Atomiswave Consolized Guide

Beaps

Kabuki Klasher
Hi All

Is there any good guides anywhere on how to consolize an Atomiswave mobo?

Ta
B

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Not really, but download the manual and look at the pinout of the edge connector, it's pretty easy to figure out from there. Several people here, including myself, have done it and can give you tips or answer questions.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Now, getting the VGA to work with your TV is the hard part :( Really hope I can fix that one day. I may need to take mine to a more experienced tech to fix my sync issues with VGA. Standard def Atomiswave is sad-monkey-face.

Beaps

Kabuki Klasher
What kina power supply do I need, is it 5v only?

Any links would be great

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There are no links because it is literally like the easiest thing you can consolize, and if you've got the skills to do it you don't need a step by step guide.

You need both 5v and 12v. I use a SC300 power supply that outputs both.

mikey

Marked Wolf
They'd probably both work fine, but the one on the right that outputs 12v at 2 amps would be a safer bet. More amps never hurt.

Beaps

Kabuki Klasher
OK I made a bit of headway today. I wired the 5v, 12v & ground so it powers on OK. Now I am onto the video. I decided to use an AES scart as my BVM supports 15khz

Got it to fire on OK but I am getting lots of interference kinda looking?

Any ideas

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
If you want a consolized Naomi, this is the best way to do it:

Spoiler:

1920px-Dreamcast-Console-Set.jpg

:keke:

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
lmfao broken
/me slaps broken
you know you deserved that
suck it up

Beaps

Kabuki Klasher
Now that's out the way, can anybody help as to what's going on with the interferance and what I can try to do to stop it?

I am not using any resisters on the RGB and sync wires & I have nothing connected to pin 8 of the scart (AV Control)

Also do I need to daisy chain the grounds for RGB as I don't have those connected either

Thanks

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I would ensure you've got the grounds chained together to a ground connection on the SCART cable. It's better to use a shielded cable as well, but I suspect that noise you are seeing is directly related to the sync signal. You could try feeding the sync through a cap to see if that helps, or alternatively feed it into a sync cleaner or something. Possibly also try feeding the sync through a 150 or 180 ohm resistor to see if that makes any difference.

Beaps

Kabuki Klasher
I connected all the RGB grounds and tried it, it was the same. I then added the 150 ohm on the sync and the picture if you like was worse.

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Possibly but I doubt it! If picture got worse, maybe sync needs cleaning and amplifying or something. Have you tried on a different TV to check effect?

Beaps

Kabuki Klasher
OK I tested the VGA out on the Atomiswave & ficked the switch to 31k, and tried it on my lcd, the static is still there. I guess that means it not the output but it must be the power supply.

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Definitely check power supply.

Also when I run JAMMA video straight to a PVM/BVM I use 220 ohm resistors on all lines (R G B and Sync)

Beaps

Kabuki Klasher
OK I have cracked it. I powered the Atomis from my Arcade cab jamma edge and connected the Atomis to my BVM via the RGB scart. Picture looks bob on! so I need to use another power supply

Beaps

Kabuki Klasher
Does the heat shield need to go back on or can that be left off?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Does the heat shield need to go back on or can that be left off?

I would not let a heat shield out if it was there in the first place. It was put in place for a reason and excessive heat can reduce the life of electronic parts a lot.

Regards.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
If you find the appropriate power supply please let me know too. My consolized atomiswave has also interferences.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
It's been my experience that those cheap external HD power supplies with the molex connectors are crap. Poorly regulated and noisy power output.