Here is a new MMA thread

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
He is crossing the line into Bisping territory (where you are constantly lashing out without provocation like an insecure faggot).

At this rate I think he's gonna get his ass knocked around by the top 5ers (just like Bisping) and just be some cocky cunt that will get everyone howling whenever he gets dropped or wrestlefucked.

Chael would shit talk but he'd be kinda funny about it, Anthony Pettis is flashy and has charisma but he's also a class act.
Conor on the other hand just comes off as some overhyped dickwad getting set up for huge fall that his ego may not recover from.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope Siver fucks up Dana Whites plans tomorrow night....then I hope he asks for a rematch in Ireland and beats him again.

And I hope for this theoretical fight Siver comes out to Dropkick Murphys dressed as a leprechaun, with a bag of autographed potatoes that he throws into the crowd while riverdancing his way to the octagon.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Conor is pretty legit, best I can see. Yes, he's absolutely overhyped and forced on the audience, because DFW and the Fertitas claim that he's the biggest draw in the company- not just at the lighter weights, or whatever, in the entire company. Lorenzo was making claims a while back that Conor draws more PPV buys and TV ratings than Lesnar did (um, no, but whatever).

He'll be a very small underdog against Aldo, I would guess closer line than anyone's had against him before. I would guess the line will be -140 or -150 on McGregor, which would be super close for an Aldo fight.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Aldo wins, and I also agree that CM isn't very likable, but he knows how to sell, and I would probably consider him a better fighter than Bisping or Chael.

An another hand, how about Cowboy? Bad decision aside, dude has to be right there for a title shot, finally. Granted, apparently Khabib is still getting the shot even with his injury, and RDA is at #2 after that, but I would think Cerrone has earned a shot now. Might see the UFC ask him and RDA to fight each other for a true no. 1 contender spot...? I know at least RDA says he deserves his shot now. Oh well, I bet that fight gets made, better to take the fight than wait on a title shot that may be years away, knowing Pettis' health.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Conor is pretty legit, best I can see. Yes, he's absolutely overhyped and forced on the audience, because DFW and the Fertitas claim that he's the biggest draw in the company- not just at the lighter weights, or whatever, in the entire company. Lorenzo was making claims a while back that Conor draws more PPV buys and TV ratings than Lesnar did (um, no, but whatever).

He'll be a very small underdog against Aldo, I would guess closer line than anyone's had against him before. I would guess the line will be -140 or -150 on McGregor, which would be super close for an Aldo fight.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Aldo wins, and I also agree that CM isn't very likable, but he knows how to sell, and I would probably consider him a better fighter than Bisping or Chael.

An another hand, how about Cowboy? Bad decision aside, dude has to be right there for a title shot, finally. Granted, apparently Khabib is still getting the shot even with his injury, and RDA is at #2 after that, but I would think Cerrone has earned a shot now. Might see the UFC ask him and RDA to fight each other for a true no. 1 contender spot...? I know at least RDA says he deserves his shot now. Oh well, I bet that fight gets made, better to take the fight than wait on a title shot that may be years away, knowing Pettis' health.

agree totally, also with the aldo mcgregor fight heres whats gonna happen LEG KICKS. Connor sticks his lead leg way out there the same way that uriah faber does and we all remember what happened there, dude couldnt even stand up at the end of the fight.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I got a feeling Conor is gonna put away Aldo (as intended by Dana and the UFC).

Those leg kicks are fine and dandy for dismantling fighters that like to spar back and forth and generally fuck around (like Siver), but McGreggor always advances and keeps the pressure up.

Conors stance means he'll be eating a lot of leg kicks, but unlike Faber there are going to be exchanges that might put Aldo in danger.

In any case, I'd wish Aldo the best and the only way I'd want Conor getting the belt is if he would just defend against the top 5 and move up to LW...just to see how he'd fare against some of the killers in that division.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Rumble vs. Gus this weekend on Fox (likely for a title shot) and then Anderson Silva makes his return in a week. Some good fights coming up here.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I dunno. It only takes a few leg kicks to completely fuck up your footwork. I honestly see the fight starting out with Connor all excited and hyped and by the end of the 2nd round he will be in "don't KO me, bro" mode. I'm really surprised that anybody is giving Connor a chance in this fight. The UFC has done well in advertising this fight, in that regard. I think Frankie Edgar smokes Connor, as well.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Rumble looked pretty damn good on Saturday, his power and the ability to generate it in all types of situations may be a decent fight against JBJ. I suppose I'll be rooting for Johnson, but that's mainly because his allegations weren't proved, and we know beyond the shadow of a doubt that Jones is a shitty person.

Hendo needs to retire. Mousasi looked good for the first time in a while. Fuck is up with Phil Davis? That guy strikes me as one of the biggest cases of not living up to talent/potential since Paulo Filho. Bader vs. Cormier likely soon.

