Here is a new MMA thread

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
agreed but I dont think tate even comes close to beating holm though.

tate is a smart fighter. i think she is outclassed here too, but could be a good one. always has a punchers chance (she is an ex strikeforce champ too).

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
matt-mitrione-ufc-fight-night-811.jpg

might want to have that checked out..

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
matt-mitrione-ufc-fight-night-811.jpg

might want to have that checked out..

yeah dude that was so nasty looking I was crapping my pants when I saw that. Also I thought dillishaw should of won against cruz tonight anyone else think that?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i am waiting for the inevitable kuato shop on mitrione's eye.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Fans upset about Punk's fighter rating in latest UFC game

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/ufc-2-cm-punk-responds-to-rating/

LOL
I saw that, Punk's response was pretty funny. The programmers gave themselves plenty of room to drop his rating, at least. My guess is that his debut fight coming up here will go a long way toward determining his actual initial rating.

yeah dude that was so nasty looking I was crapping my pants when I saw that. Also I thought dillishaw should of won against cruz tonight anyone else think that?
Yes, I'd score it for Dillashaw. He landed more shots that actually did any damage all fight. Cruz seems to be back to his super-awkward zero-power style. I hope TJ gets a rematch, since no one else in that division can come close to hanging with Cruz.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Kevin Randleman has died at 44
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Former-UFC-Champ-Pride-Veteran-Kevin-Randleman-Dies-at-44-100141
UFC and Pride Fighting Championships veteran Kevin Randleman has died at 44 years old.

Wes Sims, who once trained alongside Randleman at Mark Coleman’s Team Hammer House, confirmed the news to Sherdog.com on Thursday evening via text message. Bleacher Report’s Jeremy Botter revealed on Twitter that the fighter went to the hospital with pneumonia and died of heart failure.

A two-time NCAA national champion wrestler at Ohio State University, Randleman began his mixed martial arts career in 1996 under the Universal Vale Tudo Fighting banner in Brazil. He made his Octagon debut in 1997, taking a unanimous decision over Maurice Smith at UFC 19. Two bouts later, he captured the promotion’s heavyweight title with a five-round verdict over Pete Williams at UFC 23. Randleman defended the belt once before losing it to Randy Couture at UFC 28.

Randleman made his Pride debut in 2002 and compiled a 4-7 record with the Japanese promotion over the next three-plus years, including wins over Mirko Filipovic and Murilo Rua. He also notably squared off with the likes of Quinton Jackson, Kazushi Sakuraba and Mauricio Rua during his tenure.

Known as “The Monster,” Randleman last fought on May 7, 2011, losing to Baga Agaev via first-round armbar at an event in Russia.

God speed Kevin

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Sucks about Kevin Randleman.

Punk is out of his fight with Gall to have back surgery. No way in hell he ever actually fights in the UFC, what a pointless stunt.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Bellator is going full-on silly tonight. Main event is 67-year-old Ken Shamrock vs. 75-year-old Royce Gracie. Should be epic, seeing as Royce has had one fight in the past, what, 8 years, in which he looked godawful and was also on steroids; and Shamrock is a pathetic can at this point who fights because he's broke.

And Kimbo Slice is fighting Dada 5000 in the co-main.

This stunt-booking is very much approaching Pride levels (maybe Coker can book Minowaman vs. Jaideep Singh sometime soon here).

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Minowaman is way to good for Bellator

I saw that press conference with all four of those guys and I hate Kimbo and Dada 5000

I got Ken winning in round 2 via Royce breaking his own hip

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
well that was an exciting last two bouts last night.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Last night was meme-tastic

Back to 145 Connor where Aldo and Frankie await

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
This Conor vs. the UFC thing is just pathetic, really. On one side you have the biggest egomaniac in the sport (far worse than Jon Jones and yes, also worse than Dana White), and then on the other side you have, well, Dana White. They both suck. Seriously, fuck Conor McGregor, Miesha Tate is right- you signed a contract that says you have to do something, you do it or you don't get paid.

I'd much rather watch a fight between the two best 205-ers on the planet than between a featherweight and a lightweight fighting at welterweight for no title. Again, fuck Conor McGregor (sucks for Nate Diaz, though, I hope he gets his head right and agrees to either Khabib or Cerrone).

Regarding the actual card, it's pretty damn impressive. Tate/Nunez should be good (Tate should win, she's far more well-rounded), Jones/DC is interesting, given Jones' slight regression in his last fight (I'll go with DC in the rematch), and Velasquez vs. Mr. Rousey is another good fight (though Browne could be so much better if he went to a real camp that isn't run by a retard). And Edgar vs. Aldo is probably the fight of the night if Aldo isn't shot.

