Windjammers price...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
jup, another game people got crazy for...

Since it is easy to pick up and a lot of fun especially with 2 players, I can understand the attention more than with SSVS or MagLord though.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
And how about Pulstar fetching $200-$300? Seems like a panda-induced shortage...

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
This is the game on MAME my friends like the most and I've been trying to justify spending 100+ but I just can't. So instead I've bought like 300 dollars in other games that they don't care about. I must hate my friends haha.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I set up Windjammers in my cab at a game room in a local anime con and people were crazy for it. We ended up doing a competition at the end of the day. Yeah it's a totally awesome game but I agree the prices are stupid. It's always a game that got snatched up super quick when listed here but it was always like for $50. I got mine for that a couple years ago in fact. If you don't have anyone to play it with though it gets a little boring.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager

This was the review that made me want Windjammers. Basically everything Mark reviews I want haha

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Those are in the soft dip settings. If you set the region to Japan, the matches go up to 15 points instead of 12 for USA/Euro.

IIRC you can do this on the Neo Geo CD version too, plus that rockin' soundtrack! I love this game though, if I ever get an MVS setup of any kind (either machine or consolized) this will be one of the first games I pick up. Too bad the AES version is so expensive.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member

This was the review that made me want Windjammers. Basically everything Mark reviews I want haha

Same here, and same here. He doesn't even really review games so much as he just showcases them, but his enthusiasm for games in general makes me want to play whatever he's playing.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Yeah Mark from Classic Gameroom is one of the few "reviewers" I can stand to watch, he just enjoys games and doesn't try to put some arbitrary number rating on everything like other reviewers. And he is just so damn positive about everything, I'd love to meet that guy in real life and have a few beers with him and just play some games.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Yeah Mark from Classic Gameroom is one of the few "reviewers" I can stand to watch, he just enjoys games and doesn't try to put some arbitrary number rating on everything like other reviewers. And he is just so damn positive about everything, I'd love to meet that guy in real life and have a few beers with him and just play some games.

As would I. I enjoy his review style, even though some of his recent videos are clear cash grabs where he is barely talking about the game itself. I think he's in Pennsylvania.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Yeah he's in the Pittsburg area.

Sure some of his videos are cash grabs. His channel is a source of income for him. I think his videos would be better if he spent more time making them, but I get the pressure to upload daily when you have a channel like his.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
KLOV is a mess nowadays, everytime I see a SF II for 100 plus shipping, I think, "what went wrong?"
It's because of those assholes who figured out a way to convert them in Super Ghost and Ghoul or whatever rare title. I forgot the name but this is what's going on right now. As for WindJammers, it's a cool game but it gets old after a while.

I believe there's a pseudo sequel on another hardware kit..

Last edited:

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
It's because of those assholes who figured out a way to convert them in Super Ghost and Ghoul or whatever rare title. I forgot the name but this is what's going on right now. As for WindJammers, it's a cool game but it gets old after a while.

I believe there's a pseudo sequel on another hardware kit..

Wow there was a sequel to Windjammers? I assume you mean this? Crazy Power Disc? Looks like it is PC only, but it looks terrific, looks like it could of made a great PS2 game.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Eh don't worry guys, a year from now you'll be wishing you bought it as it will have gone up. It will make this price look sane!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
It's ridiculous what these games are going for now. I remember paying like $40.00 for my English Windjammers with mini marquee. The more I see these games go up in price the more I consider just selling all of them and my arcade cabinet, and just getting a supergun and every multicart known to man. I have around 30 MVS games now, and they are almost all the desirable ones. Glad I picked these up when they were cheap. I couldn't imagine collecting for Neo Geo and SNES right now. SNES is crazy enough.

If I knew then what I know now about game prices I would have invested in video games. Fuck stocks and CD's, and saving accounts. Might as well have fun with my investment till I sell it 10 years later for 200% profit.

10 years from now it's going to be all those premium edition games on PSP and the exclusive pre orders directly from the manufacturer, like Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition, Class of Heroes 2, and of course every Nintendo game. I can't imagine what that Hilton PSP game will be worth in 20 years.

Windjammers isn't worth it. It's one of my favorites on the console. But if you're alone playing neo, like I normally am, this gets no play. In my opinion this is a 2 player game only.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Windjammers isn't worth it. It's one of my favorites on the console. But if you're alone playing neo, like I normally am, this gets no play. In my opinion this is a 2 player game only.

This is exactly correct. I would play the game more (or at all) but it just isn't much fun to play single-player.

ChuChu has a point, as well. Whatever you think is overpriced now will seem like a deal in a couple of years.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
This. I wouldn't even give it that much credit though, very average sports shlock at best. Pick up neo geo cup 98 for a tenner if you want something fun and cheap.

coming from the guy that scored $80AUD for his copy :P

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
LOL I have three mini marquees for Windjammers from a lot I bought a few years ago, even though I've got only one cart.

sir arthur

War Room Troll
Well, at least here in Spain we have tons of podcast and youtubbers that find their market niche in retrogaming.

Apparently this is a trend in the whole world

That shit is making retrogaming a nasty market nowadays

Zapf

n00b
Well, at least here in Spain we have tons of podcast and youtubbers that find their market niche in retrogaming.

Apparently this is a trend in the whole world

That shit is making retrogaming a nasty market nowadays

Getting angry that people are discovering neo geo games (and rediscovering retrogames in general), thus increasing demand for fun titles like windjammers (or snes jrpgs or n64 games in general or whatever, its all going up) is silly. Angry posts about those mean nasty internet "hipsters" posting videos online and sharing their love for a game because it affects a BIN price on ebay just makes me wonder if you're shaking your cane towards the neighborhood kids from your front porch whilst you post.

Prices go up, its inevitable, chill out about it. I ended up buying windjammers a month or so ago for a price north of $100, and I don't really regret it. Its not like cps2 prices right now or anything.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
The only thing that legitimately make me "angry" in this hobby are the collectards who hoard games without playing them, and the prices shooting up because of their shenanigans and those of flippers. If the prices of games are going up because there is more demand from people who want to play and appreciate them, then I can't really get angry at that.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
The only thing that legitimately make me "angry" in this hobby are the collectards who hoard games without playing them, and the prices shooting up because of their shenanigans and those of flippers. If the prices of games are going up because there is more demand from people who want to play and appreciate them, then I can't really get angry at that.

You forgot the people who hoard multiple copies of games. Why do you need 2 mark of the wolves aes carts, and a complete and sealed copy of little Sampson? People who hoard like that probably rarely even play the games. If at all in fear of damaging them

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,

VG are not a basic commodity so I can't feel sad for those who arrived late to the party or have no enough money.
I hope that who spent a lot of cash for a game is satisfied (playing or not), and the same for who sold it. Everything else is just communism.