Atomiswave Consolized Guide

RicoSt

n00b
I've got the same problem. But what's strange, I use a power supply connected to the jamma pinout and i use a premade supergun for the picture, the picture is OK. But when i get the picture direct from the jamma connector by using my own made AES style din connector I get the interference. In both cases I'm using the same power supply.

I think there should be something in the supergun that filters the interference..

Edit: I'm using that exact same powersupply from that eBay link btw

Last edited:

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I've got the same problem. But what's strange, I use a power supply connected to the jamma pinout and i use a premade supergun for the picture, the picture is OK. But when i get the picture direct from the jamma connector by using my own made AES style din connector I get the interference. In both cases I'm using the same power supply.

I think there should be something in the supergun that filters the interference..

Edit: I'm using that exact same powersupply from that eBay link btw
maybe the ground doesn't work well in the consolized unit.
If the consolized unit is just connected in the power socket and the monitor is turned on, without powering up the consolized unit, there are interferences on the black monitor screen.

Beaps

Kabuki Klasher
If anyone could help me out I really appriciate it. I can't get any sound from the consolized unit. I have a wire from Speaker + on the jamma edge and another connected to ground on the jamma edge. I have connected that to the audio points in the scart head and nothing.

If I a connect the atomiswave back in my jamma cab the sound plays fine.

Any ideas

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There's another spot to get line level stereo audio from the board. When I have a chance I'll see if I can dig up a pic of the spot.

Beaps

Kabuki Klasher
Great if you don't mind. I am out of ideas as to why I am getting nothing

Thanks B

Beaps

Kabuki Klasher
THANKS Beharius & all you guys for your help, works a charm now.

On a different note, what do you guys use as a 5th button, I am using an AES stick. Is the 5th button needed?

Beharius

Overtop Pathfinder
10 Year Member
Those photos weren't taken by me, not mine, I just keep them on my site.
Some games require a 5th button, on the aes stick the select button works as the 5th button.
I use custom arcade sticks with 6 buttons or modified snes/saturn control pads.

I highly recommend the Shyntek(beharbros.com) which is a sync separator and scanline generator for the Atomiswave. A must have if you are playing it on a large display.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Most of the non-fighters use a 3 button configuration and a neo stick works great, some of the fighters use all five. FotNS would be playable on a neo stick but really annoying.

Personally, I gutted a madcatz 360 stick and wired it for neo/Atomiswave use. I used this layout:

ABCD
DE

That gives a classic neo layout on top, and the Atomiswave layout with the bottom.