Ah, well, Anderson is back this weekend. That's all that really matters for a little while, at least.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Holy fuck, what a surprise.....

Diaz smokes weed?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Holy fuck, what a surprise.....

the big surprise for me was silva. thats a hell of a let down. he basically goes down like barry bonds/ roger clemens type- unquestionable hall of fame career destroyed/ defined by end of career stupidity.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
the big surprise for me was silva. thats a hell of a let down. he basically goes down like barry bonds/ roger clemens type- unquestionable hall of fame career destroyed/ defined by end of career stupidity.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Diaz gets pinched for smoking weed after every single fight he's ever had in the UFC, Silva juicing on the other hand is kind of a big deal and it does come as a bit of a surprise.

And it looks like Cormier is continuing Bobb Sapps legacy as the next huge Kawaii black guy.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Fuck me, I didn't know what to think of that when I saw it on Sportscenter last night.

Diaz and weed, yeah, no shock, though it almost certainly means the end of his career.

Anderson and two different steroids, though, wow. His career is probably over, too, and what a terrible way to go out. Seems like some of those guys that started in Pride never got over the mentality of doing anything and everything since they weren't tested (i.e. Vanderlei, Overeem, and now Anderson, granted he made his name in the UFC).

Like Spoon said, makes you question his accomplishments somewhat. Also makes Weidman look better by contrast.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Ronda Rousey found a web show host dumb enough to tell her she couldn't throw him.

That floor looks pretty hard, too.

I think she'll go to movies full-time if she can't get the Cyborg fight by the end of the year (supposedly Cyborg's camp has a plan for her to get down to 140-ish, but she walks around at 175, so, sheeit, that's a lot of weight to drop).

Three movies lined up currently and a single decent, highly unlikely fight. She's going to kill Correia or Eye next, then if no Cyborg, she'd be looking at Miesha Tate again or Holly Holm. Both total mismatches.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Ronda Rousey found a web show host dumb enough to tell her she couldn't throw him.

That floor looks pretty hard, too.

I think she'll go to movies full-time if she can't get the Cyborg fight by the end of the year (supposedly Cyborg's camp has a plan for her to get down to 140-ish, but she walks around at 175, so, sheeit, that's a lot of weight to drop).

Three movies lined up currently and a single decent, highly unlikely fight. She's going to kill Correia or Eye next, then if no Cyborg, she'd be looking at Miesha Tate again or Holly Holm. Both total mismatches.

In all honesty, I think Rousey is in a whole league of her own. Zingano just got caught (that happens in MMA) it was still an armbar but not by conventional methods. Just shows Rousey's level and execution. I'd definitely like to see a re-match though. Tate has lasted the longest against Rousey in UFC history. No other girl has made it to Round 2 against Rousey. I don't think Cyborg can take Rousey honestly.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Rousey is def. in a league of her own, but can she please drop the full on cunt mode act already?

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
that.

she is a one trick pony. yes- that one trick is absolutely mastered. but thats really all she got.

Whoever the hell fights her next needs to just stay on their feet, why Zingano wanted to go to the ground is beyond me.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Whoever the hell fights her next needs to just stay on their feet, why Zingano wanted to go to the ground is beyond me.

Look at the second rousey/ tate fight.

rouseys weaknesses are all there on display. set the tempo. slow it down. take her apart.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Look at the second rousey/ tate fight.

rouseys weaknesses are all there on display. set the tempo. slow it down. take her apart.

Do what you do against any grappler, keep your distance and don't take it to the mat.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Do what you do against any grappler, keep your distance and don't take it to the mat.

exactly. what did tate in the second time was she let emotion get in the way of business and that made her sloppy. she had it and if it went one more round i think rousey would have been gassed.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Jon Jones continues to be an upstanding citizen.

My first thought is God I hope AJ kills him, though it sounds like it's entirely possible the fight won't happen now. My guess is that if the fight has to be cancelled he'll get stripped of the title and Rumble will fight Gus for it. Or at least an interim title, I mean, fuck that guy.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
What the fuck is up with impaired UFC guys crashing their cars into pregnant women?

Didn't Rampage do the same thing a while black?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I caught this gregn/freudian slip as soon as I typed it, but it's making me laugh my ass off so I'm gonna leave it.

Lol. See, at least Rampage had a good reason for his- he was fucked up on Red Bull and no sleep!

I think the Rampage rampage is fantastic, it's so bonkers.

And yes, the slip is pretty funny. I guess it's good that loony tunes like War Machine (Hispanic) and Josh Grispi (white) are out there to balance things a little bit.

edit: yeah, this is not going well for JBJ. I don't see how the fight with Rumble stays on now. He really should be stripped of the belt, too, considering how many times he's violated the code of conduct and how bad this is in particular.

Last edited: