"Ghostbusters 3" confirmed, to star all-female cast of "funny women"

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
http://www.eonline.com/news/586673/ghostbusters-3-confirmed-director-says-movie-will-star-hilarious-women-get-the-scoop?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_topstories

Could it be? Is it possibly, really, actually happening?!

Bridesmaids director Paul Feig took to Twitter today to confirm that a new Ghostbusters movie is underway!

He wrote, "It's official. I'm making a new Ghostbusters & writing it with@katiedippold & yes, it will star hilarious women. That's who I'm gonna call."

The highly anticipated third installment in the franchise hasn't begun production quite yet, but Dippold—who wrote Feig's The Heat—is now the latest to be attached to the project.

The announcement comes just weeks after Bill Murray revealed who he would like to see star in the third flick to the Toronto Star.

"Melissa [McCarthy] would be a spectacular Ghostbuster," he gushed of his co-star in St. Vincent, which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival in September.

"And Kristen Wiig is so funny—God, she's funny! I like this girl Linda Cardellini a lot," he continued. "And Emma Stone is funny. There are some funny girls out there."

Murray also joked that an all-female team of ghostbusters "would probably have better outfits" than the original fit films.

During the same interview, McCarthy responded to Murray's high praise by saying, "Oh my God, that's daunting. That's taking on a legend, a legendary movie. But I would do anything with those ladies, anything at all."

Sounds like she's game, right?!

E! News caught up with Feig at the opening of the Hollywood Costume Exhibit last week in Los Angeles where he told us, "The fun thing about it is there are so many different directions it can go and honestly there are so many funny women in Hollywood…it's very exciting to me."

The original movies were directed by Ivan Reitman and written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis.

Aykroyd and Ramis also starred in both, alongside Murray, as the unstoppable (and lovable) team of butt-kicking ghostbusters.

Reitman, according to The Hollywood Reporter, has been signed on to produce Ghostbusters 3.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I don't know how to feel about a Ghostbusters without Harold Ramis.

Hope it doesn't suck.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
eff this.

If Ms. Wiig is anywhere near this I will seriously do all in my power to prevent people from seeing this movie.

She was an extremely overrated SNL cast member, and anything she guest stars on is instantly turned to garbage for me.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
"Ghostbusters 3" confirmed, to star all-female cast of "funny women"

"Ghostbusters 3" delayed, reportedly due to "casting issues"

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Awesome PC way of ruining one of my favorite franchises.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
What is this, the 110th time that Ghostbusters 3 has been confirmed? Let's face it, the franchise died with Harold.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Que the casting for a...

Smart latina, a heavy murican, a sexy kunoichi, and a sassy sistuh.

Cut, wrap, print. 100 million box office, sequel script greenlit.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Awesome PC way of ruining one of my favorite franchises.

I take it you haven't heard of Extreme Ghostbusters? They had the whole PC gambit of characters. A wisecracking Latino, a black leader a handi-capable white jock in a wheelchair and an Asian girl. (Or she could have just been a goth girl, it was hard to tell because the way they drew her.)

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Only good thing Wiig was EVER a part of was Walk Hard. That's it. Nothing more. McCarthy is hilarious, but this movie will suck ass, assuming it ever gets off the ground.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I take it you haven't heard of Extreme Ghostbusters? They had the whole PC gambit of characters. A wisecracking Latino, a black leader a handi-capable white jock in a wheelchair and an Asian girl. (Or she could have just been a goth girl, it was hard to tell because the way they drew her.)

I'm very happy I have not heard of that

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
"Bridesmaids Director Paul FAG"

Also: professionally funny women are just a figment of my imagination.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
My projected casting:

Kristen Wiig
Melissa Mccarthy
Maya Rudolph
Sigourney Weaver
Wanda Sykes

They should also find a way to work Kevin Hart in there.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Ramis is dead, Moranis quit acting and Murray has said for 20 years that he won't do another one. The original Ghostbusters franchise is dead and buried. This will probably be garbage and no Ghostbusters would likely be preferable to whatever we end up with but I'm willing to give this a shot if they get legitimately funny people and not just the same 4 Saturday Night Live retreads that are in every bad female-centric comedy.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
There are no funny women. Women aren't funny, just annoying.
I hope Muarry is just "taking the piss" with those comments.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
My god... I cant believe they are going to ruin Ghost Busters for us. Harold is rolling in his grave.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
There are no funny women. Women aren't funny, just annoying.
I hope Muarry is just "taking the piss" with those comments.

I really think he was. His sarcasm probably just went right over the interviewer's head.