with the advent of the solderless vmc module, this will come to an end.

lufeig

n00b
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-719489073-neo-geo-mvs-adaptador-placas-1b-1c-unibios-_JM

Another bootlegger. Took an old image from my site. I have only sold a handful of anything to Brazil, and this guy has sold multiple of these. He is also selling the Universe Bios too.

For google:

VLADEGAMES SOROCABA of Brazil is a theif who steals other people's work.

VLADEGAMES still sells neobiosmasta at mercadolivre (Brazilian version of eBay), claiming it's the original device, not a bootleg.

Could you confirm if now he is selling your genuine product?

By the way, he also sells unibios eproms claiming they're genuine too.

I also found tha the guy from Mauá in Brazil still sells his bootlegged neobiosmasta.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
There’s also a dude selling the open hardware version on eBay, ID is iirc neo-jamma and he also sells other people’s open hardware stuff.