So yeah. Good show, that will be fine without Conor. Interesting how both he and Rousey went to shit this year, big time (I don't think Rousey is ever coming back to fighting, she keeps getting more movie deals that will pay her more than fighting to not get beat up. It's not at that level but it's in the same ballpark as with The Rock).

Last edited:

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
This Conor vs. the UFC thing is just pathetic, really. On one side you have the biggest egomaniac in the sport (far worse than Jon Jones and yes, also worse than Dana White), and then on the other side you have, well, Dana White. They both suck. Seriously, fuck Conor McGregor, Miesha Tate is right- you signed a contract that says you have to do something, you do it or you don't get paid.

I'd much rather watch a fight between the two best 205-ers on the planet than between a featherweight and a lightweight fighting at welterweight for no title. Again, fuck Conor McGregor (sucks for Nate Diaz, though, I hope he gets his head right and agrees to either Khabib or Cerrone).

Regarding the actual card, it's pretty damn impressive. Tate/Nunez should be good (Tate should win, she's far more well-rounded), Jones/DC is interesting, given Jones' slight regression in his last fight (I'll go with DC in the rematch), and Velasquez vs. Mr. Rousey is another good fight (though Browne could be so much better if he went to a real camp that isn't run by a retard). And Edgar vs. Aldo is probably the fight of the night if Aldo isn't shot.

So yeah. Good show, that will be fine without Conor. Interesting how both he and Rousey went to shit this year, big time (I don't think Rousey is ever coming back to fighting, she keeps getting more movie deals that will pay her more than fighting to not get beat up. It's not at that level but it's in the same ballpark as with The Rock).

Yeah im looking forward to UFC 200 even more without mcgregor to be honest I cant stand that prick (or nate diaz for that matter) so Fuck them both I say. I agree with everything you said except for the Jones DC fight, I think Jones wins handily again. OSP just ran from John the entire fight and fought like a pussy and Jon played it smart not over extending himself into anything. Lets also not forget that Jones was preparing for DC the entire time and not OSP so he didnt really have much of a game plan going in but he is very familiar with DC and now he has even more time to get ready so DC will be in trouble. That being said I dont really care for Jones or DC but its gonna be a entertaining fight either way.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Velasquez vs. Mr. Rousey is another good fight (though Browne could be so much better if he went to a real camp that isn't run by a retard).
As long as Browne continues to use his special finger technique, he'll be fine. 3 pokes to Mitrione's eye until it grew to the size of a grapefruit = no loss of points. On the other hand, Velasquez isn't Browne's ex-wife, so I'm not sure that his punches will have the same effect as they did on her.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
So anyways,

is Rhonda Rousey done or what?

She got totally destroyed again on Friday, cant say I did not enjoy seeing it since shes always in total "cunt mode".

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
So anyways,

She got totally destroyed again on Friday, cant say I did not enjoy seeing it since shes always in total "cunt mode".

she might have to go back to her natural weight class.. but then she has holm and cyborg waiting there.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
So anyways,

She got paid $3mil for 48 seconds of work. She'll be aight.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
She got paid $3mil for 48 seconds of work. She'll be aight.

Doubt it. In the fight game, once your star falls, it's gone. 3 million is nice, but getting that brutally knocked out limits how much money she'll make on anything else in the future.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Doubt it. In the fight game, once your star falls, it's gone. 3 million is nice, but getting that brutally knocked out limits how much money she'll make on anything else in the future.

ufc is a little different. its all about the contract. im not sure whats left on rouseys countract, but there is a per fight guarantee on them. its why nunes only made 200k for her 48 sec of work and shes the damn champion.

if rousey comes back, she'll still pull 7 figures for another fight. though it would almost certainly not be a championship fight. she has to rank down a little and get a couple wins under her belt before that could happen again.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Most people don't see $3 mil in their life, she'll be ok if she invests wisely.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
ufc is a little different. its all about the contract. im not sure whats left on rouseys countract, but there is a per fight guarantee on them. its why nunes only made 200k for her 48 sec of work and shes the damn champion.

if rousey comes back, she'll still pull 7 figures for another fight. though it would almost certainly not be a championship fight. she has to rank down a little and get a couple wins under her belt before that could happen again.

She's not guaranteed to fight for any amount of times. She can retire at any time. Its like when Anderson Silva signed an obscene 9 fight contract in his 40s --it was basically just him saying "if I ever do fight, it'll be in the UFC." The way UFC contracts are made up is through bonuses. All the stuff you read about fighters making doesn't include undisclosed bonuses, which is where the real money is made, and why fighters like Connor can claim to be making astronomically high figures despite what's actually being reported. Every time Rousey loses, she makes less. This is a fact. As the losses continue, she'll be another fighter nobody cares about, which will hurt her when she wants to make a living outside of the UFC.

Rousey is finished. She knows this.