"Ghostbusters 3" confirmed, to star all-female cast of "funny women"

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
My god... I cant believe they are going to ruin Ghost Busters for us. Harold is rolling in his grave.
That should be the actual plot. A random bunch of women attempt to revive the Ghostbusters franchise, but the ghost of Egon rises to prevent them from trashing his legacy.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hey, who remembers the cartoon with the ape?

Only good thing Wiig was EVER a part of was Walk Hard. That's it. Nothing more. McCarthy is hilarious, but this movie will suck ass, assuming it ever gets off the ground.

I liked Imogene/Girl Most Likely

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Yeah, I'll pass if this continues its course.

This idea needs to find an abortion clinic.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Taiso nailed it, the recent game was Ghostbusters 3 in every way.

dondi

Crazed MVS Addict
o_O unbelievable, please not! Without Harold Ramis, it's not a REAL Ghostbusters flick -.-

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
bridesmaids in ghostbusters setting? No thanks

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
How does Kristen Wiig keep finding work?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Only good thing Wiig was EVER a part of was Walk Hard. That's it. Nothing more. McCarthy is hilarious, but this movie will suck ass, assuming it ever gets off the ground.

I disagree about both Wiig and McCarthy (haven't found her funny in anything I've seen).

Have you seen Adventureland or Paul? Both fantastic movies Kristen Wiig is in. She also had small but funny roles in Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Knocked Up. She provided voice work for How to Train Your Dragon, Despicable Me, and their sequels. Extract and MacGruber are guilty pleasures of mine, too. And she guest stars in great TV shows: Drew Carey Show, 30 Rock, Flight of the Conchords, Bored to Death, and Arrested Development.

It's strange. I like pretty much everything Kristen Wiig's been in, besides Bridesmaids.

All of that said, I have very low expectations for this all-female Ghostbusters.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Yeah, let's give Kristen Wiig credit. Adventureland was terrible with no help required from her.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I have a pretty low tolerance for mediocrity these days, so someone explain the comedy of Kristen Wiig for me?

I've seen a few brief glimpses of her here and there....is she basically Jim Gaffigan* with a cunt?

*Jim Gaffigan is so unfunny that I'm making him an honorary female comic.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I have a pretty low tolerance for mediocrity these days, so someone explain the comedy of Kristen Wiig for me?

I've seen a few brief glimpses of her here and there....is she basically Jim Gaffigan* with a cunt?

*Jim Gaffigan is so unfunny that I'm making him an honorary female comic.

She's very hit or miss comically. In fact, she's probably unfunny most of the time.

I just think she chooses good movies/TV shows to be a part of. Her performances don't make them good. She just somehow chooses quality projects. I won't defend her comedy at all.

And I disagree wholeheartedly about Adventureland, Phyeir. Even though Kristen Stewart sucked in it, she couldn't bring the film down.

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
My frame of reference for Wiig is SNL, Walk Hard, and little to nothing else that I recall. I sure as shit never sought out any project she was a part of. I don't consider myself a hater of female comedians (grew up watching the Carol Burnett Show), but I'm VERY often unimpressed. McCarthy has a delivery that so far has me laughing, but I've only seen her in a couple of movies and SNL (with their shitbag cast), so I'm blissfully non-oversaturated by her work.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
The new Ghostbusters -

Hs7c6i9.png

UTNW0RH.jpg

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Oh no, yet another reheating of a great series just because they can.

Funny women my ass.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Okay fat chick, black chick...is one of them a lesbian? We need to get all SJW bases covered here.