Windjammers price...

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Knowing some of the wackos in the hobby, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some guy in Italy (or elsewhere) with 5000 copies of the game collecting dust in his own private warehouse.

It's not so far from truth...

noCLip

Camel Slug
Windjammers is my fav game. Used to have 3 copies when I had 3 neos. Now I only have 1 neo but have 2 copies for when i get another big red.
This is probably the most popular game when i have game nights. We always do tournaments and people have a blast. Jack up the time to 99 and let the good times roll. Its def the most popular competitive game i have, all my friends suck at fighters and dont want to play me in them lol

I think its been at or around the 100 mark for some time, not just recently, but i still dont have access to the market so i can research that but im pretty sure its been around 100 for a few years now, 150 is a bit high, but if people pay it people will try and charge it.

Is it available on a multi cart yet? I dont think it is so people have to get an original if they want to play it, but i could be mistaken and it might be on one of them, i dont really follow the game lists on those

blakfishy

n00b
I can't believe this game went up so much in price, it seems so common. Guess I should have picked it up when they were cheap. I think they will go down again though.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I can't believe this game went up so much in price, it seems so common. Guess I should have picked it up when they were cheap. I think they will go down again though.

Keep dream'n nUbz.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Agreed 100%

Game is worth $20 on a good day.

I paid $40 for it in 2006, and I've gotten more use out of it than any of my other games. When I had parties I would turn that on and you would have people who know nothing about games lining up to play it. It's one of the most easily accessible games to pick up with a very low initial learning curve, but has enough depth that you can become genuinely skilled at it. You don't want to play it for hours, but it wasn't intended to be played for hours. What it does make you want to do is go just one more time to try beating your friend in front of everyone, just like a lot of other classic games people don't consider over-rated.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
The only thing that legitimately make me "angry" in this hobby are the collectards who hoard games without playing them, and the prices shooting up because of their shenanigans and those of flippers. If the prices of games are going up because there is more demand from people who want to play and appreciate them, then I can't really get angry at that.

this

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
It's natural for prices to increase as more people get into retro games. I don't understand why people keep complaining about prices when it's perfectly natural: limited supply, more demand, prices go up! If you want to play the game and don't want to pay the going rate for it then download the ROM, otherwise buy now and avoid paying more in the future.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I think its been at or around the 100 mark for some time, not just recently, but i still dont have access to the market so i can research that but im pretty sure its been around 100 for a few years now, 150 is a bit high, but if people pay it people will try and charge it.

For the past few years (2010-2013), the cart has been around the $55-75 mark. It only recently shot up to $100 (in the last year or so), but so have many other common games.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
If you tards are paying it, i'll sell my Windjammers cart for £125.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm pissed that I didn't get the game when I first got into the hobby. Like everybody else has said it's a fun game to play at parties. It just pisses me off the game isn't offered on any of the multicarts. I just want a multicart that has both Windjammers and Twinkle Star Sprites. I could care less about the multiple versions of King of Fighters and Metal Slug hacks.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
It's natural for prices to increase as more people get into retro games. I don't understand why people keep complaining about prices when it's perfectly natural: limited supply, more demand, prices go up! If you want to play the game and don't want to pay the going rate for it then download the ROM, otherwise buy now and avoid paying more in the future.

This.
Stop crying, sissies. Good old times are gome, accept it.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
This.
Stop crying, sissies. Good old times are gome, accept it.

The problem is games increasing not in a linear fashion, but randomly and retarded. Please tell me the SNES/NES market isn't a good example of this. Not even three years ago, Little Samson and Flinstones 2 surprise at shits peak was 100-150 all day. Then it got hyped up and people want 500+ now.

It seems everything started to go crazy after 2011-2012 era. not that prices weren't increasing every year. I just pin point that time frame as when a lot of people with more money than sense joined the market. If you want a really good example of a cart going up for retarded reasions, look up Hagane on nintendoage from 2011 all the way to 2014.

Fuck, the amount of newbs I have seen here that have over 9000 carts, post a picture of it in the collection threads, and then decide "oh I need to sell them cause financial reasons or getting out of the hobby" is astounding.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Fuck, the amount of newbs I have seen here that have over 9000 carts, post a picture of it in the collection threads, and then decide "oh I need to sell them cause financial reasons or getting out of the hobby" is astounding.

Rush into an MVS collection, rush out of an MVS collection. Like you said, more money than sense... and certainly no patience.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Rush into an MVS collection, rush out of an MVS collection. Like you said, more money than sense... and certainly no patience.

and what sucks is it inflates the market even more so.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
For a Neo-ite that has friends who dislike retro gaming, windjammers and Magical Drop III are the only games most people will play and enjoy. At least from my experience.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Those people wouldn't be my friends XP

Yeah, I have pretty much nothing in common these days with my high school friends who think old games are dumb. We rarely hang out. They all just watch freaking sports, talk about sports, browse the Internet for sports, and when no game is on watch shit like PTI and around the horn. And at work I don't talk to many guys, cause guess what, they're always like "what time the game on, what about that high-school running back, he gonna go pro, what you think them buckeyes?" and I tell them I don't watch sports and they think I'm homosexuality or something. So now I just say I'm too busy to watch TV cause work and school.

I haven't sat down and watched live TV in years. Occasionally I will binge through a good show on Amazon prime or something. But normally all my free time is gaming, reading, and listening to records. If my roommate didn't demand it, my living room would be nothing but a couch and a sweet stereo. But we gotta have teh cablez for fucking PTI

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I will agree that most of my friends who aren't "serious" retrogamers like windjammers.

TV is a waste of time and brain power anyway. I don't understand America's obsession with pro and college sports, I mean, I'll watch them if nothing else is on and I've got nothing better to do, but that's not often. Usually I just watch TV for a few while I'm cooking and eating.

I do watch hockey, but I also play hockey, so at least that makes some sense.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
We're nerds. We need fuel for our brains. I have to at least learn something once a week to feel productive. The only time I watch live TV is when I eat, and then it's a hallowed stare, thinking of things I'm going to work on after the bamboo feeding.

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
The only reason I still have cable is for sports. Roll Tide doll fuckers

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
The problem with TV is the focus is all on the commercials.

There's just no show for anyone with ADD or ADHD to watch any more. :p / :lolz:

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yeah, I have pretty much nothing in common these days with my high school friends who think old games are dumb. We rarely hang out. They all just watch freaking sports, talk about sports, browse the Internet for sports, and when no game is on watch shit like PTI and around the horn. And at work I don't talk to many guys, cause guess what, they're always like "what time the game on, what about that high-school running back, he gonna go pro, what you think them buckeyes?" and I tell them I don't watch sports and they think I'm homosexuality or something. So now I just say I'm too busy to watch TV cause work and school.

I haven't sat down and watched live TV in years. Occasionally I will binge through a good show on Amazon prime or something. But normally all my free time is gaming, reading, and listening to records. If my roommate didn't demand it, my living room would be nothing but a couch and a sweet stereo. But we gotta have teh cablez for fucking PTI

I hear ya man. Most of my local friends are into sports in a big way. If it's not football with a round ball, I just can't seem to get excited about it. Honestly, I zone out when they start talking fantasy football and the latest college and pro results. Just not my cup of tea. They feel the same way about gaming I'm sure. I do watch a fair amount of TV, both solo and with my family, but I tend to download or stream episodes rather than watch 'em "live".

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Bunch of homos here!

Its all about Amerika futball! Go Hawks