Play Expo UK

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
http://www.playexpo.net

Hi people, I'll be there. And I'm taking my 17 year old son....... I think he's in for a shock at how popular all this retro stuff is.

His first console was a PS1, can't wait for him to wait for an absolute age to load a cassette on a C64, Spectrum or Amstrad! :lolz::lolz::lolz::lolz:

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Well we've been and I can honestly say it was quite good (ish). It was very busy.
There should have been more traders though, they didn't seem to be as many as previous years. Too much space was dedicated to card playing too..... Didn't think it was that popular!
Oh well, hope next years is better.

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Shit, I nearly forgot! (Old age kickin in)
My best part was going over to the llamasoft stand, which was very busy, and got a free lion bar off the one and only Jeff Minter :buttrock::buttrock:.
Very nice man indeed :)

s. k. technique

Kuroko's Training Dummy
15 Year Member
Did you buy anything? I had some interest in this but was wondering what the mix was like between retro and new stuff?

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Yeah man, I bought 3 things, a brand new ps2 for £30, a copy of Gradius V, and a streetfighter II mug!
TBH, like I said before, there wasn't enough sellers. I wanted a couple of things for my Amiga but there was hardly any sellers. Plenty of pinball machines, arcade machines and lots of old consoles. Last time I went it had quite a few candys but couldn't see any this time :scratch:.

As for new stuff, lots of ps4 with stuff there. Didn't notice any wii u or xbone at all. Even if they weren't overly bothered about it, I think it would have made good business sense to have even a small presence there.